shape
carat
color
clarity

I had a Blue Christmas...as in a Fancy green blue diamond!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
In the land of super sized diamonds Pricescope style, I turned the opposite way, buying a small GIA graded natural Fancy Green Blue diamond!!! At only 4.01mm x 4.04mm- it is just a tiny little blue. But I've been looking for this type of color for a couple of years. I've bought and sent back a couple because they just weren't saturated enough. I've looked at bluish greens and greenish blues and wasn't really particular which one it was. I knew I didn't want to sell a house for a large one :$$): , so when I saw this one pop up on Leibish I pounced on it. :dance:

It arrived a few days before Christmas and it's such a pretty Caribbean blue!!!! Not quite sure how I'll set it yet, although I know I'll put a pink diamond halo around it to maximize the color. So here are a few photos I snapped today- not the best, but should give you an idea of color. I've placed some G color diamonds around it in one of the photos and some fancy intense pinks in another for reference.

l1060531.jpg

l1060524.jpg

l1060520.jpg

l1060511.jpg

Reactions: AV_

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I had a Blue Christmas...as in a Fancy green blue diamo

That is so pretty! I love it with the hot pink diamonds...really makes the blue pop!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mmmmm!
Beautiful color.

It brings me to the green-blue of a tropical white-sand beach. :cheeky: :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The color is so serene!! :love: I think those fancy pinks really make it pop, too. Looking forward to seeing how you set it!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

So beautiful...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamy and special. Congratulations on such a unique piece! It's wonderful!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! May I ask what vendor...?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

thank you tyty333 and ac117 - I also think the pink diamonds make the color pop!!

thank you, Kenny- that tropical peaceful color is exactly what I wanted!! Although it's not nearly in the vivid color range of your beauties, the pastel tones speak to me and they're a bit easier on the wallet, too! =)

heididdi- you'll find FCDs are addictive. Just like potato chips you can't stop at one!! :lol:

LLJsmom-thank you. Dreamy is a great adjective for it-like a Caribbean Dream

thanks whitewave- I purchased it from Leibish. Great company-I've purchased several FCDs from them.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a beautiful color - congrats on such a lovely stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the color! :love: It reminds me of Kroshka's green diamond that was set with light pinks around it! That will be gorgeous!!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Fabulous. Can you put in a link the making of your flower ring I can't find it anywhere

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful diamond! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

thanks so much MissGotRocks and poshmommy!

DS- thank you! I believe the size is very similar to Kroshka's Green Envy. It shows that a small diamond can still make a nice sized and creative ring in the hands of a talented designer. I have searched the internet for images of blue green and green blue diamonds and most rings have accented the color with pink diamonds. It just really enhances them.

heididdi- I am terrible at posting links, but I think in your other thread you said you managed to find the threads on my orchid ring, right?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

missy|1483104249|4110684 said:
Gorgeous color and shape! :love: Looking forward to seeing what masterpiece you create with it! :appl:

FYI for Heidi and anyone else who might not have seen this:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-diamonds-rdg-mike-robinson-artisan-masterpiece.189171/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-diamonds-rdg-mike-robinson-artisan-masterpiece.189171/[/URL]

thanks, Missy!!!! Playing with different options for setting it, but don't want to rush into anything quite yet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1483073265|4110628 said:
DS- thank you! I believe the size is very similar to Kroshka's Green Envy. It shows that a small diamond can still make a nice sized and creative ring in the hands of a talented designer. I have searched the internet for images of blue green and green blue diamonds and most rings have accented the color with pink diamonds. It just really enhances them.

Yes, a beautiful piece can definitely be made with a small colored diamond. Your pink diamond rings are absolutely fabulous!!! I was able to see Kroshka's in person in Houston last February! I love seeing them, but I need to restrain myself from catching that bug ( :$$): )!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Woohoo!!

Well done!

Enjoy it loads!!!!! Yummy!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1483209507|4111110 said:
pinkjewel|1483073265|4110628 said:

Yes, a beautiful piece can definitely be made with a small colored diamond. Your pink diamond rings are absolutely fabulous!!! I was able to see Kroshka's in person in Houston last February! I love seeing them, but I need to restrain myself from catching that bug ( :$$): )!!!!
haha- yes, so hard to stop once you start on FCDs!! There are so many PS rings I'd love to see in person. Might be time for another trip to Vegas :Up_to_something: As long as the PS get together is going to happen this year

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

gregchang35|1483212919|4111127 said:
Woohoo!!

Well done!

Enjoy it loads!!!!! Yummy!

thank you!!! The search has taken awhile, but totally worth it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results