shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
BUUTTT IIII WAANNNAAAA VVVEEENNNTTTT

th_krijsendkind.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Venting doesnt bother me. I think as ladies we are expected to be even keeled and sweet, and well mannered, etc. And sometimes you just want to SCREAM! Sometimes you just want to say your piece and not be judged, and just get a hug.

That is how I see a vent. A lonely person in need of a hug. Feelings of sadness or anger are very isolating feelings. Sometimes you just need a little love... if you feel you cannot get that IRL, then I''ll be happy to send some cyber sugar!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 10:43:10 PM
Author: thing2of2

It just seems like PS used to be a little more light hearted and fun than it is lately. And of course I know the world''s ending, so it can''t all be light hearted fun, but a little less complaining could probably do us all some good.

OMGtheworldisendingruuuuuuuuuuuun.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a problem with the "vent" threads. People have to let things off their chest, and this is a great place to do that (IRL it can be more difficult). Yea, some can be whiny
20.gif
(who am I to talk? I was being whiny a few weeks ago when my FI forgot my birthday!
29.gif
) and if they are, I''ll tell that PSer to feel better. No biggie.
2.gif

Other than LIW (we all know that forum is full of vents!!!
9.gif
) I think a lot of threads lately have to do with people having a hard time at work too, and given the climate right now, it''s understandable.

There will always be disagreements on here because PS is full of people from all walks of life, all over the world. Imagine if everyone agreed on everything and we all loved the same things...b.o.r.i.n.g! As long as we don’t go for each other’s throats, it’s fine!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 10:26:10 AM
Author: Ellen

It just seems like PS used to be a little more light hearted and fun than it is lately. And of course I know the world''s ending, so it can''t all be light hearted fun, but a little less complaining could probably do us all some good.

Nice one, Ellen!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:38:24 AM
Author: monarch64

However, I DO have an issue with posters who seem to post nothing BUT vent threads. When that happens, even if I see that poster contributing positively in another unrelated thread I tend to roll my eyes and think ''there''s debbie downer'' when I see their avatar. I think it is important to find a good balance between posting vent threads and also posting things that contribute in a positive way to the boards.

DItto this, monarch!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2009 9:58:35 AM
Author: fieryred33143
BUUTTT IIII WAANNNAAAA VVVEEENNNTTTT
LOL!!! Me too!
9.gif

I don''t mind the vent threads because unlike IRL I can very easily ignore them
2.gif
And from the venter''s POV, it''ll save my relationship with my poor family and friends who''ll have no choice but to endure my whiny venting about silly little things because I already vented to a group of strangers most of whom I''ll never meet
31.gif

Besides, who''s to say what is silly and insignificant? I don''t read threads about children because I don''t have them and can''t relate to it at all, but that doesn''t mean I consider those threads unimportant. I also enjoy Dancing Fire''s threads with endless *thought provoking* questions so what does that tell ya?
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a problem with vent threads. I think they are good. I also find them healty because sometimes we don't have other people IRL to vent to. I say keep the vent threads. I'll certainly create a vent thread if I want to. If you don't like them, don't read them!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Venting is healthy! If someone feels more comfortable doing it here, I''d like to offer any advice or support I can. I know it''s the internet, but it actually helps some people to write it out and get unbiased advice. If I don''t want to read about it, I just don''t click on it.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My opinion on vent threads is that they don't bother me much, if I don't feel like I can contribute in a helpful way I just stay out of them altogether, or if I don't feel like being subjected to negativity I just don't read them. However, I DO have an issue with posters who seem to post nothing BUT vent threads. When that happens, even if I see that poster contributing positively in another unrelated thread I tend to roll my eyes and think 'there's debbie downer' when I see their avatar. I think it is important to find a good balance between posting vent threads and also posting things that contribute in a positive way to the boards.

Totally agree...

Venting is OK, if not carried in a hostile way toward other forum members, either directly or indirectly.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 11:45:38 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
I don't have a problem with vent threads. I think they are good. I also find them healty because sometimes we don't have other people IRL to vent to. I say keep the vent threads. I'll certainly create a vent thread if I want to. If you don't like them, don't read them!

Well I don't read most of them, but it gets pretty old when every few thread titles say "VENT!!!! I HATE MY (JOB/BOYF/GIRLF/HUSBAND/WIFE/ETC.)!!!!!!" or whatever.

You can of course feel free to create however many vent threads you want. That wasn't the point of this thread. The point was that maybe, just maybe, every single little mishap doesn't need to be vented about on the interweb for all to see.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok. But for me, I''d rather vent on the web than around co-workers....
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 10:47:23 AM

However, I DO have an issue with posters who seem to post nothing BUT vent threads. When that happens, even if I see that poster contributing positively in another unrelated thread I tend to roll my eyes and think ''there''s debbie downer'' when I see their avatar. I think it is important to find a good balance between posting vent threads and also posting things that contribute in a positive way to the boards.

DItto this, monarch!

Yah to this. Balance is good--even with the world ending and all.
3.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 10:09:32 PM

Author: popcorn

why does it bother you? You don''t have to read them or anything. I just find it curious, that''s all.

I mean, I wouldn''t even go so far as to say it *bothers* me. I guess I just don''t see the point of complaining about every little thing? It just seems like lately every time I get on PS there''s some red faced icon next to a ''VENT!!!!'' thread. And usually (although not always) it''s something fairly insignificant. Maybe I just don''t get the appeal in complaining about semi-pointless stuff on the internet? Obviously I can complain with the best of them on occasion, so I am certainly not above complaining or venting.

(And again-I am NOT talking about anyone in particular so please, no one feel attacked!)

I guess that''s why I called it a proposal...I know I''m not going to keep people from doing it but it was just an idea. It''s just something I''ve been noticing and thinking about lately when I''m on PS.

aaaah, I kinda get it. Personally, i have no problem with people venting or letting off steam on this forum, because sometimes people their lives might not understand it in the same way. However, i get agitated at my friends who complain about the same things again and again about little or nothing and then repeat the same behaviors that caused them distress to begin with.

But, do you feel better after you proposed this thread? To kind of get it out of your mind?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 10:11:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
. I follow all threads have in mind one in Family Home and Health but don't want to go speculating. That serves no purpose.
2.gif
Then why bring it up?
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 12:36:21 AM
Author: MC

. I follow all threads have in mind one in Family Home and Health but don''t want to go speculating. That serves no purpose.
2.gif
Then why bring it up?
33.gif
Seems you''re wielding the can opener and the worms. . .
2.gif
You have to be kidding me. I wasn''t the only one that alluded to threads... Fine, I will take my can opener and my worms and go fishing!!!
11.gif
I am not weilding my can opener at anyone.
33.gif
You have this all wrong.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 12:47:13 AM

Date: 1/30/2009 12:36:21 AM
Author: MC

. I follow all threads have in mind one in Family Home and Health but don't want to go speculating. That serves no purpose.
2.gif
Then why bring it up?
33.gif
Seems you're wielding the can opener and the worms. . .
2.gif
You have to be kidding me. I wasn't the only one that alluded to threads... Fine, I will take my can opener and my worms and go fishing!!!
11.gif
I am not weilding my can opener at anyone.
33.gif
You have this all wrong.
2.gif
Okay, sorry if I misunderstood. Yeah, and I gotta be kidding myself too. What was I thinking even venturing into this thread.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock

why does it bother you? You don''t have to read them or anything. I just find it curious, that''s all.

I mean, I wouldn''t even go so far as to say it *bothers* me. I guess I just don''t see the point of complaining about every little thing? It just seems like lately every time I get on PS there''s some red faced icon next to a ''VENT!!!!'' thread. And usually (although not always) it''s something fairly insignificant. Maybe I just don''t get the appeal in complaining about semi-pointless stuff on the internet? Obviously I can complain with the best of them on occasion, so I am certainly not above complaining or venting.

(And again-I am NOT talking about anyone in particular so please, no one feel attacked!)

I guess that''s why I called it a proposal...I know I''m not going to keep people from doing it but it was just an idea. It''s just something I''ve been noticing and thinking about lately when I''m on PS.

You know what, you %*#(#&$&%?! It''s YOUR FAULT that the world is ending. You know who you voted for you commie. YOUR FAULT, YA HEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!?!!!? [Or perhaps it''s my fault that the world''s ending?]
3.gif
31.gif
12.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya all do know that if people worried about what they are posting more than what others are posting the world of pricescope would be a better place?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 1:09:31 AM
Author: strmrdr
ya all do know that if people worried about what they are posting more than what others are posting the world of pricescope would be a better place?
I wish you wouldn''t say such things strm.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 1:06:59 AM
Author: WishfulThinking

You know what, you %*#(#&$&%?! It''s YOUR FAULT that the world is ending. You know who you voted for you commie. YOUR FAULT, YA HEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!?!!!? [Or perhaps it''s my fault that the world''s ending?]
3.gif
31.gif
12.gif
Um, if I recall correctly, the world started ending on the last guys watch. I''m jus sayin....
nails.gif

9.gif
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! Wishful, I think Ellen makes a good point.

And strm, I do worry about what I post, believe it or not! A lot more than I worry about what other people post. Which is why you don''t see vent threads from me everytime my cat scratches the furniture or I break a nail.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I don''t mind the venting...and have done some myself as well. I''ve learned from the suggestions and advice given to me on this site, and I genuinely appreciate it. So, if the option to "release some steam" was taken away, I would personally miss it...

Yes, first and foremost this website is a diamond site, we all know that. And, I believe most of the members initally joined because of a common love for beautiful bling. But, as time has gone by, the website has matured and encouraged us to open up about who we are and what we''re about outside of the jewelry we wear. The Moderators have faciliated this by creating threads like Family, Health & Home, Diamond Hangout, Healthier Lifestyle, Bride World Wide, Ladies In Waiting, Purposal Ideas, Shopping and Around The World. Of course we still have our "diamond threads" like Show Me, or Rocky Talk...and they have even branched out into colorstoned. This website is growing...and as it does, we have all began to develope relationships with each other...PS, for me at least, feels like a day long coffee clutch. If you look at the thread ratio, there is far more social threads than diamond specific ones...and, personally, I love that about this site. We were all brought together by a common interested and stayed around because we''ve built bonds. How great is that? It certianly doesn''t give my love for diamonds a "buzz kill"...it actually makes me appreciates So&So''s new diamond even more, because I know her and I can genuinely be happy for her!

Thing2, if you don''t like the vents...simply move your mouse over a topic a preview the subject matter before reading. You always have the option to pass that thread it by if it isn''t your thing or you don''t want to get involved. And on some level I agree with you that ventings have become more negative in tone...maybe not by intention, but occasionally things escalate quickly and get carried away. That part bothers me, too. I think having good intentions and speaking kindly is always a advisable...but hey, we''re human, and some of us are going to feel strongly one way or another from time to time and when that time comes about, candy coating isn''t always an option, you know? Sometimes you have to let the dukes fly. But, that''s another thing I love about this site...that once it''s over, it''s over...people don''t seem to hold grudges here or trash talk after the fact. We are all good at moving on with things.

Okay, so long story short...I love PS. I love coming here, and sharing stories and hearing about other people''s lives as well. There are days when everything is going so completely wrong, that writting it all does makes me feel *normal* again. Even though this is "just an internet" site...and totally anoyomous, everyone here still feels really familiar to me...and that didn''t come by just looking at diamonds all day...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 11:09:47 PM
Author: heraanderson
I''m not sure I have that many problems with vents per se, but it does irk me when someone asks for advice or vents about a problem and then gets angry at the responses. I know many try to give responses and offer a different perspective and the original poster gets angry.

Just for the record, this isn''t aimed at anyone, because it happens fairly frequently on all of the boards.

I''m not sure how healthy it is to vent and then to not be open to making any changes or take any action to remedy the situation or even see the other side of the coin. I

Totally agree.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really don''t bother me much...if it makes the poster feel better to vent it out, I am fine with that. If things get too heated then I just move on and don''t comment.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:12:16 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Personally, I don''t mind the venting...and have done some myself as well. I''ve learned from the suggestions and advice given to me on this site, and I genuinely appreciate it. So, if the option to ''release some steam'' was taken away, I would personally miss it...

Yes, first and foremost this website is a diamond site, we all know that. And, I believe most of the members initally joined because of a common love for beautiful bling. But, as time has gone by, the website has matured and encouraged us to open up about who we are and what we''re about outside of the jewelry we wear. The Moderators have faciliated this by creating threads like Family, Health & Home, Diamond Hangout, Healthier Lifestyle, Bride World Wide, Ladies In Waiting, Purposal Ideas, Shopping and Around The World. Of course we still have our ''diamond threads'' like Show Me, or Rocky Talk...and they have even branched out into colorstoned. This website is growing...and as it does, we have all began to develope relationships with each other...PS, for me at least, feels like a day long coffee clutch. If you look at the thread ratio, there is far more social threads than diamond specific ones...and, personally, I love that about this site. We were all brought together by a common interested and stayed around because we''ve built bonds. How great is that? It certianly doesn''t give my love for diamonds a ''buzz kill''...it actually makes me appreciates So&So''s new diamond even more, because I know her and I can genuinely be happy for her!

Thing2, if you don''t like the vents...simply move your mouse over a topic a preview the subject matter before reading. You always have the option to pass that thread it by if it isn''t your thing or you don''t want to get involved. And on some level I agree with you that ventings have become more negative in tone...maybe not by intention, but occasionally things escalate quickly and get carried away. That part bothers me, too. I think having good intentions and speaking kindly is always a advisable...but hey, we''re human, and some of us are going to feel strongly one way or another from time to time and when that time comes about, candy coating isn''t always an option, you know? Sometimes you have to let the dukes fly. But, that''s another thing I love about this site...that once it''s over, it''s over...people don''t seem to hold grudges here or trash talk after the fact. We are all good at moving on with things.

Okay, so long story short...I love PS. I love coming here, and sharing stories and hearing about other people''s lives as well. There are days when everything is going so completely wrong, that writting it all does makes me feel *normal* again. Even though this is ''just an internet'' site...and totally anoyomous, everyone here still feels really familiar to me...and that didn''t come by just looking at diamonds all day...

Italia, I like to read your posts, but can I say this: Normally I am not too much of a font nazi, but I find the italics very hard to read.

Travelinggal -> old and cranky and blind.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 2:34:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Italia, I like to read your posts, but can I say this: Normally I am not too much of a font nazi, but I find the italics very hard to read.

Travelinggal -> old and cranky and blind.
Me too.

creepaway3.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Sorry....

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dont much like italics either... but your name and the CUTE PUPPY make me smile every time! So I squint through them!
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 4:14:40 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Sorry....
No need to say sorry...I just wanted to point it out because I like reading your posts but my daughter is wondering why mommy is cross-eyed all the time. It''s scaring her...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results