shape
carat
color
clarity

I got another quote on my future ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I emailed Lesley about the CM setting, and heard back today:

Hi Missie,

Thanks for resending the e-mail. I did get it and apologize for not getting back to you. That setting is GORGEOUS - I love bezels. The price for the custom made piece in 18K white gold with a rose gold bezel will be $1495 - it will be designed using CAD and then the whole rose gold bezel will be hand made and finished along with the ring once it has been cast.

Sooo, this is $600 more than the yg CM. I''m not sure that CM would do wg shank and rg bezel. All the bezels I''ve seen on the site are platinum. (I''m still confused about will they or won''t they use my stone as well). Should I ask CM about changing the gold colors? Or would you just spend the extra money? Or I could always just stick w/the original yellow gold/platinum bezel.

Ohh all this fussing over a ring that I don''t even have the stone for..talk about planning ahead!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. I''d call Caleb at least to hear what he says, ya know?

But that BGD with the rose gold sounds so yummy. I''ve really been jonsing for some rose gold though.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I have two things to say - you can never ask too many question and you should never settle for something that you don''t LOVE, epsecially when it comes to your e-ring. Over and out
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ouch.. that is a pretty big price difference!

I would email CM and see what he can do for you. It''s always best to get it from the creator, when possible. And in this case, it is actually cheaper too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I emailed CM again just now, so we''ll see what they say! Thanks for your input guys! Argh-I feel like a little pest!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 2:54:24 AM
Author: ma re
I have two things to say - you can never ask too many question and you should never settle for something that you don''t LOVE, epsecially when it comes to your e-ring. Over and out
2.gif
ditto ma re..
Its going to be stunning either way you choose to go.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T! I''ll let you guys know what I find out!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won’t know until you ask and there’s no harm in asking CM if he can change the metal type. Since he’s a master of bezels, I’d pocket the $600 savings and bask the fine workmanship that I know I’ll be getting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s true Chrono! I''m excited to hear back from them and find out one way or t''other!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, so I''ve emailed CM twice now about changing gold colors and not heard back.

I went ahead over the weekend and emailed JM about Coati''s ring..unplated wg w/rose gold bezel and wraps. I''ve been glued to the computer today *refresh refresh refresh* on my email. I got a reply back just now! It would be $1200, so just $300 more than the CM. He said he''d like to see the stone first when I get it, before making a final decision about gold colors b/c the rg might diminish the impact of the lavender.

So, I''ve got a couple ways to go now and am super excited!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what’s going on with CM. AJ has experience very poor responses or none at all. Maybe you can hint to JM about how off-putting CM’s lack of customer service is. I’m glad that JM was very quick and that you’ll be getting it set soon. I would trust JM’s eye and if he says the RG isn’t good, I’m sure he’ll come up with a better alternative. I’m very impressed with JM after reading so many great PS experiences with him.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to say something, but I didn''t know how or what.

I don''t even have the stone yet! *blush* I like to have my ducks in a row early tho. Sometimes I wish I hadn''t gotten my heart set on a color that''s so hard to find-but I know when Barry finally finds the rough it will be so worth it!

Yes, I will definitely trust Jim''s eye as to gold colors. Who knows, he may say all unplated wg or yellow instead. Even if he doesn''t like the idea of rg bezel, the wraps prolly could still be rg.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heard back from CM today. Won''t do wg/rg bezel. Will do all rose gold but no wg. As much as I adore that setting, I think they''re just not the right place for me. I don''t know if it''s b/c I ask a jillion questions, or b/c I''m asking a jillion questions about a ring that won''t be in the cards for prolly 6 months to a year.

Regardless, I''ve got the quote from JM and I''ve been reading thru all the past threads, Coati''s, AJ''s, Beach''s etc, writing down specs on sizes and saving pictures. I think my eyes are going to plop right out of my head from scrolling and staring at the computer all day!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 7:03:15 PM
Author: packrat
Heard back from CM today. Won''t do wg/rg bezel. Will do all rose gold but no wg. As much as I adore that setting, I think they''re just not the right place for me. I don''t know if it''s b/c I ask a jillion questions, or b/c I''m asking a jillion questions about a ring that won''t be in the cards for prolly 6 months to a year.

Regardless, I''ve got the quote from JM and I''ve been reading thru all the past threads, Coati''s, AJ''s, Beach''s etc, writing down specs on sizes and saving pictures. I think my eyes are going to plop right out of my head from scrolling and staring at the computer all day!
lol....
keep hacking away and saving those pictures, before too long something will come up exactly perfect for you. I made a few vendors crazy with all my questions, and my whirlwind mind changes after I committed to a project
23.gif
then getting cold feet. But now i''m at peace with my decision and just waiting for the final product... awww a relief. I hope it comes for you soon too. can''t wait for your ring. btw did you get your gem yet? pink/lavender?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, no stone yet! Once I have the stone (lavender spinel) I''ll just send it to JM and go from there. I saved pics of AJ''s new OMC b/c (well, first off the thing is drop dead gorgeous) I love the shape of it, and I think that''s a good size and shape for me..maybe a hair bigger but not much I don''t think.

I set up a separate JM folder today, and I haunted (more like stalked) his site, saving pictures of rings like Coati''s but w/non round stones to get a feel for what it will look like.

And a folder for rose gold bands to wear w/it too!

I''m a bit obsessed I think. So, sooner or later there will be a thread: "Which future wedding band to wear with the future new engagement ring I don''t have a stone for yet."

I''m so blasted excited to get started I could wet myself. That might be all the mocha frappuccinos I''ve had today tho.

Hey, did I miss someplace what you decided on?? It''s to replace your bezel set right?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 8:52:46 PM
Author: packrat
Nope, no stone yet! Once I have the stone (lavender spinel) I''ll just send it to JM and go from there. I saved pics of AJ''s new OMC b/c (well, first off the thing is drop dead gorgeous) I love the shape of it, and I think that''s a good size and shape for me..maybe a hair bigger but not much I don''t think.

I set up a separate JM folder today, and I haunted (more like stalked) his site, saving pictures of rings like Coati''s but w/non round stones to get a feel for what it will look like.

And a folder for rose gold bands to wear w/it too!

I''m a bit obsessed I think. So, sooner or later there will be a thread: ''Which future wedding band to wear with the future new engagement ring I don''t have a stone for yet.''

I''m so blasted excited to get started I could wet myself. That might be all the mocha frappuccinos I''ve had today tho.

Hey, did I miss someplace what you decided on?? It''s to replace your bezel set right?
yummy
18.gif
I''m so excited for you too Packrat! can''t wait for your thread on the new ring. No you didn''t miss a thread, I haven''t announced it yet, waiting for the actual ring to be done wont be until Aug, my bezel is no more, my local jeweler is making me a solitaire with double prongs instead with their patent ring shape kinda like a euro shank but the whole thing is more of a squarish shank so it sits better without spinning.. the whole thing will be of course yellow gold, hope it turns out ok, otherwise I''m just going to cry again!
39.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh that sounds awesome D&T! You''ll be chomping at the bit by the time August rolls around!

I appreciate all your encouragement w/my ongoing saga!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results