• Tacori

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Christopher Designs

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gigico

Rough_Rock
Hi all!! i got engaged in Dec 2010 .... my fiance got me my dream ring - Tacori 2620 which i LOVE. I am in the processing of looking for wedding band. I see a lot of Tacori 2620 posts here on PS, everyone's ring set looks beautiful. Now it's my turn to pick my band and i can't decide. Please give me some thoughts as to which one you think looks better with my ER (pics are on a separate post below). thanks!

IMG_9457.JPG

IMG_9457a.jpg

gigico

Rough_Rock
The Christopher Designs band has bigger diamonds and it is a prong set instead of a pave-channel set, and it's very sparkly.
The Tacori band has more detail and matches to my ER setting, however the diamonds are much smaller so less sparkly then CD's. Please let me know you thoughts. Thanks!

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

CD1.jpg

large_WBL7W00471.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to do the matching Tacori - the Christopher band is pretty but I'd rather keep with the same design.

Your ring is beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the tacori matching band for your ring. I have seen them together here and they look perfect together! Your
ring is lovely!

gigico

Rough_Rock
@ MissGotRocks and Luv2sparkle - Thank you both for the compliment on my ER...The Tacori band is what i am leaning toward too, it's got more detail but of course more pricey. The Christopher Designs band is more within my price range and it is more sparkly. That's why i am torn.....

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I vote for a bit thinner eternity band too. The spinning is going to drive u crazy, check out ID Jewelry, their prices are very reasonable.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with the Christopher Designs band. Why? Bigger diamonds and less expensive!! Can't beat that. ;))

Congrats on your engagement, your ring is lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just think there is too much style change to go with the CD band. I think you really need to go with a Tacori band. You may want to get one with more diamonds around the shank, but don't do full eternity because they usually can't be sized.

Your e-ring is one of my favorite Tacori's! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ering is gorgeous. I would go with the Tacori band based on the pictures because it goes well with the design of your ring. Have you gone and tried assorted bands on with your ering? Sometimes trying on different bands is the best way to find what you like and what looks good together.

IamKrysie

Rough_Rock
I am in a similar situation. I have the HT2326 and was going back and forth on what to do for a wedding band. I was thinking I could go with a different designer to save some money. I had whittled my choices down to A)The matching Tacori band B)A Blue Nile eternity band which was about an 85% match or C)Something totally custom from Whiteflash. Ive been going back and forht on this for months. And I think Ive finally made my desicion. I am going with Tacori. Because Tacori will not only fix a prong issue I have thanks to my local jeweler, but they will also ensure that my engagement and my wedding band match when it comes to lining up correctly and engraving and whatnot. They will also put my ERing through something of a 'day spa' to spiffy it up so both come back to me all blingy and beautiful for the wedding day.
So for me, going with the Tacori band, while more expensive, seemed to be the right choice.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand the desire for more bling! I am not a fan of Christopher designs. when I was looking at rings some of their melee was
Not as high of quality as I would have liked. I can't say for sure that of all their rings,it may not be, but it is what steered me
Away from them. If you decide on that band be sure you ask about the color and clarity of the stones.

Have you checked with Facets? I have a very detailed ering and I wear it with a Facets eternity band with a custom spacer.

I think that Tacori makes bands with bigger stones as well. Also, take a look at the eternity made by Leon Mege that Whiteflash offers
I think that would look lovely with your ring and it is just over 1700 for a wire price.

gigico

Rough_Rock
@oneam: Thank you for taking your time to pull the links for me. All the bands look very pretty but I don't think i feel comfortable buying my wedding band online because i don't know how they would fit with my ER. I am afraid they don't look good together or they don't sit flush together, etc. To be honest, i am a very picky person, so i would rather see the ring in person and then go from there.

@ OCmom3xboys: thanks for the suggestion.

@ Laila619: Thanks you.

@ marcy: Thank you. Yeah, i did tried some other bands in addition to the ones i have above. The Tacori band is really pretty because i do like how it has side diamonds. It looks so pretty esp from my side of view.

@IamKrysie: Congrats to you. I think it's so overwhelming to choose a wedding band b/c it's once in a lifetime and i want to be choosing the right one and also be comfortable with what i choose. I think i most likely will go with a Tacori band too just so that the rings look more like a set.

@ luv2sparkle: Thanks for the advice. I do think Tacori uses better diamonds. i believe Tacori used F-G and VS diamonds. The Christopher design that i tried on was I and SI, but i can't hardly tell due to the size of the diamonds.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a real matchy matchy freak and I would go crazy if I didn't have the matching Tacori band that to me looks gorgeous with your ring!

gigico

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have finally placed an order on my band. I decided to go with the Tacori b/c in the end I do want my band and ering to look more like a matching set. The Christopher designs ring can probably be my anniversay ring down the road or something. But the problem now is that I had to send my Engagement ring to Tacori while they work on my wedding band b/c they want to make sure the diamonds on both rings do match. I miss having my ring  It's been only a couple days, I still have 4-6 weeks to go..... Sigh

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made an excellent choice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you made a wise choice too!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results