shape
carat
color
clarity

I have no idea about the WF pics and sarin...... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Here is the info on the marquise I had White Flash bring in. I have nooooooooooooooooooo idea what any of this means but the stone looks a little funny to me. HELP P.S. Lesley hasn't personally seen the stone but will view it today and give me feedback.

IS_GIA14839669.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
diamond

DI40X_GIA14839669.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
sarin

SARIN_GIA14839669.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo, I would wait and see what Lesley says as she will be able to view the diamond in person. It's hard to tell from these pics, especially it being a fancy shape - it's a tough call IMO from the pics, but let's hope it's gorgeous
30.gif
especially at that size
3.gif
What is the colour and clarity?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo, thank you... It is a J/VS1

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very white in the pic to me and a VS - can''t wait to hear Lesley''s verdict!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOo, I thought it looked really white too :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look very white , especially for a Marquise! I think it is well worth investigating further, especially if Lesley gives it the thumbs up, then see what you think when you actually get it. Jazmine is a fan of Marquise shapes and has a superb one, she might be able to give you some tips too, but it will be interesting to see how it looks in person if it''s a go, and if you take some pics for us
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s the way the stone is photographed, but me no likey.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 11:29:04 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Maybe it''s the way the stone is photographed, but me no likey.
It''s a tough one, hopefully it is the photo and it might be lovely, still if not the search continues
1.gif
Mine didn''t look all that exciting in a picture but in reality....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely think more pictures are in order - just going off these I would pass but with fancy shapes you can always find an unflattering picture at a certain angle or lighting. I would need to see pictures where it looked better than this for me to pull the trigger though. Let us know what Lesley says when she see it Woo!

ETA: I wanted to expand on why I would pass at this moment - those big white panes in the IS image at 3 and 9 o clock as the stone looks in the pic are huge areas of leakage - perhaps that is a function of how the stone is resting but they correspond to more lifeless areas in the second image. Again, could be a function of how the stone is positioned, which is why I'd want to see more pics, but it's a flag to me.
1.gif
I wish Jazmine had a picture of her stone's IS image - I'd love to see that just for comparison.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I have requested more photos and I talk to Lesley at 12 CT........WOOO

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let us know how it goes!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 11:36:24 AM
Author: FireGoddess
I definitely think more pictures are in order - just going off these I would pass but with fancy shapes you can always find an unflattering picture at a certain angle or lighting. I would need to see pictures where it looked better than this for me to pull the trigger though. Let us know what Lesley says when she see it Woo!

ETA: I wanted to expand on why I would pass at this moment - those big white panes in the IS image at 3 and 9 o clock as the stone looks in the pic are huge areas of leakage - perhaps that is a function of how the stone is resting but they correspond to more lifeless areas in the second image. Again, could be a function of how the stone is positioned, which is why I''d want to see more pics, but it''s a flag to me.
1.gif
I wish Jazmine had a picture of her stone''s IS image - I''d love to see that just for comparison.
I totally agree with FG. But that is just what I can see from the pics you provided. Maybe it was just a bad angle.

Please let us know what Lesley says at 12!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 11:49:18 AM
Author: woobug02
I have requested more photos and I talk to Lesley at 12 CT........WOOO
Wait, you''re talking to Lesley at TWELVE CARATS?? oops, I just realized that might be central time. I''m so singleminded.
20.gif
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also am not familiar with marquis at all but the IS image looks a bit leaky to me even for a fancy and what is that big weird dead spot over on the left front side of the diamond as it lays down? The big clear spot...hmmm. It could just be the photo angle, but also the marquis image itself doesn't look sparkly at all? Maybe it's just me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I think there is a big dead spot in that stone. Could just be the pic, but I doubt it.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like a dead spot too??? I am calling right now to see if I can get some more photos :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOo, here is what Lesely said: She hasn''t seen it but Leo said it is a BIG HONKER. Very clean but not alot of sparkle... She said she can send it out..... She is going to try and get more photos but doesn''t know.... She said Leao said it was a nice stone but is shallow so not all of the brilliance. You all know know what I have. The size would be PERFECT and EYE CLEAN would be great but not alot of brilliance??? Here is mine I would be replacing:

72S.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only you can decide what's best for you but my opinion is to pass. I'm all for a big honkin stone too but if it doesn't sparkle that much, what's the point? Think big piece of glass. I'm sure it sparkles more than that but not nearly as much as it should, or probably not nearly as much as the stone you have already does. I'm an impatient girl, but I'd keep on with the search. I know the inclusion in the stone you have is driving you nuts, but I promise you, once the excitement of a new stone wears off, the lack of sparkle in this one would bother you too. Let us know if you decide you want to see it in person anyway.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case if Lesley has said it lacks brilliance you might be disappointed and could forever regret it every time you look at your finger. We all know how crucial performance is and as FG says without that whats the point? With mine I am so delighted I took a chance even though it was unexciting in the picture, it is such a fabulous diamond, but it doesn't always work that way especially in a fancy. You will find the right one. I am not you, but if the vendor evaluated the diamond and said it lacked brilliance I would pass for sure.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, a stone that is large but doesn''t sparkle does not sound AT ALL exciting to me. Not a great way to spend your money. I wouldn''t have them send it out at all, keep looking. By the way it''s Leon not Leo.
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to post a pic of my diamond for comparison. Judging soley from the IS, I think it looks like there is more light leakage than you may want. It looks like an average diamond, but I don't think it will be overly sparkly and brilliant. I think the shallowness is to blame
38.gif

sarinut.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
another

mememem.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Jazmine your diamond looks fabulous, and is great for a basis of comparison!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think I''d keep looking. Big is great, but if it doesn''t sparkle much, what''s the point? You have a lovely set as it is, so unless it is a big improvement over what you have, you''d just be spending more money when you could hold on to it until you find something that knocks your socks off.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 1:10:42 PM
Author: lumpkin
I think I''d keep looking. Big is great, but if it doesn''t sparkle much, what''s the point? You have a lovely set as it is, so unless it is a big improvement over what you have, you''d just be spending more money when you could hold on to it until you find something that knocks your socks off.
Ditto
2.gif
jazmine I love your marquise.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOO

This is why I love this site....keeps me on track. The diamond I currently have has a great cut even the inclusions are visable to me. However, it does sparkle and get lots of comments. I think you are all right. I should keep looking. I love Jasmine''s diamond....BEAUTIFUL!!!!! How many stones did you look at before deciding???

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Actually, I got lucky. This was the first one.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics Jazmine, that is exactly why I wanted to see your IS image - what a difference in the stones!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results