shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to drive to The Mass/ New Hampshire area soon with 2 rescue puppies.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So who am I visiting?:mrgreen2:

I might have one of DH’s retired nurses with me, but I’ll definitely have two 3-4 month old healthy, fixed and vaccinated pups (very long story) with me on the way up. it also depends on if they are adopted by the time I set out on my journey and where, but I may also end in Mass. at the quarantine facility. Then I may or may not spend a few days poking around and seeing if friends in the area are home or whatnot. It’s very loosey goosey right now, but the general gist is that I am taking a road trip sometime after August 15 and I’m ending up somewhere around Mass, Conn, NH etc.

Driving. Let me say that again. Lol. Driving. No jewelry will be on board.
if you want to map it out, basically map from Birmingham to I guess Mass. I drew the basic line on this map.
A82F7E5F-4E4A-4491-8FDE-74B67C332699.jpeg

Let me know if I can stop by and holler at you (as they say here). Thanks!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun! Thought it sounds like a long drive! I'd love to hear more of the backstory AND see some photos of these pups!! I'm in CT. You may find yourself a little more east in CT if you are following 95. Happy to offer my yard as break point for you, your fellow traveler and the pups, all depending on timing of course!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me know if I can stop by and holler at you (as they say here). Thanks!!

Umm yes! First of all thank you for caring for the rescue pups and second of all safe travels. If you find yourself at the jersey shore please message me! I would love to meet up with you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d jump at the chance, but I’m on the opposite side of the country. Sounds like it’ll be a fun trip! I hope everything goes smoothly!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, first off they are black with a little white (of course… it seems many rescues are black). They are both females and are likely lab and cur mix. Or lab and heeler mix— something like that. They are also water babies.

They are about 4 months old and will be fully vetted by Monday, are getting spayed on the 9th and rabies, chipped and heartworm negative. (Thank God for that… they are never HW negative down here).

One is more adventurous and outgoing and a little smarter, easier to train. She loves to be outside.

The other one is more cuddly and a little prettier and boy does she work that. She is slightly harder to train. She will come up to me during the day for a cuddle. She likes to play “you’re not a dog; you’re a baby” while cradling her and rocking her back and forth lol. She likes to go outside, but she also is the one who wants to go back inside first.

They are kennel trained and sleep in their separate kennels. We are working hard on potty training and they are doing well with that.

Of course it’s is hard because I have two of them (four total with my dogs). They are litter mates. They will be adopted out separately probably through “always adopt” up in the NE. Please Please Please if you live in Mass, Conn, NY, NH, RI, Delaware, VT and you know someone who is looking for a puppy, please market them for me.

I will put up a contact on Loupe Troop sometime today.

Oh, and yes, a short visit with a back yard and a pee pee break for all is welcomed! it doesn’t have to be a long visit or an overnight, especially when I have the dogs. I’m looking at air BNBs with fenced yards who takes pets, so I’m set that way. I have my weight in poo poo bags.

Ok, here is the back story. Next post….

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do transport for rescue. I found it was low key and easy to pick a dog up, drive an hour and hand off to the next person.

For this particular transport, it wound up hell.
I wound up with two different people dropping off puppies to my house and I ended up with three more dogs than expected. It was “oh, since you are going that way, can you take one more“ kind of thing. Ok, I have an suv sure. I was catfished with one lol who was much larger than the pic he sent me and then I didn’t know about these two black labs until they were 30 mins away. Miscommunications all around.

5 husky puppies.
685062F9-1EB1-4772-9400-6B2C99998499.jpeg

the two black labs and TUCKER, the catfished high energy super smart Jack Russell terrier mix,

A4A7C3FD-4D9E-4A5D-AF6A-22BBA51A9C19.png

DH was supposed to bring them to the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area three nights later and I took a look at all of them and thought absolutely in no way would he be able to handle it.

Next part in a minute.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got up at 6 am the next morning, took Tucker for a walk, fed everyone, got everything cleaned up and in the SUV. the 5 huskies were in one kennel, the two labs in another kennel, and I harnessed and tethered Tucker to my seat belt lock. I bid DH farewell and told him I was long haul trucking around the land and I would likely be back around 8 p.m.

By 35 minutes into the drive, Tucker managed to unharness himself, unlock his tether, open the lock on my purse and nose around in there, grabbing a medicine bottle and chewing on it. So that was my first unscheduled stop on the side of the interstate.

I got Tucker back strapped in and managed to get the huskies to drop off #1. Took Tucker for a walk and got back on the road.

I get a call from the transport coordinator. She is talking over from the original one who got throw up sick. She has never worked before with the rescue who is taking the labs, so she asked them for a vet reference and 3 people willing to speak with her to vouch for the integrity of the rescue. They refuse to cooperate. o.k. I keep driving, you keep working on that and I’ll drop Tucker off to his forever family. (Which was actually so fun and cool to see how happy they were to get him)

I get a call back 35 minutes later. The rescue continues to refuse to cooperate so she gets on her transport coodinator website and apparently this rescue sucks, has sent parvo puppies up north and infected a bunch more dogs and gives dogs away without vetting.

So now the black labs are homeless again. They and the huskies came from the shelter in Denton, Tx and because they were so young, the shelter basically kinda stuck them on the transport with the huskies to get them out of the shelter immediately because they were starting to have to euthanize for space and also so the puppies wouldnt get parvo.

they were owner surrendered and were living in a car with their homeless owner. that is all I know about them.

BRB

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the transport coordinator and I start thinking about what to do and I called a rescue owner I know and she said that was fine, the could take them as long as I fostered them. This was about 6 weeks ago.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

THE PLAN was I would hold on to them for a few weeks and once a group of dogs went on the rescue road trips truck, another foster would have an opening to take the dogs.

well, guess what? The www.rescueroadtrips.com 18 wheeler specially made with an AC back with shelves for kennels broke down.

3A4E75B2-EFCA-4910-8B9E-0FFD183DB6F1.jpeg

Their Volvo engine has 500k miles on it and should be good for 500k more and also something about the transmission (the story is on their FB page) and with the supply chain issues, they can’t get the part until MAYBE OCTOBER. Or they might look for a new cab which might take until November, so they are OUT right now.

So now all the southern Rescues who depend on them are stuck. We can’t take any more shelter or abandoned dogs in and so the euthanizing has again begun for space.

Truthfully, I’m at my wits end. These girls are very precious and I love them a lot, but i can’t do it any more. I have no help because DH works a lot and none of my kids are home so it’s all me. And you all might remember I had both knees replaced in December.

It’s just way more than I can handle and it’s not right for these two dogs to be stuck with me. They need boat rides and fetching balls in the ocean and going for hikes and swimming and I can’t provide that for them.

Plus, my two bulldogs are miserable.

So some of the people at other rescues I know have begun taking trips up north and making a vacation out of it after they drop the dogs off. So I’m going to do the same thing.

The rescue I’m fostering for is looking for fosters up north and the dogs will also be placed on pet finder as soon as they are done with their spay surgery.

They may or may not be adopted by the time I get up there. If they are adopted in NH or Mass, they have to go to a quarantine facility in Mass. If they are adopted anywhere else, I can bring them straight to their forever homes.

so that is the back story.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so wonderful that you help animals. I wish you and those precious pupps all the best.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a story and the puppies are so cute! We need more people like you to help the animals!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You such a big heart @whitewave! I just lost my precious Bailey. I adopted him from a rescue with mange and roundworm. He and his mom and siblings lived inside a carcass of a cow in Missouri. He hardly had any hair. We bonded on the floor in my kitchen because that’s where we slept until his mange and roundworm were healed. I don’t think my back or heart will ever be the same. The yellow one in the front looks like my Bailey at that age. ❤️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You such a big heart @whitewave! I just lost my precious Bailey. I adopted him from a rescue with mange and roundworm. He and his mom and siblings lived inside a carcass of a cow in Missouri. He hardly had any hair. We bonded on the floor in my kitchen because that’s where we slept until his mange and roundworm were healed. I don’t think my back or heart will ever be the same. The yellow one in the front looks like my Bailey at that age. ❤️

That little yellow one on the front was the really sweet one too. I didn’t know husky mixes howl at around 8 weeks old lol. I woke up and walked in the living room and suddenly they were all “whooooool whooollll whoolllll” and I was like damn, that is a morning greeting lol. A little much at 6 am but nice to know I was missed lol.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love to do personal replies, but please believe me when I say I am tapped out today and exhausted. I’m just drained. I actually think this road trip will be really good for me personally.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those black lab puppies are really BEYOND adorable. I'll contact you through LT, after you've had a chance to set up a listing (no rush). And, I will happily advertise them in CT, but would be good for applicants to go through the rescue if they do home visits, etc.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@whitewave, can I just say that you've become one of my favorite people ever? This is so wonderful of you. I'm wishing you the best of trips and that your heart is eased by these baby girls finding wonderful homes.

Oh, and if your route happens to shift for some reason and takes you through southwest/west central Ohio, y'all would be totally welcome to stop here for a break!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, @whitewave, you have the heart of a saint! Thank you for taking care of the little ones. I look forward to hearing more about the road trip. What an adventure it's already been. :)) Wish I weren't on the West Coast -- it'd be fun to meet you and the pups!

I just put in an application with two local groups to be a foster parent for kittens and/or puppies. We have two cats and a dog, and my better half and I have wanted to foster for a long time.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone. At the moment it looks like I’m going to end up kinda across from Martha’s Vineyard in Mass.

I’m also wondering what should (I don’t know how I turned italics on lol) so in the south Mass, Rhode Island. I‘ve been to NH and Mass, but never to RI and Delaware (pass through) so I find this pretty exciting.

a friend recommended I go to Newport and tour some mansions. I thought of taking the high speed ferry and go to Martha’s Vineyard for the night and to the nature boardwalk and things like that.

Anything in Delaware? I sort of figure since I’m going up there, I may as well enlighten myself and do one or two touristy things.

Maybe go see Mt. Vernon? it’s always been in the back of my mind that I would want to go there.

its kinda funny… going up I’m going to be in old t shirts and shorts and then it’s like cinderella’s godmother came by and gave me a make over for the way home. lol

any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, @whitewave, you have the heart of a saint! Thank you for taking care of the little ones. I look forward to hearing more about the road trip. What an adventure it's already been. :)) Wish I weren't on the West Coast -- it'd be fun to meet you and the pups!

I just put in an application with two local groups to be a foster parent for kittens and/or puppies. We have two cats and a dog, and my better half and I have wanted to foster for a long time.

Foster is like anything else worth doing— highs and lows. The key is to know that sometimes you have ability to give of your time, talent and treasure and sometimes you can’t and that is ok.

After this situation, I’m talking a break for at least 6 months. It’s been too much (but my neighborhood also doesn’t allow fences so as they are getting bigger they want to run into the woods etc so it’s getting exponentially harder)…

and you might just foster fail your first one lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E4FF5A43-E0D8-4F9A-9C21-86905AE271E2.jpeg

EC8

Shiny_Rock
For Delaware, you may want to check out Winterthur; it’s a DuPont museum with gardens.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everyone. At the moment it looks like I’m going to end up kinda across from Martha’s Vineyard in Mass.

I’m also wondering what should (I don’t know how I turned italics on lol) so in the south Mass, Rhode Island. I‘ve been to NH and Mass, but never to RI and Delaware (pass through) so I find this pretty exciting.

a friend recommended I go to Newport and tour some mansions. I thought of taking the high speed ferry and go to Martha’s Vineyard for the night and to the nature boardwalk and things like that.

Anything in Delaware? I sort of figure since I’m going up there, I may as well enlighten myself and do one or two touristy things.

Maybe go see Mt. Vernon? it’s always been in the back of my mind that I would want to go there.

its kinda funny… going up I’m going to be in old t shirts and shorts and then it’s like cinderella’s godmother came by and gave me a make over for the way home. lol

any suggestions would be great.

I’m in Rhode Island. Newport is great - so is block island and Martha’s Vineyard. Everything is packed right now (it seems everyone left NY and CT and came here this summer. Lol), but the beaches here are fantastic.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This might not happen. We have no foster homes right now in the area.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @whitewave. Hearing this news had to be disappointing. It’s understandable that you would want these little ones going to their forever homes and want your own furbabies getting back to their life with having their mom’s full attention. These puppies are adorable. I’d worry I would get too attached.

Just reading what you wrote, this seems like a lot to take on. I don’t know how you do it, especially after your surgeries. You are a special woman!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’m really disappointed because yes, I’m getting attached to them and they think I’m their mamma. Whenever I drop them off to board (like this weekend), one shakes and the other grasps on to my arm and we literally have to pry her off.

They really need to get to their next step or their forever family ASAP.

I have one wireless fence collar (I really hate them but they work) and I’m likely going to get another collar and that way they can go outside when they want and I can manipulate their boundary so they can’t go in the woods and jump on or knock over my neighbor who had a stroke about a year ago.

I think once I can get them outside a lot, we will all be happier. They like outside and I bought them a dog pool.

DH’s retired nurse can’t go whenever I go but my friend who went diamond hunting with me in Arkansas can go and she is completely flexible since she just retired. (Hospice massage therapist and with covid, no one wants that service right now).

We want to do the trip anyway, whenever it happens and with dogs or not (like if the rescue road trips truck gets fixed in the meantime) and we both really like the air BNBs we picked to stay at— mostly farms in country areas and places that aren’t slick but homey and with character lol. One place has goats and chickens and rabbits plus dogs and cats, and the other place I had booked so far is a working farm with horses and a pool we can use and it’s next to a lake so they have walking trails and canoes etc.

They are getting spayed on the 9th and nothing can happen before then anyway, so the rescue director said let’s just wait a week and see if any of the foster homes has a dog or two who get adopted in this time and then there will be an opening. They also don’t put them on pet finder until they come out of spay surgery so that will be the afternoon of the 9th. If they get adopted, I’ll be more than happy to deliver.

I’m in limbo right now and that is frustrating. I had a little cry and had to turn off TV and electronics for a while and just numb out. Turn brain off. Settle in. Quiet myself.

I'm starting to feel a little better now. My son comes up tomorrow with my granddog (which is why I boarded the pups because I can’t have 5 dogs in my house if 4 are killing me). Dh is going to help me plant some plants much later on tonight.

oh, I have IG Yatcube and you can message me there. That is probably a better way to contact me. I find Hotmail to be confusing. Thanks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do transport for rescue. I found it was low key and easy to pick a dog up, drive an hour and hand off to the next person.

For this particular transport, it wound up hell.
I wound up with two different people dropping off puppies to my house and I ended up with three more dogs than expected. It was “oh, since you are going that way, can you take one more“ kind of thing. Ok, I have an suv sure. I was catfished with one lol who was much larger than the pic he sent me and then I didn’t know about these two black labs until they were 30 mins away. Miscommunications all around.

5 husky puppies.
685062F9-1EB1-4772-9400-6B2C99998499.jpeg

the two black labs and TUCKER, the catfished high energy super smart Jack Russell terrier mix,

A4A7C3FD-4D9E-4A5D-AF6A-22BBA51A9C19.png

DH was supposed to bring them to the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area three nights later and I took a look at all of them and thought absolutely in no way would he be able to handle it.

Next part in a minute.

They are so cute:kiss2:
have lots of fun:appl:
i gotta admit im a bit sad no jewelry going along for the ride :lol-2:
Surly you have some silver pieces somewnere who would like an adventure

Have fun and stay safe

i have a question
Ive seen this world twice today ?
What does catdished mean ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I’m really disappointed because yes, I’m getting attached to them and they think I’m their mamma. Whenever I drop them off to board (like this weekend), one shakes and the other grasps on to my arm and we literally have to pry her off.

They really need to get to their next step or their forever family ASAP.

I have one wireless fence collar (I really hate them but they work) and I’m likely going to get another collar and that way they can go outside when they want and I can manipulate their boundary so they can’t go in the woods and jump on or knock over my neighbor who had a stroke about a year ago.

I think once I can get them outside a lot, we will all be happier. They like outside and I bought them a dog pool.

DH’s retired nurse can’t go whenever I go but my friend who went diamond hunting with me in Arkansas can go and she is completely flexible since she just retired. (Hospice massage therapist and with covid, no one wants that service right now).

We want to do the trip anyway, whenever it happens and with dogs or not (like if the rescue road trips truck gets fixed in the meantime) and we both really like the air BNBs we picked to stay at— mostly farms in country areas and places that aren’t slick but homey and with character lol. One place has goats and chickens and rabbits plus dogs and cats, and the other place I had booked so far is a working farm with horses and a pool we can use and it’s next to a lake so they have walking trails and canoes etc.

They are getting spayed on the 9th and nothing can happen before then anyway, so the rescue director said let’s just wait a week and see if any of the foster homes has a dog or two who get adopted in this time and then there will be an opening. They also don’t put them on pet finder until they come out of spay surgery so that will be the afternoon of the 9th. If they get adopted, I’ll be more than happy to deliver.

I’m in limbo right now and that is frustrating. I had a little cry and had to turn off TV and electronics for a while and just numb out. Turn brain off. Settle in. Quiet myself.

I'm starting to feel a little better now. My son comes up tomorrow with my granddog (which is why I boarded the pups because I can’t have 5 dogs in my house if 4 are killing me). Dh is going to help me plant some plants much later on tonight.

oh, I have IG Yatcube and you can message me there. That is probably a better way to contact me. I find Hotmail to be confusing. Thanks.

Your so good having the pups for even a short time
i dont know how to not get way too attached
Fluffa Duffa the stray kitten never went to the SPCA like she was ment to, once she got friendly, she seems to have choosen us as her forever homs

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so cute:kiss2:
have lots of fun:appl:
i gotta admit im a bit sad no jewelry going along for the ride :lol-2:
Surly you have some silver pieces somewnere who would like an adventure

Have fun and stay safe

i have a question
Ive seen this world twice today ?
What does catdished mean ?

Catfished basically means to misrepresent yourself online. It can mean as little as you don’t look like your photo or it can mean as much as you pretended to be a woman when you are a man. Its usually used in context of online dating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results