shape
carat
color
clarity

I have ring muffin top...

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just like my jeans, I refuse to resize. I’ll lose weight someday...right?

Is there anything I can do in the meantime?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You could try wearing a band with it on either side of the shank perhaps?

I wore a 2mm Titanium band with my EC in its original solitaire setting to provide better finger coverage.

DK :))

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
You can try going easier on the sodium if you are having more than usual. Soak your hands in cold water too. But tbh I qm an actual comfortable size 7.5 currently from COVID snacking and even wearing a size 8.5 or 9 ring with tons and tons of extra space still makes me look like there's muffin top lmao. So I've given up. This is just what my shortie fingers look like I guess.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Covid snacking is the culprit. I’ve led into the holiday season on a river of donuts and coffee cakes. Truth be told, I’m not sure I can get my ring off.

I want a diamond band to complete my set. Would it be silly to order one now?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Covid snacking is the culprit. I’ve led into the holiday season on a river of donuts and coffee cakes. Truth be told, I’m not sure I can get my ring off.

Not silly! Though I might suggest ordering it in a larger size for your comfort. That's what I did lmao. I figure when I eventually do go back down in weight I can just put in sizing bumps in the future :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not silly! Though I might suggest ordering it in a larger size for your comfort. That's what I did lmao. I figure when I eventually do go back down in weight I can just put in sizing bumps in the future :)
Does it line up weird with your “skinnier” ring? Does it look wider?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do it!!!

Depending on your ring setting, you may need a spacer in between, which will help even further!

DK :Up_to_something:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it!!!

Depending on your ring setting, you may need a spacer in between, which will help even further!

DK :Up_to_something:

I wish I could take good photos. Whenever I try, they’re terrible.

I wear a 1.87 L OEC rose gold solitaire with an open band underneath to act as my spacer. Now I just need a diamond band.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could take good photos. Whenever I try, they’re terrible.

I wear a 1.87 L OEC rose gold solitaire with an open band underneath to act as my spacer. Now I just need a diamond band.

How about getting something from Berricle to try it out first without breaking the bank?

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I've gone down a full ring size by cutting out sugar and white carbs in lockdown (still have plenty of wholegrains carbs - Mediterranean style eating). I have lost weight but think I'm less bloated too hence the particular effect on ring size and waist. I am so used to it now I don't crave sugar and don't feel deprived. And have used this as an excuse to order a new ring. I recommend this ;-)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about getting something from Berricle to try it out first without breaking the bank?

This is a great idea!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've gone down a full ring size by cutting out sugar and white carbs in lockdown (still have plenty of wholegrains carbs - Mediterranean style eating). I have lost weight but think I'm less bloated too hence the particular effect on ring size and waist. I am so used to it now I don't crave sugar and don't feel deprived. And have used this as an excuse to order a new ring. I recommend this ;-)

This is my plan after the holidays. I’m fooling myself if I think i won’t be drinking Irish coffee and gorging on stuffing in a week. This year has been really difficult for me. Food is all I have at this point..

Listen to me.

I have amazon too

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
What do you mean by width? As in matching heights?In my case they all end up kind of being close in height because they only have half size difference and one of them is a knife edge. I think that knife edge saves me lmao.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a hand shot of my mum's Ruby ring with a thin band on my fleshy chubby finger and hand, and there is no diet on this earth that can make my fingers look slender.

They may go down in size when I lose weight, however, the fleshiness and chubbiness will never disappear.

So I have rings with wider bands made instead, or styles that provide good finger coverage so as to lessen the effect of muffin tops.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean by width? As in matching heights?In my case they all end up kind of being close in height because they only have half size difference and one of them is a knife edge. I think that knife edge saves me lmao.

Well no. Let me see if I can explain this because I kind of have this problem with the two rings I’m wearing. My solitaire is tighter than my open band. There is a slight difference in how they look when you look at them straight on and they are stacked on top of one another. My open band sticks out more from my finger because it is less tight.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just have short pudgy fingers with knuckles the same width so there's no real fix for me. And they swell in the heat. A full size. If I wear a size that gets rid of it completely my rings fly off. I'm having that problem with my band (6.5) now that it's getting colder, so I got my little ouroboros spacer at the same time in a 6 to keep it on. It works. I have to be content with mini muffins. The only thing I can do is size rings up 1/2 to one full size.
I would get your ring, if it spins too much I second the speed bumps. They do help.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Well no. Let me see if I can explain this because I kind of have this problem with the two rings I’m wearing. My solitaire is tighter than my open band. There is a slight difference in how they look when you look at them straight on and they are stacked on top of one another. My open band sticks out more from my finger because it is less tight.

Hmm I'm not entirely sure then :( I would probably just not worry about it and wear the new one anyway even if it didn't look "matched."

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Girl, same :lol:

Luckily all my rings still fit, but my fingers have definitely become more meaty/fleshy over the last eight months. Ugh. No advice to share, just wanted to commiserate.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings fit perfectly but there is like a band of pudge on my finger so I always have muffin top. I’ve given up, now I just try to find creative ways of posing my hands in ring shots so they don’t look so pudge pudge.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings fit perfectly but there is like a band of pudge on my finger so I always have muffin top. I’ve given up, now I just try to find creative ways of posing my hands in ring shots so they don’t look so pudge pudge.

I’ve tried your suggestion of posing. I have to bend my finger and pull it down to get rid of the pudge. Basically, my finger looks like it’s been in a horrible accident.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do you live in the southern hemisphere? ;)2
Its practically summer here already

Half my rings get tight in the summer and half fit perfectly again

Could you move this problematic ring to another finger? Or even the other hand ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well done:appl:
you are an inspiration :appl:
We have decently cut out sugar and trying to cut out white flour
He'll eat brown rice (moaning about it) but won't eat wholemeal pasta

Durring lockdown i couldn't buy white flour so i learnt how to use wholemeal flour successfully

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol at food and Amazon. Welcome to my world.

I did try giving up all bread but that was never going to happen.

Ooo! I got this garlic, cheese sourdough bread yesterday. I toast it and it’s TDF! There’s also bread on apple pie in the form of crust. I figured that out today. Yeah, this is getting out of hand.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you live in the southern hemisphere? ;)2
Its practically summer here already

Half my rings get tight in the summer and half fit perfectly again

Could you move this problematic ring to another finger? Or even the other hand ?

No, I’m in California. I can’t move the ring. It falls off of my pinky and my right hand is even bigger. I envy the fact that you’re heading into summer. It’s my favorite

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

Haha I won't lie. This is why I use my favourite ring boxes or my stupid DIY marble stand usually when I take pictures I try not to do hand shots at all unless I really gotta for the stack threads xD

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I won't lie. This is why I use my favourite ring boxes or my stupid DIY marble stand usually when I take pictures I try not to do hand shots at all unless I really gotta for the stack threads xD

This is a great idea. My hands look 80 years old and I’m 46

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results