shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to put my cat down....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I am absolutely devastated and have not stopped crying for the past 7 hours. I found out this afternoon that my cat of 13 years is suffering from heart failure and will have to be put down tomorrow morning. I adopted this poor cat in 1993 after someone kicked in his eye socket and busted 3 of his ribs. With the help of an incredible vet I nursed him back to health and life. He was my first love and my faithful companion. He was with me when I rescued my dog and the two of them became best friends. He was with me when I got married and has been around for the birth of my two boys. He has never once acted out and everyone just loved him to death. They said he was more like a dog than a cat. He was so loving and friendly and always had a purr and a kiss for you.

Guys...I am absolutely flipping out. It took every ounce of energy to go trick or treating with my kids tonight. I am in so much pain. I honestly didn''t know that I could be so taken by this little ball of fur. This cat slept on top of my head every night. When I bathed he sat on the ledge of the tub keeping me company. He followed me everywhere....he was my shadow. My dog has been going from room to room looking for him. I know he feels his loss as well.

Tomorrow morning I will bring his blanket and a little tin of tuna to the vet and he will be put to sleep in my arms. I honestly feel like I am losing a part of me. I am praying that he will pass on to a better place where he is not in pain and will remember how much I absolutely loved adored him.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry to hear the sad news! *HUGS*

It sounds like you saved this cat''s life 13 years ago...and gave him the best 13 years of life that a cat could ask for. I can''t imagine how hard this must be to do. I''m so sorry.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh roppongi my heart goes out to you...after everything you guys have been through lately. of course this is not news you ever want to hear, but on the heels of all the draining trials life has thrown at you recently, i''m so sorry. these small bundles of fur work their way so completely into our hearts, you really wonder what you did before they were around. at least he will be in a better place and free of pain with lots of tins of tuna...not the warmest of comfort i am sure. big hugs...and portia sends her kisses too.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Your post is so touching, it almost made me cry, I've had that moment when you loose a very loved pet, in fact 3 times, and it's really painful, I understand you...
8.gif

but just think that he'll suffer no more, and that you have your wonderful family and your dog there to support you.. I know you'll miss him, but maybe he's suffering more right now, think you'll have a tiny little cat angel up there!!
12.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am so very very sorry. and i know what you are feeling. take your time tomorrow and spend as much time as you can with him. i also found that taking him to the crematorium myself helped me deal with my grief. i didn''t want strangers to touch him...only those that had loved him. he now resides in an urn in an honored spot in our home. my gato was with me 20 years which is longer than most marriages. i still grieve for him. but i was blessed to have him in my life.

your kitty was blessed to have you come into his life and share his life journey. i am glad he found you and as painful as it is, i''m glad he has your love to ease him onto his next path.

movie zombie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh roppongi...I am so desperately sorry. Praying for you and your baby, he must journey on ahead of you now, but you will meet again, I truly believe that. Hugs to you.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Roppongi, my heart is absolutely aching for you.
8.gif
Last summer, we had to put down my childhood cat Domino, of 14 years... it was more painful than I ever thought it could be. But please know that kitties are wiser about these things than we are... he knows it is his time to go, and I am sure he is at peace with it... we really felt that way with Domino. I really believe that animals are more intuitive about this stuff than people will ever be... if that brings you any comfort at all. So sorry you are going through this.... hang in there and know that soon he will be happy and healthy and running free with my Domino and all the other most loved kitties up over the Rainbow Bridge.
1.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry that this had to happen. Please try to take comfort from the knowledge that you gave your cat a good life and a loving home.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh i'm so sorry Roppongi
7.gif
prayer heading your way today..

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm so horribly sorry to hear this. My husband and I had to put our poor Scotty down three weeks ago. He was FIV+, suffered from heart failure and kidney failure...It was 6 months from his initial diagnosis that he died...

It is heartbreaking...and I am so sorry. It is "easier" when you know it's the right thing to do...and seeing how peaceful the end was for him makes it easier...

I'll be thinking about you.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dear Roppongi, I''m so so sorry to hear this.

Please know I''ll be thinking of you today...my heart just aches for you...
emrose.gif

widget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''m so, so sorry, rappongi! It''s so very hard to make that decision. Your head is telling you that it must be done but your heart never fully recovers. Some day the hurt will fade a bit and you will be able to think of all the wonderful years you had with your beloved kitty. My heart and thoughts go out to you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
roppongi, I''m so very very sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you and I hope you''ll take comfort in the many special years and you and your cat had together. *** BIG BIG HUGS ***

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for you and your kitty, but he knows how much you love him and making this decision to help him in his final hours is part of that love for him. Know that you gave him a great life and that he will love you forever. My kitties send their purrs to you to get through this.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh how sad.
8.gif
Heartbreaking really. Thinking of you during these trying times.

kind regards--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Roppongi I am so sorry to hear this and I feel so bad for you. Take some comfort from the memories of the time you''ve shared and from knowing that you gave your cat a truly wonderful life.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sweetie... I am praying that you have the strength to send your loved one to heaven!!!!
Words can''t express the empathy I feel for you...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry to hear this, your story is so sad I have to hold back tears...
7.gif
I admire the generosity you''ve shown by giving him the best home you could. My heart goes out to you, and I''m sending you bug hugs.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had the words to make you feel better. I know what it''s like to love a little furball so much that sometimes it feels like your heart will burst from it all.
Don''t rush your grief. It''s perfectly natural to feel the pain and sorrow you are experiencing now. Take your time and use your memories of him to get you through the rough spots. He will always be a part of you, whether he is here physically or not.

I wish you the best and hope that time will lessen the pain (it will!).
emrainbow.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gosh, Roppongi, your post made me cry. I too am a pet owner, and I can understand your utter devastation over your little guy. I know its just not fair......My heart truly goes out to you...

You, your little guy, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers....
emrainbow.gif
I am so sorry.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My sympathies to you. My family had to put our beloved dog to sleep long before her time as she was rescued from a terrible situation (starved and beaten) and became dangerous to everyone but my family as she got older (biting and attacking people). I hope your experience today brings you some sort of peace. I''ll be thinking of you today.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Aww roppongi, I''m so sorry to hear. Your post almost made me cry. My heart goes out to you. *HUGS* I know your cat will be missed terribly but just know that he''s in a better place now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my heart goes out to you roppongi. This is heartbreaking. I will be praying for you. I''m so very sorry.
39.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. I dread anything like that happening to my dear cats.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Linda, I am so very sorry. [BIG HUGS] I know what it''s like to lose a beloved pet. It is losing a member of your family, a daily companion and friend. I''m so, so sorry. Take comfort in the fact that your cat had a long, rich, wonderful life after he met you. He was a very lucky and loved creature. I''ll be thinking of you today.
15.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Roppongi, your post brought tears to my eyes, and I am so so sorry for you. We just found out unexpectedly about a week ago that my childhood cat (14 years old) who was actually born in our house when I was 10, had to be put down, so the feelings are still extremely raw to me. The worst part of my mom''s description was how even as they were giving her the shot she was purring and looking up at my mom with such trusting eyes, knowing she could make the pain go away. You just have to know that you really are doing the right thing as miserably unfair as it is. My heart goes out to you. (okay, now I''m really crying...at work...)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
My heart goes out to you.

I had to put my beloved cat to sleep a few years ago and I still miss her. She was in my arms and feeling safe when she was put to sleep. She was finally free from her pain and suffering. It was such a difficult thing to go through, but I''m glad I was with her to the very end. The thought of us not being together in her last moments was not even an option. I put my trepedations aside, was strong and was there for her. Afterwards I was just heartbroken.

I hope you find solace in the many happy memories you shared and knowing you made such a difference in each others lives.

You were a blessing to each other.

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

(( hugs ))

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Deeply and profoundly sorry for the pain and stress you''re going through with this, R.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty! My thoughts are with you.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry roppongi...I''m not sure if you''ve read this poem before, but I figured I''d post it. It has provided me with comfort anytime I''ve had to say goodbye to one of my fur-babies:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results