shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a new wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I have a wedding band almost exactly like the one Leota just bought except that it was 1 ctw. I have fat, size 6 1/4 fingers though! Anyway, the diamonds were sawing into the prongs of my ering, so I got a new wedding band. It's a channel set 2.5mm eternity band. I got it for $375 on ebay (including shipping)! I had it checked out and it is the platinum and diamond band I was expecting. The walls of the channel aren't too thick and it is very well made. I was wearing my five stone ring alone, so now I'm happy to be able to wear them both together. I'm wearing my old wedding band on the ring finger of my right hand now.

I just wanted to share with people who would understand my excitement. My husband is happy that I'm happy with it, but doesn't understand my obsession with looking at my set in different light, at different angles etc
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
congradualtions!! will we be getting some pics???

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats. let's see thos pic's...
wacko.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I have to wait for my husband to be on call again so that I can take some. He's always wondering what it is I'm doing here when I already HAVE all the diamonds I'm going to get for several years (until he finishes residency) unless my parents get me some (in which case I don't really get to pick them anyway)!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
congratz on ur new wedding band sxn
5.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, is he not on call yet? Come on, we're dying to see it!

michelejo

Rough_Rock
One, whose fingers are you calling fat? (I wear an 8!!
rolleyes.gif
LOL!)

Two, can you share the name of the eBay seller? Sounds like a great deal!
22.gif

Three, where are the pics!!??
naughty.gif

appl.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
I agree, I'd like to know the seller, as I was out looking at small eternity bands this weekend and didn't find anything for under $1000 -- and that was in 14K. Your price sounds great. Do tell!

Kris

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I found out about the seller on Diamondtalk. I lurk over there, but don't post because I am anti giving my credit card number! Here's the link:

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44891

The ebay listing is for white gold, so I emailed him and asked what it would be for platinum. He's very willing to customize. It's not the best quality I've ever seen in my life (keep in mind that I am a big fat snob!), but it is very good and certainly better pave than the mall or anything. He has some lovely pieces on his site, but I am putting a moratorium on myself right now!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
sxn675, I think your moratorium sounds more like self imposed torture.
eek.gif
You are going to have to step back and quit thinking diamonds for a while if you are going to make it though this degree!
errrr.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!
2.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info! I had read that thread over there and my interest was piqued, I even e-mailed the guy -- but it just seems too good to be true -- the 18K gold ring is only $200. That just seems soooo low -- I may have to try it, though. I called Tiffany yesterday and they want $1850 for the same thing (1 pt stones, full eternity band).

Thanks for the info.... I'm definitely getting closer to giving him a try!

Kris

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 1/12/2004 8:34:48 PM lop wrote:

sxn675, I think your moratorium sounds more like self imposed torture.
eek.gif
You are going to have to step back and quit thinking diamonds for a while if you are going to make it though this degree!
errrr.gif
----------------

Tell me about it! I haven't gotten in yet though, so when/if I do, I will have to cut down on my drooling
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results