shape
carat
color
clarity

I guess 14k WG serpentine (S link) chains are no longer made? How to restore used one?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully, someone can help me out here! I went online to buy a 14K white gold serpentine (S link) chain around 1mm in thickness. I have one in sterling silver but wanted it in white gold to go with a new white gold pendant. I've scoured the internet and only find new ones in yellow gold but I need white gold. It is so weird, I guess no one is making them now. I found a used one on eBay that will work, but I want it to look shiny and new. Can white gold chains this thin be polished to look new? Do they have to be re-rhodium dipped? If so, would this be too costly a process?

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.55.37 PM.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
S link and box link chains can’t be “seamlessly” repaired, you always end up with a “lump of solder” at the join.
You can easily clean a white gold chain yourself with a silver polishing cloth. Just be gentle and lay the chain out completely flat on a hard surface and use a wiping motion to polish.
Rhodium plating isn’t overly expensive, probably around $80 and the finish will last around a year or so if you have a pendant “running” up and along the chain.
You might also consider platinum albeit more expensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results