I had to put my dog down

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to you.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds wonderful, and it sounds to me like you did the right thing for her as your beloved family member.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, I know this rips your heart out. But you will always have a special love for her. You were a good dog mom, but it's not easy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry house cat...such a tough decision but we usually know in our hearts that its the right thing to do. Sounds like she was really an
awesome dog.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, what a sweet looking girl, she knows you gave her a wonderful life. Losing a beloved pet is so hard but I am sending you a big huge hug.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for your loss.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about Daisy too. I can tell how much she was loved.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @House Cat , however long they’re with us, it’s just never enough. In the end, we do what we have to, to ease their suffering.

EA124590-12AF-4A96-BF24-9B0539A390F9.png

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss, she was beautiful :cry2: I remember when we had to have our dog pts when I was 22. She was 15, I was only 7 when we had her (little yorkie). I kept coming home expecting her to be there, jumping up the front door.... for ages!
Condolences to you x

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really sorry House Cat.
console2.gif

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat I’m so sorry for your loss. Daisy sounds like a remarkable and very Good Dog.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, this is horrible & sad news. What a beautiful dog she was, and your description of how she behaved actually made me teary. Big hugs to you & your family x

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat - I am so sorry. What a sweet and beautiful girl Daisy was and my heart goes out to you and your family.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this :(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the end, she was in too much pain to go on. No one tells you how hard this is or how guilty you will feel or how badly you will want all of those years back.

I'm so sorry, House Cat. What you say is true. And even with time, you will have painful memories about the end. But if you are lucky, as I have been with all my dogs (I have only had dogs as pets), after the great loss wears off you will be uplifted and given joy by many happy memories, too. I hope this happens for you and your family.

Again, I am so very sorry. I know the pain is great.

Hugs,
Deb

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Housecat, sending you hugs and more hugs.
It is the hardest thing, the saddest thing but the bravest and the kindest thing to have helped your darling Daisy cross the rainbow bridge.
Run free and fast dearest Daisy xxxxxxx

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @House Cat :cry2:

You and your whole family must miss her so much.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So very sorry for your loss, HouseCat. She sounds as if she was absolutely wonderful.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear this hugs

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the pain of your loss - I've known it only too well. Wishing you peace as time goes by. . . and it will come.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comforting words everyone. They really do help. For everyone who knows this heartbreak, I am sorry for your loss too.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so, so sorry. I don't wish to derail your thread or make it about me, but I just want to say I know just how hard this is for you. I had to do the same Sunday with my little dog on the left in my avatar. (And yes the guilt is killing me - did I do it to soon?)

I hope you know you did all you could. :cry2:
I’m so sorry that you are going through these feelings. Yes, I wondered if we did it too soon. I guess this feeling is common.

Thank you for saying what you did about doing all that I could. I’m positive the same is true for you too.

I wish healing on your heart.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Every time I get a new pup, I tell myself to guard my heart as the pain will be too much in twelve to fifteen years. By the end of the first day or two, I know I am lost, again. It never gets any easier, but it also never ceases to be worth every drop of pain.

Treasure your pain, it is a sign that there was true love there. When your heart is ready, start anew and treasure the years until your next pain. Fill them with joy until you forget the pain that you had and treasure instead the joy. It does come again and again. Each dog a new treasure and new memories. It is a blessed cycle.

Wink

Q

Queenie60

I'm sorry House Cat. Daisy is now in dog heaven. Take care, I'm so sorry for your loss.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Daisy.
Having been through this recently, I understand your pain.
It's never easy.
(((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry dear @House Cat.

losingabelovedfamilymember.jpg

Sweet Daisy is at Rainbow Bridge now and knows how much you loved and cherished and adored her as she did you. It is so hard losing a loved one. I am keeping you and your family in my thought and sending gentle hugs your way.

Rainbow-Bridge-Free-Printable-Poem-Pet-Loss-e1459943749503.jpg

pawprintsleftbyyou.png

And I hope it brings you some comfort knowing that grief is the price we pay for love and it sucks but the alternative isn't palatable.

quotes-of-grief.jpg

(((Hugs))).

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl!!! I know the pain of losing a pet, and sometimes it is unbearable. You have wonderful memories of her, and she will be in your heart forever.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just thinking about you House Cat and wishing all pets could be lucky enough to have you as their mom. Daisy was lucky. I know they give us their all but you too gave Daisy a wonderful life. Please be mindful you made Daisy as happy as she made you. I hope that can bring you some peace.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you gave Daisy a wonderful life filled with love and she knew that. It's the hardest and bravest decision to let go. Having doubts about the when to do, rather than the whether, speaks to your love and desire to do what's best for her. I hope you find peace amidst the grief

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry, HC. sad :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results