shape
carat
color
clarity

I have found this stone for my platinum engagement ring... Is this the one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
I have found this stone for my platinum engagement ring (part rub-over style) after 100s of hours of research. I am wondering if there is any way I can predict how fiery/brilliant it is going to be from the table and depth %s. This 0.46ct stone costs $1900 and has medium blue fluorescence. I am personally looking for fluorescence in a colorless stone, too. Will you give me some advice before I make the final decision? Is this the buy?

Here is the specs: Round Brilliant cut / 0.46 ct / color-D / Clarity-VVS1 / Meas. 4.94 x 4.96 x 3.07 mm / Depth 62% / Table 56% / Gdl M / Culet N / Polish and Sym. - both Ideal / Fluorescence medium blue

I am just hoping that this stone is the "blue-white"stone... Thanks for your help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That is quite a title Snufkin! I shortened it a little. Hope you don't mind :)

There is very good chance it is a nice looking stone if the girdle is medium. Is it?

However, we'd be more certain if we'd know crown and pavilion angles.

Do you prefer highest color and clarity over size? Why not to drop clarity to VS2 (still eye clean) and get bigger diamond? Just curious :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock

This is one of the possible combinations of crown and pavilion angles that will fit into your numbers. Not bad.[/u]

snufkin1.gif

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
Leonid, you are so cool!!! But unfortunately, when I called the vendor, they told me that it's been sold out... I am really sick of being told "No, it's out of stock." after finding a perfect stone. It happened to me 3 times this morning...:(sad I've just found another stone similar to this one and now I am inquiring. When they write me back with the complete proportions, I will post it here again. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results