shape
carat
color
clarity

I have an interview!!! Job dust please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending bucketloads more!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 6:53:45 AM
Author: bee*
sending bucketloads more!
And here is a sparkly house full of dust for you Rob!!
gingerbread%20house.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man good luck to you. I know how hard it can be to look for a job. I can''t wait to hear how it goes!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The interview went really well! It started at 7:30am and I didn''t leave until almost 10. Granted there were some times that I wasn''t actually interviewing, but I think that both the HR rep and my possible future boss really liked me and I found out that the salary range would give me anywhere from a $14-34k raise! Woohoo!

I know that they''ve interviewed 3 other people for the position so far and that there will be one more step in the interview process. Possible future boss (PFB from here on) said that ideally he''d like to have a finally hiring decision made by the end of the month, but realistically it may be more like the middle of March. They''d want someone to start ASAP, so counting in a 2 weeks notice, I could possibly be getting an awesome new job accompanied by a move to Pittsburgh and buying my first home all in time for my 25th birthday on March 29th!

PFB was super busy (apparently there was some crisis with a deal they''re working on) and we kept getting interrupted by his cell phone. He was very apologetic about it though. The phone calls plus my interview with the HR rep going over caused my interview with PFB to go over (he had something else scheduled for 9). Instead of just ending our interview with a "thank you for coming in" though, he told me a little story about how his college-aged daughter has her mind set on moving to NYC because he saw on my resume that I worked there for a short time. I think that shows he liked me, right?

The job is a bit more technical than my background (it''s marketing, but in a technical field), so when I asked if he was concerned about my lack of technical experience he said that it''s a weakness, but it in no way was causing him to take me out of the running for the position. He also then asked me if I have a passport and if I''d be willing to take a few classes to gain more technical knowledge. Luckily I do have a passport and I actually love taking classes and learning new things. It doesn''t hurt that I had a really hard time deciding in college if I wanted to go the science route or the communications route and I''ve recently been questioning my decision of not majoring in something like engineering (seriously, AP physics was one of my all time favorite classes in HS!).

Now, here''s the funny part of the day:

Before meeting with the HR rep I had to fill out an application. I wasn''t expecting it (should''ve been though!) and I didn''t have some key information like phone numbers of previous companies and I actually couldn''t remember the last name of my direct supervisor from my last job (
6.gif
)! I''d had two supervisors (one left and then the other took over) and I could remember both first names, but no last names. I left it blank and decided I''d include it in my thank you note to the HR rep later tonight because I knew it would come back to me as soon as I left the interview.

As soon as I walked into the interview with PFB he got one of his many phone calls that he received during the interview. I looked over my notes from the HR interview, wrote down some new questions to ask him based off of that interview and basically just tried to look like I wasn''t bored or impatient. PFB doesn''t actually work out of the location I interviewed at so he has no office and our interview was in a conference room. My mind started drifting back to trying to think of what the last names were of those darn supervisors at my last job when PFB opens a manilla folder to pull out my resume. All of a sudden it hits me. The one supervisor''s last name was "Smith" (changed to protect the former boss)! And, OMG, there''s his freakin resume right under mine!!!

So, maybe I''m jumping to conclusions here, but as far as I know, there''s only one marketing position open with this company (I got this impression from both PFB and the HR rep), so it looks like former supervisor and I are interviewing for the same job.

I talked to a friend/former coworker and he said that he ran into former supervisor recently and he told him that he''s been out of work for a few months now.

He''s definitely got more experience than I do (heck, he was my boss!) and he''s got to be at least 10 years older. Hopefully I at least looked more mature than usual in my new suit with my new(ish) haircut (totally different than my avi).

So, overall, I think the interview went really well. The job would give me a lot more responsibility than I''ve ever had (and a lot more pay!). It would also open up amazing opportunities for me (international company with room for advancement) all while allowing me to move back to my home town.

Keep your fingers crossed that I get good news! I have to admit, though, I feel kind of special that I''m even being considered
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like the interview went well...too funny if you really were competing against your old boss. But you know, they say you are much more marketable when you are actually working.... and honestly, sometimes interaction means so much more than credentials. Plus a raise for you would be a paycut for him, HR takes things like that into consideration.

LOTS OF JOB DUST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results