shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a confession.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Everyone''s comments are SO SWEET! Thank you!
30.gif

One thing about this sapphire...it''s not perfect. It has some eye-visible silk (you can see it in Leon''s "portrait"...lower right corner of the stone) but usually it''s not so noticeable.

One picture I can''t seem to capture: Rarely, when the light is just right (in the car on an overcast day?) it seems to take on a fuzzy glow. Sort of what I imagine a Kashmir would look like. Maybe it''s the silk that does that...
33.gif

Art Nouveau: No, it''s not inherited. I got it from Cherrypicked a number of years ago. And I don''t remember how long it took at Leon''s. It couldn''t have been too bad...I didn''t get hysterical waiting for it this time.
2.gif

Are you still thinking of having LM remount your pad? I think you should do it....especially if you''re not wearing it as much as you should. Even if it''s currently in an OK mounting, re-doing it is worth it. I wear this one all the time now. Before I wore it only occasionally...

widget

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Did Cherrypicked tell you the country of origin when you bought the stone? Is it from Sri Lanka? It certainly has the look of a Kashmir. You are right about resetting. It has been on my mind to get the pad reset since I bought it. It''s just so stressful to wait for custom jobs to get done. You never know until you get it back whether it turned out the way you had envisioned.

AN

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow widget!

Another fabulous re-mount

It''s a lovely sapphire-
just beautiful

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sevens! Thank you! How are you and your beautiful family???

Date: 4/23/2007 1:08:06 PM
Author: Art Nouveau

Did Cherrypicked tell you the country of origin when you bought the stone? Is it from Sri Lanka?
It''s certed (AGTA) country of origin: Burma.

AN: I know what you mean about custom. I''ve made some BAD mistakes trying to get something "different" that''s custom. I''ve finally learned that choosing simple, classic mountings is much less risky (and stressful)...
20.gif

widget

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow
6.gif
that sapphire is amazing...and that new setting wow!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget the ring is beautiful! And BTW, do you have any more sons I can marry? Your DIL has inherited quite a few diamonds from you. Jealous over here!!!!
2.gif
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget,

Doesn''t the silk in your ring make it glow? I know in my Pad''s it does mine.

Linda

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, IK!
1.gif

Sorry, FG....I''m all out! (I think my sharing of jewelry thing is from never having had a daughter...and the realization that they''re going to get it all someday anyway. Better sooner before the IRS gets involved...)

Yeah, Linda....I think it''s the silk. BTW...I goofed above (if anyone cares): the silk is visible in the picture of the stone unmounted with the un-recut radiants...)

widget

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!! Leon is such a master and you deserve it!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy to see your gorgeous sapphire in its new glorious home! It is almost as neat as the woman who wears it
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Widget,

It''s so beautiful! Love that vibrant blue and it''s a fantastic new setting, what fun!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wiget, it''s absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. So glad you decided to have Leon do the makeover, it''s well worth it. I just LOVE it!!!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WIDGET!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is just breathtakingly beautiful. It is just classic and timeless and to die for! You have a beautiful collection!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!!! I love Leon. Makes me want to give him a call....hmmmmmm
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness Widget!! It is absolutely STUNNING
36.gif
30.gif
!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Simply stunning!! I love every single piece of jewelry in your exquisite collection, widget!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m late to the confession party! That is a truly super sapphire there, Widget. I love that it seems to glow.
30.gif
To be honest, I do kind of like the original mounting, it had a sort of antique look to it. But the modern LM is also scrumptious. Simple yet classy.
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

You have THE MOST ENVIABLE collection of jewelry.
Personally, I think I agree with your classic over unique comment, it can be better in the long run. Your Mege's are both gorgeous!

Scintillating....

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W! what a pretty blue Sapphire.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Widget, your ring is amazing! Whoa.

Seriously one of the MOST beautiful sapphire rings I have ever seen.

You lucky lady. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results