shape
carat
color
clarity

I GOT IT!!!! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all who helped me with my questions before! My husband surprized me with this baby yesterday:

Carat Weight: 3.03ct
Clarity: VS1
Color: H
Shape: round brilliant
Cut External
Polish: GIA ~ Excellent
Symmetry: GIA ~ Excellent
Proportions: AGS ~ Ideal
Cut Internal
Symmetry ~ Hearts & Arrows
Light Return ~ Excellent
BrillianceScope
White Light Return ~ High
Colored Light Return ~ Very High
Scintillation ~ Very High

Clarity Analysis
Ultra clean VS1 diamond. You''ll have to go to the zooms to see it.
Weight: 3.04 Carat
Diameter: 9.405 9.40-9.42 mm
Diam. Dev.: 0.2 % Ex
Table Size: 55 % Ex
Total Depth: 60.7% Ex
Crown Angle: 34.0 ° Ex
CrownHeight: 15.1 % 1.42 mm
Pavil. Angle: 40.8 °
Pavil. Depth: 43.0 % Ex
CuletSize: 0.4 % Ex Very Small
Girdle Min: 0.43 % VG Very Thin
Girdle Max: 1.17 % Ex Thin
Girdle Deduction: Ex 1
Star/Upper Ratio: 57 : 43 Ex
Proportion Grade: VERY GOOD

We paid approx $34,000

What do you think? My question is-Do you recommend a six prong setting for such a size or can you go with a 4? and will the diamond show more sparkle if it has a sort of open bottom setting or one in which light can get in on the side-like a tension mounting or is that all for looks and all that matters is that light gets in at the top? and lastly do have to have thick prongs for this size? i want it in a platinum setting.
thank you everyone

RHINO ROCKS!!!!!

love.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
You are so lucky!
Enjoy your wonderful diamond!

PS: 4 prongs is enough, if it is well done.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

What a monster!
9.gif

I'd go for a nice, wide band w/ 4 prongs or, even better, a 8 prongs setting. I think it would work nicely for such a big (and beautiful
1.gif
), showing it enough yet giving it the necessary safety!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!! Ok, we need PICTURES of this beauty, ASAP!!!!

(Drool drool)
eek.gif
appl.gif
naughty.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about the impact on the light and reflection, but I have always thought that the 6 prong setting really highlighted the round shape of the round brilliant stones, expecially the larger ones like yours. I think the 4 prongs settings tend to square-off the ring, even tho there are some beautiful ones these days, as you can see in this forum.

I'd be interested in hearing from the experts if the 6 prongs negatively affect the brillance of the stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray--I agree..rounder looks better with 6 prongs though I have seen very thin-pronged 4's that look great and round as well. Too thick of the prongs is what makes the round diamonds look more squarish. It's a visual preference thing..enhance the round or give it a slight look of square.

I think Giangi's idea of a split prong 8 is great...esp for a larger stone. That thing should look like heaven when set!! Finding a 3c that scores excellently as this one does is amazing!!
1.gif

On your Q for tension vs prong vs basket and similar, go with what you like from a visual perspective. As long as you stay away from something like a bezel since you are seeking maximum light return--you should be fine. One thing I would suggest about prongs, is that if you get a V type head, make sure that the stone is not touching the V prongs inside. Otherwise its harder to clean the stone, plus I love the look of the 'floating' stone as just held by the prongs. Hope that makes sense. I think it allows alot of light to get in but still gives it a classic look. Our stone is set like this.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with hoorray. I would go six, especially for that size. Like Mara implid when the prongs are substantial they make they square-off the stone. I would imagine for a four prong setting for this size stone you would want substance so I would go six to keep the roundness.

Mara, does that make sense or did I misunderstand something?

BTW, I can't wait to see this baby in a setting. Congrats!!!!! Major congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results