shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a few stones, but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Hi all.

I was curious to know if anyone here might be able to help me decipher whether or not a couple of the stones I have are RB''s or not.

The set of stud earrings are actually two completely different diamonds from different sides of the family. As you can see, they are slightly different in size and definitely different cuts. One of the earrings looks to be a chunkier cut, where as the other earring has more of the crushed ice look. The bezel necklace is also similar to the crushed ice look.

All I know about the earring specs are that they are approx .48 and .52 ct each, F in color and VS1 clarity. The pendant was graded an F or G color VS1 clarity and is approx .26-.30 in ct weight. All three stones came out of antique engagement rings from my grandmothers.

I have more pictures if you need them. Thanks for all of your help!
35.gif

ellen 046.1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the first picture the top one looks to be a modern RB and the bottom an OEC or transitional...

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
neatfreak: Thanks a bundle! I was thinking the same as you have suggested. Since the stones are on the somewhat smaller side the faceting is more difficult to notice unless you are up close to the stones. They sure do sparkle though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 10:53:47 AM
Author: neatfreak
In the first picture the top one looks to be a modern RB and the bottom an OEC or transitional...
My thoughts also.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
That transitional/oec is very pretty!

Do you have a straight shot of the pendant?

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 11:19:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

My thoughts also.
agreed!
What a difference seeing them side-by-side!!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Well, I tried to get a picture of the pendant as straight on as I could. I hope it isn''t too dark.

Thank you, Coati, for the compliments and thank you all for the info.

I am excited to own such a cool rock.
2.gif

ellen 052.1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:26:59 AM
Author: paeony
Date: 2/8/2009 11:19:45 AM

Author: Lorelei

My thoughts also.
agreed!

What a difference seeing them side-by-side!!
Ditto!! That older cut is just gorgeous...

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
They are both very beautiful, and the older cut is exquisite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results