shape
carat
color
clarity

I had my first wedding nightmare last night LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It probably has to do with the fact that I have spent 3mths looking for a venue to no avail but I had my first highly unrealistic wedding nightmare.

Starts off in my dream it is the day before the wedding and I turn to FI and he is saying how exciting we are getting married tomorrow when I turn to him going OMG is that tomorrow but I don''t have a dress, and he doesn''t have a suit so I start panicking telling him I have to go buy a dress and he must try to find a suit ASAP.

So I trundle off to the city to find a dress and a hostel for some reason as well and find this horrid dress shop and tell them I need a wedding dress NOW because I am getting married tomorrow. These two witchy looking ladies start going on about the unfortunate series of events and then tell me they only have one dress in my size so they hand it to me to go try it on. I go to the change room and try on this horrible lace number with a high neck, long sleeves sack like dress with a sash and come out to look in the mirror (for some reason I am still wearing my jeans underneath the dress) and see that the dress hits mid-calf so I start crying because there is no train and decide to call the whole wedding off.

While in the change room in said ugly dress I call his house speak to his sister tell her all of this that has happened and that I need to speak to FI about calling off the wedding and have it at a later date. She goes to get him and tells me their parents won''t be happy with this and I in my defence am like I don''t see why I forgot to send invites out as well. I get FI on the phone who tells me he hasn’t bothered to look for a suit yet he was going to do that tomorrow but that he is fine with the wedding being delayed because if I didn’t have a dress there was no point. After this his mum comes on the phone and flips big time over it and starts yelling at me, I hang up and then call my sister to see if she has left for the airport yet so I can get her to cancel her flight but she is already at the airport (at a zoo that doesn’t have an airport) and was really calm about it though she did ask me how the hell can you forget to order a dress and send invites.

After that I hang up catch a train back to my burb and am being picked up by someone so I can go see FI but then can’t because my other friend is catching a bus to the coast so she can’t tell me the way there. At this point I woke up and realised it was stupid and LOL’ed to myself a little and realised there is no way in hell I would forget any of this stuff
1.gif

Sorry about the novel my dreams tend to be a little on the long winded side.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! That is hysterical!!! I love that your sister was at the zoo!!

Don't you just love all of the wedding induced craziness?!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:00:27 AM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG!!!! That is really super duper funny!!! I like that your sister was at the zoo!!

Don''t you just love all of the wedding induced craziness?!

Not only was she at a zoo but in a zoo in another state
3.gif

I do it is actually funny to see the personalities people take on in my dream like state and how they differ to real life as well.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous dream Dee!!!!
36.gif
Don''t worry, it will get worse
2.gif

Tinaweena

Rough_Rock
I have been reading about wedding nightmares and thought everybody was nuts!

I had my first one 2 nights ago....so I guess I''m nuts too!

It was the day before the wedding, and my dress still hadn''t come in. So the bridal shop gave me this totally fugly replacement dress to wear, and it was about 10 sizes too big and they haded me a bunch of clothes pins to make it fit and said nobody would notice.

The crying in my sleep actually work my FH up! haha

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
I hate to say it but I love hearing other people''s wedding nightmares. They''re so scary for a few minutes then most just hysterical.
Between wearing jeans under the dress and using clothespins to alter...how do our minds come up with this stuff?!?!
In mine, no matter what''s happening I ALWAYS forget to hire a hair/makeup person and it''s a tragedy - like call off the wedding horrible. Really I think I could put on my own mascara if need be LOL

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, but this had me bent over at my desk laughing!! I had 2 in one week, and haven''t had any since. There''s hope!!
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Dee that''s a good one!! LOL!!

I had my first official nightmare last week. We''ve met 4 photogs in the last 4 weeks and none of them really worked out so I dreamt that it was wedding day and OH CRAP we have no photographer!! So I''m calling this one lady begging her to do it, and I spent so long on the phone with her that I didn''t have time to get my hair done. Hehe!! It''s crazy how this stuff permeates the subconscious!
26.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Honey thanks for the reassurance
25.gif
LOL, I had another nightmare last night but it fully wedding related though, I am glad I have so much to look forward to
36.gif

Tinaweena Welcome to the nutty club, I am sorry you were crying it is funny how realistic these absurd things can be.

luvbug I usually have really weird dreams FI is constantly asking how the heck I do come up with these senarios - my mind is definitly unique :D.

meresal No need to be sorry, I am glad you found it funny heck I found it funny when I woke up :). That''s awesome that you haven''t had any lately - THERE IS HOPE
36.gif

Sunny I think our minds get so bigged with the what if''s of wedding planning that sleep is the only time we have that we can deal with those fears and rationalise with them - I have to say your dream sounds scarier then mine that would be one of my worst nightmares
32.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Too funny, Dee! I can''t imagine that it was all that funny when you were sleeping though, right? I bet your heart was racing!! Here''s to not having anymore wedding related nightmares.
emcocktl.gif

How''s the venue search coming along?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
While I was asleep I was terrified and upset when I woke up that was a different story.

No venue yet we were meant to view one 2hrs away on my b-day (which was last Monday) as she couldn''t see us on a weekend. I had emailed her like 5 times over the course of a couple of weeks spoke numerous times with dates and such only to call and confirm that morning about to get ready to go and an 1hr later (thank god we didn''t leave straight away) she called to tell me that there was no point coming as she had no dates left in 2010 due to the financial crisis she had brides postponing she thought I wanted 4mths away in 2009 mind you 2 weeks ago all her dates for 2010 were clear - WTF, needless to say I was upset.

So now we have given up on the weekend away and are looking locally everything happens for a reason so I just figure it will all work out. I am looking at another place this weekend in the city it looks nice very different in a good way ;-).

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sounds shady. I would be turned off as well.
Fingers crossed that this next venue works out!!!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Yahhha I couldn''t work it out - the place gets heaps of rave reviews on bridal forums as well so I don''t know.

I hope so too, I just want the searh to be OVER :D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results