shape
carat
color
clarity

I have $10 K to purchase an engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madasczik

Rough_Rock
What clarity do I buy? To me cut and colar are the most important factors, however, clarity has me dumb founded. They say experts with the naked eye cannot tell the difference between SI1 and IF? What level is key?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Madasczik,
You might want to check “What to buy” page in the tutorial for some ideas based on different preferences: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/summary.asp.
It is really matter of taste what clarity are you comfortable with. Good eye-clean SI1 will look the same to the naked eye as IF. But if you plan to look often on the stone through the loupe you might want to increase the clarity grade. It’s hard to tell.
Best of all would be to go to the good jewelry store and see different stones yourself to figure out what is the lowest clarity you can bare.

smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A nice SI1 can be clean to the naked eye, and some may be marginal. Look at those grades pretty close, but not a bad area to buy in.Also look at different colors, you may be surprised how little color difference there is between say a F and a G color. You may find that a color or two really doesn't matter to you either.Study cut carefully, this is where you may find your greatest difference between any two diamonds. One can be dead, and the other simply beautiful.Last words.......... take your time and compare.------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results