shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a job offer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I got a job offer! Woo hoo!!

36.gif
Tenure-track faculty position! I am finally going to be a professor for real! LOL!

It isn''t from my top top choice school, they are still deliberating, but it is a really great school near my family on the west coast, and I would be very happy there!

It has taken three years on the academic job market to reach this point, and I cannot even begin to say how happy I am. I cried when I got the e-mail telling me that an offer was on the way! I still need to wait a week probably to hear whether my top choice will make me an offer, but at least now I know I will not be unemployed next year! After so long, and the SIX MONTH long process of applying and interviewing, this is just so wonderful.

I feel especially lucky that the stars--and my publication record
2.gif
--aligned this year since academia has been hit by the same recession that has affected so many of us. The timing is also really good because now I can have my baby in a few weeks without worrying what will happen to our family in the future!

Thanks for letting me share, I haven''t been so happy about anything in my entire life... 11 years of higher education and 2 years as a researcher have finally led me to my dream job!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamer!!! We need to throw you a PS party. You''ve worked so hard and were so patient waiting!!

Congrats girl!!!
curtsey.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulation dreamer! That is great news!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! COngrats Dreamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
That is so awesome Dreamer! I''m so thrilled for you, you so deserve to have your dream job! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamer!!! I''m so happy for you! Would you be starting in the fall? And do we know what you would be teaching if you wouldn''t mind sharing?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS Dreamer, this is such excellent news!!! I am so happy for you!!! Woohoo!!!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dreamer! I can''t even imagine how proud you are of yourself. Heck, I am quite proud of you!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Super-D-dooper! Congrats
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
WHOOO HOOO DD!!!

I''m so happy for you!

Is this the one you wanted the most, of the three main interviews you''ve had?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s WONDERFUL!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Go Dreamer, go! Go Dreamer, go! Congratulations mama!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome news Dreamer! Congratulations!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Congratuations!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Dreamer I am SO SO happy for you!!!!! I know how rough it is out there, CONGRATS!!!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Woooohooo Dreamer! That''s awesome - congrats!!
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Let''s break out the bubbly!!
35.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Yipee!!!
36.gif
Well done DD! We''re all very proud of you and could not be happier.

My fingers are crossed that the other schools extend an offer as well.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, DREAMER! Sounds like a great offer, too!!

Very happy for you and sending dust your way for an easy transition!!

1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just read the WHOLE post you made instead of just the first exciting bit, and I see it''s not your top top choice, but still a school you''d love to be at.

So YAY again!
36.gif

Hope you hear from your "top top" school soon soon!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DD, I''m so excited for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS! This is fantastic!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo....congrats DD!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! As a former academic, I know how horrible the market is - and this year is worse than it''s been in a while.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yayyyy DD! Soooo exciting...congrats congrats! Everything is falling into place...we all knew it would work out ;-) so happy for ya!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Well done DD! So many hiring freezes down here in the US, you have to really be fantastic to score a ttp in this climate. But we all know you are outstanding! hugs and hopes for your top choice too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats DD!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats DD. This is going to be a great year for you!
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We are just so happy. As I mentioned, this is my third year on the job market so it has been a long time coming! This is a tough year for getting academic jobs, too... about half the jobs in the US were cancelled after they were posted, which we have never seen before! My preference was to stay in Canada, which made it even more challenging since there are so few school here compared to the US, and many US candidates applied here this year because of the situation with hiring freezes at US schools. All of the positions I applied to had well over 100 applicants from around the world. In some ways, the fact that it took three years to get a job helped me because my publication record and teaching experience was just that much better.

Date: 2/3/2009 5:52:08 PM
Author: Sabine
Yay Dreamer!!! I''m so happy for you! Would you be starting in the fall? And do we know what you would be teaching if you wouldn''t mind sharing?
I will be looking for a deferral until January to allow me to take 10 months of maternity leave, and I suspect that the school will okay that. They knew I was pregnant when I interviewed at 34 weeks
3.gif
, and since mat leave in Canada is typically 12 months, I think they will expect me to ask for some type of deferral. And not to get too specific about my field, but I would be a professor in the Psychology department!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 7:19:17 PM
Author: neatfreak
Oh Dreamer I am SO SO happy for you!!!!! I know how rough it is out there, CONGRATS!!!!!
I thought you would understand Neat! When do you go on the market? You must have a few more years left, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results