shape
carat
color
clarity

I get my ring tomorrow - what to look for on pickup?

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To all the dear posters and lurkers who've helped me get this far I'm suddenly really nervous about picking up the ring tomorrow. Since I've never bought or worn any jewelry I am asking pricescopers advice. Is it normal to be anxious - what if I don't like it as much as I thought I would?

The ring will come with an appraisal from the jeweler and the diamond certificates (diamonds are engraved). The jeweler has an exchange policy if I'm not happy with the ring for any reason. The jeweler offered to take the ring for independent appraisal before delivery but I didn't feel it was worth it given the value (and it's not an e-ring).

How can I manage my expectations and avoid a last minute change of mind?

When I see the ring, is there anything I should be examining before final payment/delivery?

Finalview2.png

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
First impressions count. If do not love it when you first see it, try to get it fixed immediately. I had a semi-custom ring made, and I tried to warm up to it instead of addressing an issue I saw in a photo before it was sent to me. It worked out in the end, but only after months of agonizing over it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results