shape
carat
color
clarity

I had my B-pic shoot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So tonight I had my boudoir picture shoot. It went really well. I had someone come and do my hair and makeup and I had probably 8 outfits to choose from ranging from head to toe coverage to next to nothing. I felt beautiful, sexy, and oh so feminine, which are not feelings I have often. I''ll have my pics back in about four weeks.

If anyone is considering doing B-pics, I highly highly reccommend them. I have a few hints/points of advice for those of you who have already booked them (not in order of importance).

1. Start preping well before-exfoliate and moisturize, drink lots of water, and cut down on your sugar and salt intake for the week before (the latter helps with smoothing the tummy-region).
2. Consider spray tanning, even if it''s just a slight amount of color. Knowing that I wasn''t pasty white with all veins showing really helped me get into the groove during the session. It was one less thing for me to worry about.
3. Get your waxing done a few days before the shoot. That way your redness will be minimal.
4. Pick outfits that you''re comfortable in and make you feel great. Your man will love you in anything or nothing at all. If you''re uncomfortable in something or you feel silly, it will show in the pictures.
5. Don''t forget accessories to go with your outfits. I brought several pairs of shoes, thigh highs, jewelry, glasses, etc.
6.Confirm that with your shoot and photos comes the copyright to the images and make sure the photog knows whether you approve of them using your shots for promotional material. If you''re opposed to them using your shots, be sure to get their agreement in writing.
7. Book with someone reputable whom you trust. I went with a well-known woman in the Boston area. She was fantastic. I had read many many reviews of her work and I''ve seen numerous images of the style I was looking for. She made me feel at ease and she walked me through every step in the process, from selecting the individual outfits from the ones I bought, to how to pose for the right angle.
8. If you have the opportunity to book a hair/makeup artist to help prepare you for the shoot, then DO IT!!! It was so worth the added cost and I looked AMAZING. I don''t think I''ve ever looked so good. This was the first and most significant step towards feeling at ease and "into" the process.

My pictures will be ready in 4 weeks or so. I plan to have a photo book made for FI''s wedding present. Depending on the pictures, I may post one or two of the less risque shots...

Please let me know if you have any questions about boudoir photography, I''m a huge proponent now and I''m happy to help!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W00t! Way to go, HH! I dont think I''d ever be comfortable in my own skin to able to get b-pics done, so I''m incredibly proud of you!

You totally rock, girl! Can''t wait to see a few you might want to share!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto kama - I don''t think I''d ever be comfortable enough to do this, so huge props on that. I''m so glad it went so well for you though
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! I seriously hope you post some of them, now i''m just super curious! That sounds SO FUN, but I don''t know that I''d ever have the nerve to really do it.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! I wish I had your courage lady! I''m sure your pics are going to be beautiful.
1.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I''m glad that you had such a great experience and that you completely rocked your photo shoot. Thanks for the tips, too, they make a lot of sense. I haven''t actually set the date for my shoot yet, but I''ve already talked to my photographer about it so all I have to do is let her know when I''m ready. I can''t wait, especially after hearing how excited you are about yours!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You go girl!!! I would love to have the courage to do them. Just a warning though, if you post pics of them your thread may get deleted. Another PS linked to her pics in a thread and it got pulled by the mods, it''s against the rules to show underwear/nudity, so please post some nice ones, we would love to see them!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I really want to do b-pics too! Did you shoot in a hotel room, the studio? How much more was the hair & makeup? Did you go all out on the makeup, like fake lashes too? How many outfits did you have? How long did it take to change from one to another?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Glad it went well, foxy mamma! I''m sure they''ll look fab and your FI will just die when he sees ''em!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to have the courage to do them! Can''t wait to see some of the pics!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) glad it went so well, your FI will love that you did that for him :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 12:13:51 AM
Author: honey22
You go girl!!! I would love to have the courage to do them. Just a warning though, if you post pics of them your thread may get deleted. Another PS linked to her pics in a thread and it got pulled by the mods, it''s against the rules to show underwear/nudity, so please post some nice ones, we would love to see them!

Um...yea...I would never post nude or underwear shots. She took a lot of shots that were really modest and in which I was fully clothed.

I''ve been around long enough to know better than to post pics like that...besides, I wouldn''t want semi naked pics of myself floating around cyberspace!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 12:26:09 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Oooh, I really want to do b-pics too! Did you shoot in a hotel room, the studio? How much more was the hair & makeup? Did you go all out on the makeup, like fake lashes too? How many outfits did you have? How long did it take to change from one to another?

She often works out of hotel rooms but I just went to her studio which was a room in her house. We also used areas of her place like the stairs and living room.

The B-shoot itself was $390 for 90 minutes of shooting plus retouching on 40 photos, copyright, and a high-res CD. The hair and makeup came to an additional $125. The makeup was DEFINITELY worth it, but I could have done the hair myself. I didn''t have time though so it made sense for her to do it. The makeup was all out, complete with fake eyelashes (my natural lashes are nonexistent).

I brought a ton of stuff with me, but with 8 or so fully conceptualized outfits. Lots of boy shorts, garter belts, thigh highs, different bras, some colorful stuff, some traditional stuff, etc...Basically anything I thought could even remotely look good. We mixed and matched from there. I think in all I did 6 or 7 changes over the course of the 90 minutes and depending on the outfit (and if I had to put on hose or not-lol) the changing time took about 30 seconds-2 minutes. The only changes I made to makeup was in my lip color, going from a more natural to a more pumped-up look.

One thing to note, you have to strategize a bit with the order you do the pics in. For example, there was a shot I wanted in work attire with stockings, heels, etc. I wanted my hair up for that shot but I wanted it down for the others. So the makeup artist curled my hair, teased it, and put it up. Then we took the shot and I took it down for the next one. I went with more natural makeup for that shot because I didn''t want to deal with going from bright/dark red lips to light/natural lips. It never looks right and I didn''t want to stain my face when I removed the lipstick. My hair was down for the rest and then when we got to the more daring shots at the end, I put on the darker lipstick.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yea Hudson!!!
36.gif

I can''t wait to see the ones you can post! I''m getting mine done June 2nd. I''m having them do a 7 deadly sins montage...I can''t wait!

$400 for 40 photos and 90 minutes? That''s a really good deal. I''m paying a little more and don''t get as many...I really like my photographer though, and everyone in my city recommends her.

Thanks for the tips!!! Especially about having your hair up/down for the shoot.

How did you wear it up? Was it easy to take down and not have it look like it was up? (Like when you have your hair up in a ponytail and when you take it out, there''s a ring...)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the woman curl my hair and then just loosely pin it up with bobby pins. When i took it down I finger combed it and fliped it upside down for oomph. I had a very bridget bardot look...

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Bridget Bardot!!!! That''s exactly the look I''m looking for!!!

How did she pin it up? Like a loose style? Bun? Chignon? If you can find a photo, that would help...all the styles I was contemplating might be too "up" and I wouldn''t be able to take down easily (if that makes sense)

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of boudoir shots! I live in Boston too, who did you use? I'd love a recommendation since it seems like you had such a good experience doing it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 8:31:21 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Um...yea...I would never post nude or underwear shots. She took a lot of shots that were really modest and in which I was fully clothed.

I''ve been around long enough to know better than to post pics like that...besides, I wouldn''t want semi naked pics of myself floating around cyberspace!

Sorry if my post sounded condescending, I didn''t mean to imply you didn''t have a clue, I just wanted to let you know what happened previously. I would seriously love to see the shots, I am actually thinking about having them done for myself!

That''s the problem with writing, the tone doesn''t always come across, Sorry if I offended you Hudson hawk!
1.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I just looove the idea of making a photobook out of them and giving them to your hubby as a present... i''m already ''in training'' for my pics (should be doing that bike ride NOW) that i''m having later in the year and i think the book is a fab idea!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Yay H_H!!! I decided to nix my b-pics because of budget concerns but I totally plan on doing them for our 1 year anniversary. I''m glad to hear you had such a positive experience!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:54:47 PM
Date: 4/23/2009 8:31:21 AM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Sorry if my post sounded condescending, I didn''t mean to imply you didn''t have a clue, I just wanted to let you know what happened previously. I would seriously love to see the shots, I am actually thinking about having them done for myself!

That''s the problem with writing, the tone doesn''t always come across, Sorry if I offended you Hudson hawk!

1.gif

You didn''t offend me, don''t worry
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
HH, I am really excited about this now! It sounds like you are going to have some amazing shots. I might just have to do this for FI (and myself
9.gif
) before I get married.

Questions: Were you feeling shy at all? How many people in the room with you? Was it awkward to pose at all?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this sounds like it was a great experience. I hope to do this to. I especially appreciate your time to go over all the tips and tricks that worked for you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I felt shy at first, but I made a point to have my makeup done in my underwear and a button down so I could get used to being undressed around the girls. For the shoot itself it was only the photog and I. No one else. Maybe I''m just not a modest person, but I really wasn''t uncomfortable being undressed around the photog.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

Congrats H_H!!

I did these for our anniv. and let me tell you, I wish my photographer could follow me around in real life with Photoshop.

31.gif
The touch ups were amazing, I quickly realized how easy it was for her to get rid of the things I was self conscious about.

FI was blown away just because it was so against my normal nature.

I know your SO will love them!

Great advice btw, I wished I had brought more accessories. Congrats again!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:07:58 AM
Author: TBjumper

Congrats H_H!!

I did these for our anniv. and let me tell you, I wish my photographer could follow me around in real life with Photoshop.

31.gif
The touch ups were amazing, I quickly realized how easy it was for her to get rid of the things I was self conscious about.

FI was blown away just because it was so against my normal nature.

I know your SO will love them!

Great advice btw, I wished I had brought more accessories. Congrats again!

LOL I know! I literally did a happy dance when she said she edits out celulite. She does everything except cover up tattoos (hard to do well) and shape your body.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow I didn''t realize this was such a popular thing to do! I actually never even heard of it but I LOVE the idea. I wish it was more of a well-known thing around me. I don''t know that I''ve have the guts, being the only person I know IRL to do it.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am impressed. I wish I had done this when I got married
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results