shape
carat
color
clarity

I get to start a WF project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvovals

Rough_Rock

First thanks to everyone who responds and gives such great informatio - it is really helpful to those of us without much experience. I''m mostly a lurker as I''ve never had a project of my own but now i do!

Ok - backstory. Like most newlyweds , my husband and I were just graduated college students with some debt to pay off. I did not want him to take on more debt by financing a ring so I told him i didn''t need one. BUt, like most girls i couldn''t stop myself from looking at them. I know some will frown on this but its what we could do - We decided to have a ring made at a local jewler and he put in very good "fakes". It was a 5 stone ring and my husband and i decided five years was enough time to pay off the debt and be in a better position for the purchase, (I''m so glad we waited because I have learned so much from this site and I can''t imagine what i would have ended up with). We decicded he could replace a stone a year saving the center for the 5th year. Well, the first year my DH replaced all four of the smaller stones. So, I''ve been waiting patiently as we''ve saved for the stone and other things have come up that we had to put the funds towards. After an expense caused by a stupid action of my husband last year, I decided I wanted to try and get my new stone by October of this year whic would be our 4 year anniversary. My husband again surprised me and told me he was planning on getting it for my birthday (in APRIL) instead of waiting til October cause i think he really felt bad about the expense he caused us last year. (He got a DUI (was right at the limit) but thankfully as he had no other incidents or anything, he will have a clean record soon). Anyway, i was pretty upset by it and I think he knew i''d been very understanding.

So, now I''ve started my project with WF. I plan to stick with the 5 stone look in WG and am going to make my center stone around 1 carat oval. But, i wanted a little *somethign* extra. I saw the WF "full of surprises" ring and thought that might be a great idea. Just a little sparkle on the crown. I''m really traditional and I like the way my current small stones are set and the width of the band. I plan on eventually getting a 5 stone diamond band to pair with it but that will come later - I''ve gotten quite a list of "future purchases" going thanks to PS! I''m going to post pictures of my current ring and a couple I''ve looked at for inspiration. I do not know how to post multiple photos so please bear with me.

Can anyone with Photoshop capabilities work me up an "idea" of what this might look like? I open for opinions on why you do or don''t like htis idea or any other suggestions to make it better. I don''t want to spend ton on the setting so I can put most of the budget towards the ring. The price of the WF ring is doable and I was even going to see about possibly doing a pre-made and adding the crown - but i don''t even know if this is an option as i''m waiting to hear back from WF.

When I get to the stage of actually looking at stones you can bet I''ll be asking for opinions on those as well. Thanks to all the experts who help out! Here''s the photos.

#7resized.jpg

luvovals

Rough_Rock
Photo #2

#10resized.jpg

luvovals

Rough_Rock
Another inspiration besides WF but i don''t care for the milgrain i don''t think.

withmilgrainresized.jpg

luvovals

Rough_Rock
I'll try this again and post later. Thx.

Saraav#7resized9865.jpg

luvovals

Rough_Rock
Try try again.

Saraold ring 1544126.JPG

luvovals

Rough_Rock
I think i''ve got it. Please look at my old set and give me your opinions on the changes I''d like to make.

old ring 3.jpg

luvovals

Rough_Rock
Bump for myself because I really want some input. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results