shape
carat
color
clarity

I HATE WAITING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocosdreamland

Rough_Rock
the same old story, boy and girl went to tiffany looking for a ring, boy and girl came out and said to each other "i ain't paying that much for a 1.5 carat", boy and girl went on an online journey searching for the best diamond their budget can bear for the girl, boy and girl finally found it, but can't bring that baby home 'cuz dear GOG has to send it to Vatche to have it set! oh hate the waiting game and counting the days until the ring is ready!

even though this is my first post here, but i have been browsing through this forum literally day and night for the past few weeks. all i can say is WOW, i never knew i can learn so much about diamonds in a week in a forum compared to years from other various sources. thanx to all of u i knew exactly what to look for and found the best place to purchase my precious stone.

i guess i must be one of the few lucky ones who happened to live on Long Island, and yes, so close to GOG! it's funny i never knew about GOG until after visited PS, and i've been living on the island for over 10 years... go figure!

the visit to GOG was simplely WONDERFUL! the crew at GOG has been GREAT and very helpful! thanks to Johnathan and Charlie, i've found my dream stone! i remember there was this phrase on someone's posts but i never could truly understand it "fall in love with the stone, not the paper"... well, now i do.

after comparing a solesfera and a H&A in comparable color and clarity, i've decided on a 2.03 carat F VS2 H&A RB. u have no idea, i was like a little kid in the candy store! i didn't want to leave GOG, i didn't want to be parted with my stone
8.gif
8.gif

to satisfy some of u PSers' curiosity, here is the pix and stat on my diamond (copied from GOG site):

Shape:Round
Carat Weight:2.03ct
Color:F
Clarity:VS2
AGS Cut Grade:Ideal
GIA Cut Grade:Excellent
Optical Symmetry:Ideal
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Fluorescence:Negligible
Girdle:1.25%
Culet:None
Lab Report:GIA
Lab Report #:14809109
In House:Yes
Width:8.19mm
Length:8.23mm
Depth:5.02mm
Table:56.00%
Depth:61.14%
Crown Ú:34.56
‹Crown Depth:15.19%
Pavilion Ú:40.85
‹Pavilion Depth:43.10%
Upper Girdle Ú:41.87
‹Lower Girdle Ú:42.04
pic1.jpg
ltsc.jpg

hearts.jpg
arrows.jpg

clarity1__i.jpg

clarity2__i.jpg

the stone will be set on a size 4.25 Vatche x-prong platinum ring, i have no doubt it's gonna be gourgeous!

again, thanx to all u PSers even if u don't know it, and johnathon, charlie, marie, and christen... thanx a bunch!

i'm now back to my ringless world and start counting... again! not having my ring with me right now is killing me!

coco

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on finding your stone, can''t wait to see the setting you choose as well as hand pics!
36.gif
35.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PriceScope ~ Congratulations on your engagement and the selection of your e-ring. As a repeat GOG customer, I agree 100% that they are wonderful to deal with. You are SO lucky to have had the opportunity to visit them in-person ...

Since you are one of the few PS''ers who have actually viewed both a Solasfera and an H&A in-person, perhaps you can enlighten us: what made you choose the traditional H&A over the Solasfera?

Thanks for your input and again, congratulations on your engagement! Your ring sounds lovely - can''t wait for the hand pics!
4.gif

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Your diamond is stunning...and huge. Yes, please do describe your observations comparing an H&A and Solasfera side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results