shape
carat
color
clarity

I have an OMC that drives me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
It keeps chancing color in every different light. Sometimes lemon yellow, sometimes yellow-green, sometimes glittery ivory, and in low light condition is has rainbow coming out of it left and right.

I don''t know that to think about it.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
My question is, since I don''t know the grading of its color and would like to grade it myself, what light condition should I use to assess it against benchmark?

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean zhuzhu. My K/L RB did the exact same thing (yellow, green, ivory, rainbows, etc), and it ABSOLUTELY DROVE ME CRAZY. It's like it had too much personality for me, which I never thought would be a bad thing. I thought I would learn to love it. I wanted to love it, and did about 60% of the time. But in the end, that wasn't enough for me. I ended up selling mine because I wanted a diamond that looked more like a conventional diamond the majority of the time.

So it sounds like you're not sure where you stand on the constant color change, yet. Are you thinking you might want something different? What color is your OMC? In general, I think intense color change is unique and beautiful, but it's important to know exactly what you want from your diamond. I still think my K/L was gorgeous, but it just wasn't for me.

ETA: Whoops! Missed your question post - not sure what lighting to use - but glad to know you're pleased with the color change effect!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 2:28:09 PM
Author: Snicklefritz
I know what you mean zhuzhu. My K/L RB did the exact same thing (yellow, green, ivory, rainbows, etc), and it ABSOLUTELY DROVE ME CRAZY. It''s like it had too much personality for me, which I never thought would be a bad thing. I thought I would learn to love it. I wanted to love it, and did about 60% of the time. But in the end, that wasn''t enough for me. I ended up selling mine because I wanted a diamond that looked more like a conventional diamond the majority of the time.

So it sounds like you''re not sure where you stand on the constant color change, yet. Are you thinking you might want something different? What color is your OMC? In general, I think intense color change is unique and beautiful, but it''s important to know exactly what you want from your diamond. I still think my K/L was gorgeous, but it just wasn''t for me.

ETA: Whoops! Missed your question post - not sure what lighting to use - but glad to know you''re pleased with the color change effect!

I am glad I am not crazy to not be sure what to think about it!
26.gif

I am not certain I love it because I have never had this strange of a diamond before, I also have no idea what color it really is. This is why I would like to have it graded myself and see if my "feelings" stabilize. (Now I am sounding crazy, aren''t I?)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My K did that too, and I also did not care for it. I think you can assume it is lower than a K/L from the sounds of it. But I don''t think you can grade the color mounted for sure, no matter the lighting, so perhaps it is a moot point?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean zhuzhu. My K/L RB did the exact same thing (yellow, green, ivory, rainbows, etc), and it ABSOLUTELY DROVE ME CRAZY. It''s like it had too much personality for me, which I never thought would be a bad thing. I thought I would learn to love it. I wanted to love it, and did about 60% of the time. But in the end, that wasn''t enough for me. I ended up selling mine because I wanted a diamond that looked more like a conventional diamond the majority of the time.

So it sounds like you''re not sure where you stand on the constant color change, yet. Are you thinking you might want something different? What color is your OMC? In general, I think intense color change is unique and beautiful, but it''s important to know exactly what you want from your diamond. I still think my K/L was gorgeous, but it just wasn''t for me.

ETA: Whoops! Missed your question post - not sure what lighting to use - but glad to know you''re pleased with the color change effect!
I did not know you sold your diamond! Did you replace it with something else?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snicklefritz, you sold your diamond???
32.gif
Come on now...you had promised to start a thread on your thoughts about replacing it
27.gif
You took me by surprise now
32.gif
Ugghhh...who got that beautiful stone???
39.gif
What happened to your ER that i loved so much? Did you get a new stone already?
Sorry for threadjacking...
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results