shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a cuddle clone!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have a giant breed dog who is getting along in his old age. Recently he was limping and had to be seen by the vet who said everything was ok but that he’s getting old for his breed and he probably can’t run and jump and play like before.

Feeling somewhat sad I started looking on the internet for “how to turn your pets ashes into a diamond”. Morbid but really, I’m an almost 10 year veteran of PS, who is surprised?

A few related clicks later I found a site that would make custom plush toys of your pet if you sent a bunch of pictures and they seemed to be a company with heart. I decided to splurge on this rather silly seeming indulgence because I’ve never been able to find a stuffed leonberger toy (most stuffed dog toys are lab or spaniel types I’ve seen). And I decided something that looked like my good boy that I could cuddle would be a great way to commemorate him when the time comes.

So I sent a bunch of photos as requested, specified the pose and here it is!

It’s far from an exact replica but I’m overall pleased that they captured the “essence” of him.

Just wanted to share in case this was of interest to their pet owners. Or if you had a friend who lost a pet recently and might like this idea. It’s almost like taxidermy but less creepy?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very impressed, it does resemble your dog, down to the color of the fur and pose....Thanks for sharing!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha it’s not life sized but that’s probably for the best.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, it turned out really well! I think there's quite a resemblance, very sweet! :love: And your precious doggie is such a sweetheart, love him <3

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about buying one myself... glad to see you like it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah i was torn about spending so much money on a “toy” but they were having a 15% off sale and I searched around for other plushie leonbergers and they were actually more expensive. Like in the 200$ range. This was actually reasonably priced for a custom plush toy.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's amazing! I don't think I could do that though. It would make me so sad to look at, because it seems so realistic.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s pretty cool!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.my.goodness.

That is SO COOL!!!:appl:

My dog would bark and bite it but thats cool! (she can be very jealous of of other dogs near me)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it’ll make me sad, at least not in a bad way.
I’ve had dogs pass before from old age and when I would look at photos of them afterwards it would just make me smile and go “aw”. It would tugs at my heart strings but in a nice way that was reassuring that I’d never lose the memory of all the joy of them.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww! What a cutie...both, really. I’m glad you are happy and hope that your cuddle clone will make you smile for years to come!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh MTG that is such a sweet thing. Your post had me near tears because my beloved Nic is having a very hard time and nearing 12 which is getting very old for a Chow. I don't know how I would feel about this kind of thing yet and need to think on it. I lay down with him often just snuggling. Can you share the company who made this please as I might want to check it out?

Edit - I just googled the cuddle clone and that was the name. :rolleyes:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it’ll make me sad, at least not in a bad way.
I’ve had dogs pass before from old age and when I would look at photos of them afterwards it would just make me smile and go “aw”. It would tugs at my heart strings but in a nice way that was reassuring that I’d never lose the memory of all the joy of them.

That is how I feel when I look at or touch my stone paw prints. It is a connection to happy memories for me. (Similar to the plaster imprint but not something I can break! Laser cut rock.)

Beautiful cuddle buddy, btw!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cute!!!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s lovely. I know a lady who makes Spinone, and they’re much more expensive. I had a look at the site, and it looks like there’s a Korthal, which is quite similar.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is how I feel when I look at or touch my stone paw prints. It is a connection to happy memories for me. (Similar to the plaster imprint but not something I can break! Laser cut rock.)

Beautiful cuddle buddy, btw!

Aw I like this idea too! Although I am not much of a decorator. Not sure if I went this route that I’d ever find a place to display it.
Nice thing about my mini bear is that I basically use it as another pillow lol.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks arkieb1! I’m pretty chuffed with it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw I like this idea too! Although I am not much of a decorator. Not sure if I went this route that I’d ever find a place to display it.
Nice thing about my mini bear is that I basically use it as another pillow lol.

Mine are just sitting on a table right now. I'm thinking of doing a garden bench or something with them around and pretty flowers.

danusia

Rough_Rock
I had a cuddle clone done of my dog last year after she died. The replica is amazing and because she was a 15 lb dog, the cuddle clone was the same size she was.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a cuddle clone done of my dog last year after she died. The replica is amazing and because she was a 15 lb dog, the cuddle clone was the same size she was.

Aw, that sounds lovely. I couldn’t reasonably get a life size replica. But I like to think it looks like him when he was a puppy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, it really does look a lot like him! I dont think your dog is an easy image to capture either. They did a nice job.
Hoping that your boy stays relatively healthy and holds out for a while.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results