_12479.jpg

_12480.jpg

_12481.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely! Enjoy!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, opals and pearls together are awesome! They're both so shimmery. I can't wait for you to receive them and post some neck shots.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Enjoy!
I have a bracelet I made with white FWP and welo opal rounds. I love to wear it on a sunny day.
The opals look bluer over a dark cuff or sweater, I've found.

Lovely pearls!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
What a nice pastel color combo. Glowing pearls with glowing opals :)) So do you get to wear them when they arrive, or do you have to wait for Christmas?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek; thank :wavey:

Sortmom; I haven't ever seen opal in real live, so I'm very exited. I'll post photos when they're here in Finland.

Priwinklegirl; thanks for the tip. I must go shopping some new shirts, I think. I don't have blue ones. Have You any shots of Your opal bracelet? :wavey:

Mynattk; they looks so delicious I could eat them :lol:. I'm not sure about waiting til Christmas. If I were a extra good girl, maybe Santa leaves them earlier (and not so romantic; if shipping from Australia to Finland goes without issues) :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1386507240|3570007 said:
LitGeek; thank :wavey:

Sortmom; I haven't ever seen opal in real live, so I'm very exited. I'll post photos when they're here in Finland.

Priwinklegirl; thanks for the tip. I must go shopping some new shirts, I think. I don't have blue ones. Have You any shots of Your opal bracelet? :wavey:

Mynattk; they looks so delicious I could eat them :lol:. I'm not sure about waiting til Christmas. If I were a extra good girl, maybe Santa leaves them earlier (and not so romantic; if shipping from Australia to Finland goes without issues) :wavey:

Hi Confection,
Black turtlenecks will work with it as well. I found a pic, from before I made it two strand. These are only 5mm pearls, so my wrist looks giant!
Here it is.
I'll try to get another shot for you.

_12521.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
OK Confection,
I took a few more shots for you.

On my wrist

_12524.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
On my wrist in the sun.

_12525.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And here it is on a black velvet jewelry box!

opal_pearl_bracelet.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh periwinklegirl, they are so dainty and sweet. I hope my opals are as colorful as Your. From where You purchase Your opals and pearls? I just looking video of knotting pearls and I wonder if I try by myself too.

I have black cloths a lot, so money I save not to buy new cloths I could spend to new pearls :lol:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
You should definitely try it yourself. I mostly buy my loose pearls from a website called Etsy - I like Patricia Saab Designs (who is Pattye here on PS and she sells lovely pearls!), The Merry Bead, and rocksamillion. I sometimes buy from Ebay (mostly Chinese fwp). And I even occasionally get pearls to string from Pearl Paradise if they have a sale.

The welo opals were from ebay, but there is also a site called Mineral Miners.

The 5mm pearls were from a local clearance store. I cut up a rope and made two bracelets from it. I got the needles and clasps from the local craft supply store, but you can it all online too.

Good luck! And if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls and opals - amazing! There are so many clever and artistic women on this board - that's what makes it so much fun!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My pearl dreams honor belongs to Catharine Cardellini, but as I said I couldn't resist opals whisper... :love: :lol: :love:. Periwinklegirl's cute bracelets honor belongs to her :appl:. Thanks, thanks! They have shipped today. Maybe next week...

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1386570814|3570339 said:
Many thanks!! Do You know anything about this seller

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?kw=seller%3Alilei1971&epp=24&pgn=1

As a newbie I don't know are these as good as they looks and is pricing correct. And definately I needed help with other materials I need. Which thread You suggested?

Hi Confection,
Unfortunately I don't know that seller (and I didn't see any pearls listed).

I've had good experiences with this seller, for nice quality but cheap fresh water pearls. I haven't ventured into their akoyas though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/fufa66/m.html?ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Store name is lei family jewelry-2. There is a lot of strands with different grades, not akoyas though. And some looks very nice.

Thanks for Your link. That link has a lot akoyas and some quite cheap; how's that possible :o ?? Do You have any?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi confection,
My experience with fufa is that unless the price is over $100, they are just fresh water pearls, not akoyas. Often on ebay you get what you pay for. Although the prices are significantly lower than retail.

For high quality akoyas I mostly stick to Peal Paradise. And only use ebay or Etsy if I'm looking for baroque ones to make into something.

It's also always a good idea to check the return policy before you buy.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Periwinkle, You are treasure. Maybe I'll stick to FW's and later, if and when I want upgrade my pearl hobby I'll move akoyas. So I won't disappoint. At least not much, I think :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1386619952|3570777 said:
Periwinkle, You are treasure. Maybe I'll stick to FW's and later, if and when I want upgrade my pearl hobby I'll move akoyas. So I won't disappoint. At least not much, I think :wavey:

Happy to help anytime!
I've spent a lot of time looking for good sources of pearls and supplies.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Is your new strand from Catherine? it looks lovely, please post photos when it arrives. Her combinations are beautiful!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Alice87; yes, they are from Catherine C. If we are talking of customer service, she is the sweetest person, I have met. She always patiently answer many questions and never puh anything. And she has wonderful eye when putting pearls together. I'm so glad I found he. Thanks PS's :wavey:

Definately there is coming tens of photos when they arrive.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Here's more these delicious photo from Catherine

_12567.jpg

_12568.jpg

_12569.jpg

_12570.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
These photos have something quite dainty and cute mixed in.. :love: :lickout: :love:

_12571.jpg

_12572.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Herse's earrings Catherine made to match my set. I like them a lot :love:. Pearls are about 10mm metallic whites.

_12613.jpg

_12614.jpg

_12615.jpg

_12616.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Confection, how big are the rounds in your Christmas set? 9-10mm?

And I love the something dainty! Is Santa bringing you that as well?

Lovely pearls!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are just stunning!! Love the metallics! And the pinks with keshi.

I bet you can't wait to see them!

Enjoy!

PS. Here's my CC set:

purple_rice__amp___metallic_purple_baroque_freshwater_pearl_necklace__earrings_and_bracelet_0.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This waiting is torture :roll: and same time so exciting too :lol:. Next week waiting is over, I hope.

Do You have any photos when wearing them? I'd love to see. Marvelous colors :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results