shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to put my cat down....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry. What a very special little soul.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this but very thankful you will be there for him tomorrow.

You have given him so much joy and he has been wonderful for you. There is no easy way to accept the loss of your loyal friend. It's your right to grieve - take as much time as you need. Always remember that those 13 years were a blessing for him and your family.

When you are ready, maybe you would consider adopting another pet in need. The wonderful bond you share with your friend can't be replaced, but another may benefit from it - and show your family love in return.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I am so so sorry. It is incredibly difficult to have to go through something like this. I have had to have three of my cats put to sleep and I was completely nuts about them. You have to remember that you have done and are doing what is best for your baby. One thing that helped just a little bit is that I now write down all the cute little things my cats do and the little quirks that they have. I write everything even if it''s a silly small thing. It helps just a tiny bit to be able to have all the wonderful memories. My heart goes out to you...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Roppongi I am so sorry for you and for your cat and for the loss. I have been through this and I know how hard it is.

It sounds like you gave your best to this cat and he gave his best to you. It is so sad to come to the end of that story.

Remember how lucky this kitty was to come to you and have the wonderful home you provided. His life was long and that was only due to your care and love.

Remember when he came to you and you helped him and didn''t want anything to hurt him ever again. If he could, he would feel the same things for you now, seeing you hurting. He would not want you to hurt, he would want you to heal.

Hang in there and I wish you the best.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Roppongi, my heart is breaking for you and your post really made me cry.
7.gif
You sound like you treat your cat so wonderfully.

Your little fur ball sounds like my little fur ball. I rescued her a couple of years a go, and since I''ve gotten her, she is like my little shadow. She is always purring and always loving on me. She sits in the bathroom while I shower too.

I am soooooooooo sorry for your loss, and as much as it hurts now, you are doing the right thing for your cat. I have no doubt that he knows how much you loved him and from what you wrote, the feeling was mutual.

{{BIG HUGS to you}}

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having lost a much much loved cat who had to be put to sleep and other very much loved cats in the more distant past, I am very much in sympathy with you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. It''s just heartbreaking. It is truly amazing how those little furballs worm their way into our hearts with the things they do. I''m thinking about you...

rainbowtxt1.jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Roppongi, my heart is absolutely breaking for you, I too have a 13 year old kitty and know that one day I will go through the same thing. I am so sorry that your furbaby is going to Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. Just know that he had the best mommy ever and you will see him again one day. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry.... reading your post reminded me of losing my beloved chloe.... she''s been gone 12 years, almost 13, and I''v not loved another animal even remotely as much... it was such a kick in the gut when she died, I cried for days and mourned for years.... I''m really sorry :*(

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Roppongi, I''m so very sorry. As a cat lover myself (I have 2) I can imagine how heartbroken you must be right now. It''s OK to feel like you do....remember, these little guys are TRULY members of our families, and it''s completely appropriate to mourn them as such! Just know how much he must love you for giving him such a wonderful 13 years, and remember that all he will be aware of is that he''s going to sleep in your arms, which is undoubtedly one of his favorite spots! I will send thoughts of peace and comfort (and head bonks from my kitties) to you tomorrow.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for all of your love and suport - I truly cannot tell you what all this means to me.

This morning was one of the most difficult things that I have ever gone through. My mother called me as I was getting ready to leave and she offered to come with me. She said, "I just want to be there for you." I burst into tears. I was able to spend a good amount of time with him, and he did enjoy a couple of bites of tuna. The doctor came in and as I snuggled close to him and his face he peacefully fell asleep. I held him in my arms for another 15 mintes and sobbed. I decided to have him cremeated and have his ashes returned to me so that he can stay with us forever.

Kerbear560 and FireGoddess - The Rainbow Bridge Poem was so beautiful and very touching...I must believe that the spirit of my Storm has passed on to this glorious place.

I am so emotionally drained and the tears just keep coming. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, prayers and support.

You all are the best.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. You gave your cat a wonderful life and he will be remembered fondly by you and your family. Pets add so much to our lives. The loss it tremendous. My thoughts are with you.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry.

gr_im24.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry - I had to put my dog down for the same reason. I still get tearful when I think of her, and that was several years ago. I know it hurts. My thoughts are with you.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss roppongi. I've never had cats, but my two childhood dogs needed to be put down. Both times it was the most painful thing. I had those dogs since the age of 3 and it was completely unbearable. I hope my current and future pets pass away naturally because I don't want to go through that again. We also have their ashes. It's nice to know that they'll always be with us. *Hugs*

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry.
39.gif
*HUGS*

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Roppongi, I''m so sorry about your cat=( I know it''s extremely heartbreaking to lose a pet. But it sounds like your kitty lived a long and happy life. You will always have the wonderful memories of the 2 of you together. Hang in there!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
My heart goes out to you. So sorry for your loss but please know that you keep the best part of him with you, his memories. Always. Please write more if you want to talk. We are all here for you.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Roppongi:
My heart goes out to you...my kitty Cleo and I''ll be thinking of you. I''ve had let go of my beloved Joey on the day after Xmas a few years ago and I was devastated, but I knew he would not suffer any longer and that was my primary concern for him.

As everyone has mentioned, you had 13 wonderful years together, loved and cherished, and he will always be a part of you, as he will live on in your heart.

Many hugs and purrs are yours from Cleo and I.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results