shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my girlfriends E-ring today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Today as I was leaving the house the Fed Ex truck pulled up and delivered the ring from Blue Nile. It is a .45 ct round brilliant ideal cut J color SI1. It is a solitare setting. I will post real pictures of the ring when I get a chance here is a picture from their website.
This may be rambling on a bit, but I am excited.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
oooh pretty! can't wait to see pics

Joe M

Rough_Rock
It isn't a huge diamond but my girlfriend has really small hands. I got her a 1.39 ct ring under her guidance. It was an H color and we didnt like the clarity. So I has a ring made myself on blue nile.

I am selling this ring if anyone is intrested. I put it up on ebay. I am so happy with the Blue nile ring, and I dont even get to wear it.
twirl.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a little confused. Which is your GF's ring? The .45ct pictured in the first post, or the 1+ct listed above? So, are you keeping one and selling one on ebay? They are both very pretty rings, by the way.

Joe M

Rough_Rock
The Blue Nile ring pictured in the first post is my girlfriends engagement ring, as soon as I purpose.

The second ring is the one I am looking to sell. Thanks you for your comments.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Joe. I think you will be happy with the better clarity. Good luck selling the old ring!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clearing that up! The ring that you're planning on giving to your GF is very lovely. I'm sure she'll love it. I hope to see a picture of it on her finger soon!!!
1.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I am glad to hear that you are so excited with the new ring and happier with it. Good luck with everything!

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I love the second ring, I cant wait for work to be over so I can take pics.

A little OT but do you guys know anywhere I can sell that ring, besides Ebay?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joe...run a search on selling diamonds here on PScope...there are lots of old threads with some advice. You should be prepared to take alot less than you paid for the ring. Esp with I3 clarity and that kind of cut...the diameter on that stone is more like a 1.20c stone, not a 1.39c..so the diamond effectively looks much smaller than it should. Combine that with the I3 and the EGL grade...I would really roughly estimate on eBay you would be looking at at something like netting something like $500-700. eBay people are deal hunters.

Here is an old auction that ended last week that is very similar and sold for around $590.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2695962314&category=42948

There was another one that sold for $800 that was G/H color and I3 and one more that was H I3 for $400. So average may be around $500-600.

Or you can try consignment at a jeweler but with the type of quality, chances are they would not really take it, a pawn shop may give you 15% of your purchase, private sale through classifieds or Craigs List may be an option. Unfortunately it's hard to re-sell a diamond!

Good luck! Love the new ring. Beautiful and much better!
2.gif

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Well if I get 430-500 for it I will be happy. I actually paid 400 plus shipping originally. Purchasing that ring was a rookie mistake and I was blinidng by the fact that my girlfriend found it and said she wanted it.

I will look into what you said Mara.Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you get the original ring? You should be able to get that $400 back if not a little more, from the looks of similar auctions. Very good news!
1.gif
Good luck!

Joe M

Rough_Rock
The ring was purchased on Ebay. I just found out it sold today for 450$. I took pictures of the new ring but they honeslty do not do the new ring and justice. It is so shiny in real life. I will try the magnifying glass trick later. I cant get my digital camera to show the ring as it is.

This was taken withut flash under a little light. I will get a better pic.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on selling the first ring. Your new one looks very firey!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that new stone looks lovely.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new ring...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results