shape
carat
color
clarity

I have news!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I hope you are starting to feel a little better, now that you are further along. Yippee

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So exciting! I''d definitely want to know the sex if it were me.
1.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone has been so kind! Thank you for all the well wishes!

Demelza - congrats! Everyone says the nausea gets better after 12 wks, but it''s only in the past wk or so that I started feeling better. I still get nausea though, just not 10 times a day
2.gif
. The first 12 wks was really hard for me, I was exhausted, and couldn''t get through the day without having a nap. It''s good to know that you''ve had some gd patches lately - hang in there! Hmm for me, the wks seem to go by more quickly - but that''s probably because I spend so much of it napping
9.gif

Dancing Fire - Ohh there''ll be no chance of that - the ultrasound only showed one baby
2.gif

DeannaBana - Yes I felt Button moved 2 wks ago, but it wasn''t till last wk that I knew for sure it was the baby moving! It was such an awesome feeling. Hubby has been trying to catch Button unaware - he has his hands on my belly all the time, hoping to feel the baby move, but no luck so far. I love your idea of writing the baby a letter!! I''ll be sure to get started on that soon! Thanks!

ecf8503 - congratulations to u too! Your daughter sounds like a lil'' cutie
1.gif
! I have a cute ultrasound of my baby lying on its back, one hand behind its neck, the other waving and crossed legs which I''ve put in a photoframe for now!

Matatora - thanks! I actually bought heaps of other stuff but am too embarrassed to post it all. My brother-in-law looked at me and said - ''You bought Button a TIFFANY rattle?'' and rolled his eyes. Then he saw the orange boxes next to the blue boxes and nearly died. Hey, it''s my first child - I''m allowed to spoil Button!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 9:40:40 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Everyone has been so kind! Thank you for all the well wishes!

Demelza - congrats! Everyone says the nausea gets better after 12 wks, but it''s only in the past wk or so that I started feeling better. I still get nausea though, just not 10 times a day
2.gif
. The first 12 wks was really hard for me, I was exhausted, and couldn''t get through the day without having a nap. It''s good to know that you''ve had some gd patches lately - hang in there! Hmm for me, the wks seem to go by more quickly - but that''s probably because I spend so much of it napping
9.gif

I guess it seems like the weeks are going by slowly because I''ve been so sick and, unfortunately, not sleeping very well. That''s great you''re able to nap a lot. My body feels sort of weird and jittery, so it''s been hard to sleep very deeply. Another reason the weeks are slowly inching by is because I''m very much wanting to get out of the first trimester for all the reasons you mention and because the risk of miscarriage decreases so dramatically in the second trimester.

Quick question for you or anyone else who''s been preggers: at what point did you start showing? Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? I can still fit into my regular jeans, but my body just feels different somehow.

Anyway, can''t wait to hear what you''re having!!! Hope you continue to feel much better every day!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel - when I was throwing up 10 times a day, I wasn''t a happy chappy! It sucks that you''re not sleeping well. Is it because of the nausea? I found it utterly strange that I would be sleeping one minute, and the next I have to jump straight out of bed and straight to the loo because of the nausea. However, because of how exhausted I felt, I fall asleep again pretty quickly.

Everytime I had to have a spew, I reminded myself of what my doctor said about persistent morning/all day sickness. It means you have a very strong baby!

Hmm I just started wearing maternity pants last wk. My belly is showing a little now, but that''s probably because it''s just so liberating to let my gut hang out, esp after a big meal
3.gif
No more sucking in the tummy!
31.gif
I started wearing maternity bras earlier, because the doctor advised me to, as normal bras usually have an underwire which restricts the formation of milk ducts or something.

You''ll find that you might feel more comfortable in looser jeans/pants. GAP Maternity has some great capri jeans/pants!

Are u hoping for a boy or girl? I thought I wanted a boy, then realized all the names I''ve shortlisted are girls names! I hope u feel better soon too!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 10:21:39 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
I know how you feel - when I was throwing up 10 times a day, I wasn't a happy chappy! It sucks that you're not sleeping well. Is it because of the nausea? I found it utterly strange that I would be sleeping one minute, and the next I have to jump straight out of bed and straight to the loo because of the nausea. However, because of how exhausted I felt, I fall asleep again pretty quickly.

Everytime I had to have a spew, I reminded myself of what my doctor said about persistent morning/all day sickness. It means you have a very strong baby!

Hmm I just started wearing maternity pants last wk. My belly is showing a little now, but that's probably because it's just so liberating to let my gut hang out, esp after a big meal
3.gif
No more sucking in the tummy!
31.gif
I started wearing maternity bras earlier, because the doctor advised me to, as normal bras usually have an underwire which restricts the formation of milk ducts or something.

You'll find that you might feel more comfortable in looser jeans/pants. GAP Maternity has some great capri jeans/pants!

Are u hoping for a boy or girl? I thought I wanted a boy, then realized all the names I've shortlisted are girls names! I hope u feel better soon too!!

Oh dear! Throwing up 10 times a day!! That's just awful. My worst was 4 times and I thought I would die. Yes, I try to take solace in the fact that they say it's a good sign if you're sick. Do/did you find that eating often was helpful? That seems to be the trick for me -- it's when my stomach gets empty that bad things happen. I try to eat every couple of hours which is why I'm amazed my jeans still fit. I feel like I do nothing but eat carbs. I'm terrified to get weighed at the dr's office on Tuesday. Someone else recommended Gap matenity -- I'll have to check it out. I do find that stretchy material feels best. These days, though, when I'm at home, I'm usually in pajama bottoms anyway since they're the most comfy by far. I know what you mean about letting your gut hang out too. Everytime I think, eww, my tummy really looks bloated, I just think, for once in my life, it's supposed to!

Hmmm, as for whether I want a girl or boy -- I just don't know. At first I thought I wanted a boy because of how complicated the mother/daughter relationship can be (not that it's not complicated with any child), but now I'm starting to think maybe I want a girl. I don't think I really care too much either way which is good. Does your husband have a preference?

Just out of curiosity, how many ultrasounds have had thus far? I had one at 7 weeks but that was only because we were unsure of dates. Typically, I wouldn't have even had one yet. The first one is done routinely at 18 weeks. Just curious if that's how they do things in Australia (I think that's where you are??).

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I find that small frequent meals helped a lot. I keep a supply of vitawheat crackers in my bag, plus muesli bars and macadamia/hazelnuts/cashews. When I was feeling a lot sicker, I had sliced lemons in a little plastic container in my bag too - I find that sucking on the lemon slices helped too. Twinings lemon and ginger tea is my savior - I add sliced ginger to the tea to make it stronger and it really helped with the nausea. The strange thing is, even after throwing up, I had no problems eating afterwards.

I eat a lot of fruit too - mandarins, mangoes (tho not so much now they are out of season), green apples, honeydew, rockmelom etc etc.

Haha I am usually in pyjamas the moment I get home. Took my mother-in-law awhile to get used to it when she comes and stay with us occasionally. She'll go 'are u going to bed so early?' Now she buys me PJs all the time cos that's what I wear at home
9.gif

My best friend bought me a t-shirt that said "I'm not fat - I'm pregnant!"
2.gif

I thought I wanted a boy because I grew up in a family of girls and always wished for an elder brother, so I thought a boy first would be better as he can be the big brother and take care of (future) little sisters! Girls are more fun to dress though
3.gif
Hubby doesn't have a preference, he said either way, he will do 'boys stuff' with our child!!

I've had 2 ultrasounds - one at 10wks to confirm dates, one at 12 wks for a screening test (i think for down's syndrome and spina bifuda??) and I have one booked for 19 wks to determine the sex of the baby and also to check that everything is developing as it should. Over here in Australia, u are given the choice of whether u want to have screening tests (down's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc) and if you do, the tests are usually carried out in between 11-14wks. That's what my 2nd ultrasound was for. I also have to get more tests because I have thalasaemia minor, and also because I need monthly injections for my liver which I can't have now that I am pregnant.

I'm doing well so far, and am keeping my fingers crossed it'll stay this way!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That is wonderful!

I have been married 3 yrs. this July, and we got pregnant with son #1, 2 months after we got married, much to our shock. So, then we had it all figured out. But, 6 months after HE was born, I got pregnant again with son #2, while using 2 Birth control methods, and Breast feeding!! I was 4 months along when I went to the doctor to discuss some pain around my c-section scar, and to refill my birth control perscription, when he informed me that he thought I was pregnant..... yeah, HUGEEEEE shock!!! Anyway, had an ultrasound and found out I was 16 weeks!!! I hadn''t been sick, or gained weight or anything...it was so different the 2nd time!
So we have had 2 wonderful surprises in under 3 yrs...It is bvery busy...

Anyway, I say this bc pregnancy snuck up on me twice and it is so hard to believe that i have had 2 babies in my belly already (all though if you look at me, you might still think there is one there...hahah) ENJOY all of these special moments, wondering if little button will have your eyes, or nose, or skin tone...etc.... it truly is the most amazing thing in the world, having a baby grow inside of you!!!

I hope you find out it is a girl, so I can live vicariously through you since I am surrounded by trucks and no pink, or dresses, or dollies.....boo hoo..

who knows, maybe #3!!

I hope you will begin to feel better soon!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, jadeleaves and other mums-to-be!

My third turned one on friday, and I cried as I sang her happy birthday. I''m at the bookend of you....sad because baby days are over, but so thrilled to be setting out into the brave new world with my 7, 4 and 1 year old...

And to combat the labor horror stories everyone tells pregnant ladies, I like to tell people that my labors were four hours each for number one and two, and TWENTY ONE MINUTES for #3 (yep, she was born in our living room)! So keep that in mind when everyone tells you that "all" first time moms have long labors.

Can''t wait to keep up with your pregnancies!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, JadeLeaves. I had no idea there are so many pregnant PS Mamas. I also have a bun cooking in the oven. 10 weeks right now. I just lost one earlier this year on Feb. 11 at 12 weeks so I hope this one goes well. I am still puking but it has subsided from 7 times a day to once or twice. I have no energy to work, and barely get anything done all day (at work and at home).

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats all you parents to be!
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 1:35:18 PM
Author: Chrono
Congratulations, JadeLeaves. I had no idea there are so many pregnant PS Mamas. I also have a bun cooking in the oven. 10 weeks right now. I just lost one earlier this year on Feb. 11 at 12 weeks so I hope this one goes well. I am still puking but it has subsided from 7 times a day to once or twice. I have no energy to work, and barely get anything done all day (at work and at home).

Congrats, Chrono!!! It''s so great to hear there are so many pregnant PSers! Sounds like most of us are in the first and early part of the second trimesters. Hang in there with the nausea. We just have to trust it gets better, I guess!

Sophie -- Your story is amazing! I can''t imagine suddenly finding out that I''m 16 weeks pregnant! Sounds kind of nice, though, to skip all the icky first trimester stuff. How great you didn''t feel anything! Must have been one hell of a shock!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza,
Yes it was a huge shock! At least it made for a shorter pregnancy!! haha.... he really has been an absolute angel.

I hope all of you who are having morning sickness will feel better soon!
emteeth.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Kaleigh is right, monrning sickness is a misnomer. I had it all three times,all day long it seemed... but worse with my third. Crackers and falt ginger ale are good, and so is sucking on a hard candy. The middle trimester is usually the best one in terms of feeling great and having energy etc.

I found out all three times...dh and I would argue about names...I thought, why argue about one sex of names if it is not that sex? What I loved was knowing this was my Daniel in my belly (or my Adam or my Jordan) and he became even more real to me sooner! I also liked, honestly, getting the room ready and preselecting birth announcements, since I like to be organized and once Button comes your life will be wonderfully hectic and you will long for the days of leisure tee hee...but, that is just mho and I am someone who is not needing the "surprise" of what sex the baby is...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie - what wonderful surprises! I''m so envious that you haven''t had morning sickness! I hope I have a little girl now too, but the doctor said at the last ultrasound that it''s 80% going to be a boy!

Wallermama - ohh 4 hours is alright but 21 minutes!! Did u have any techniques to share
2.gif

Chrono - Sorry to hear about the baby u lost
8.gif
Congratulations on the new bub, and please take it easy and rest heaps!

Thanks codex57 & diamondfan!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so exciting! Congratulations - it''s such a wonderful blessing!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a boy!!!!

The doctor said there is no mistake about it - she said she''ll have to change profession if she''s wrong ''cos it was really, really obvious on the ultrasound
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Look what grandma got Button! Everybody is spoiling button already, and he''s not even born yet
4.gif

Button Gifts 018.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :) !!

The nausea gets better about a third of the way through and then the last month is kind of rough.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol jade leaves, you surely do live a charmed life girlfriend!!!

LV baby bag, hermes gifts for button, new 3c asscher for when the baby is born. hopefully that makes all the nausea worth it. who knew that hermes made baby gifts?!?!

now that we know button is a boy, just make sure he likes to buy BAUBLES for his future wife. that's the best gift you can give him (and her).
11.gif
31.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS!!! How wonderful and exciting!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Jadeleaves on both expecting and leaving the (sickness plagued) first trimester.
I am another one of those pricescopers expecting! Yes, there is no way I could wait 9 months to find out the gender of the child, and they are pretty good at determining the sex at this day and age.
And we are having a little girl! My hubby was wishing for a boy because as he said, he would keep in shape more (thinking of basketball, etc sports with a boy), but to tell you the truth I am a little relieved because my hubby was a complete hellion when he was little. Plus Penelope is super excited to have a little sister, and they can share a room. Also, although I am a book worm I told him it doesn''t mean the girls can''t turn out to be jocks, right?

Gem collector, you need to talk to my husband
11.gif
. Heck, I wouldn''t even expect as significant of gems that you have given!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
JadeLeaves,
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Wish you all the best and please keep us posting!
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 2:20:46 PM
Author: Mara
lol jade leaves, you surely do live a charmed life girlfriend!!!

LV baby bag, hermes gifts for button, new 3c asscher for when the baby is born. hopefully that makes all the nausea worth it. who knew that hermes made baby gifts?!?!

now that we know button is a boy, just make sure he likes to buy BAUBLES for his future wife. that''s the best gift you can give him (and her).
11.gif
31.gif

Hey that 3ct asscher is not a done thing yet
2.gif
- I am trying to be good! Button will be taught to appreciate shiny bits of carbon from a very young age I''m sure
31.gif
. Hermes has the most beautiful baby blanket and outfits too
9.gif

Part Gypsy said "My hubby was wishing for a boy because as he said, he would keep in shape more (thinking of basketball, etc sports with a boy), but to tell you the truth I am a little relieved because my hubby was a complete hellion when he was little."

Lol abt the hellion bit, because that''s my hubby as a kid to a tee!

My nausea has subsided to once a wk now, so I''m really, really relieved!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Jade!!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful!!! Congrats!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on expecting a boy!!!
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, congrats!!!! I''m thrilled for you. How do you feel??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!

That''s lovely news!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results