shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my Engagement ring! Please tell me if this is a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kris30

Rough_Rock
I'm sooo excited. I went to a bunch of jewelers today and fell in love with a setting and stone at a family owned local jewelers near me. The setting is .37 H color SI1 round diamonds on the band in a platinum setting with a 6 prong. The band is 2.7 mm which I thought sounded thicker than it looked. I loved the thin band on the Ritani that I also tried on today but this thicker one actually looked better on my hand and soooo sparkly. The center diamond that I chose is .84 H color and SI3 clarity. The cut is good but not premium because it has a thin girdle and the dimensions are not perfect. Actually, the part at the bottom of the diamond is thin looking and the top is more wide and flat. Not sure what that is? However it sparkles like crazy and is eye clean. It had less inclusions on the loop as the premium cut .75 that I looked at and its less expensive. It has a flat looking top with the same width etc as a carat so it looks like a carat. Is it bad that it has a thin girdle with a flatter top though? I can tell you it looked sooo gorgeous and sparkly when he put it in the ring. Anyway the setting and stone are both %20 off so the stone is $2200 and the band is $766 which keeps us right in our budget. I dont have pics yet but this is what it looks like... I am going back next friday to put the deposit down and I will take pics then. I like the fact that its a local jeweler and they have a layaway plan which works for us,otherwise I would go with online. Does it sound like a good deal?

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/The--Legato--with-Shared-Prong_1058.htm#

legato.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Possible that there''s a durability risk.

kris30

Rough_Rock
a risk with the stone because of the thin girdle?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thin girdle coupled with flat crown. might get an expert opinion.

kris30

Rough_Rock
Maybe I should go with the smaller .74 carat stone. It was a premium cut and the other dimensions looked good. It was 100 or so dollars more but although I would like a larger stone for less I dont want it to be bad dimensions etc. It did look nice though.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, it sounds like the other one really spoke to you. buy insuarance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results