shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my dress...on the first trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I am so thrilled. As many of you know, I was very apprehensive about dress shopping and was considering having one made in red/black.

Well, I can proudly present my dress to you. I don''t have pictures of me in it yet but at my first fitting I am sure they will let me take a picture, especially as we have paid in full for it already.

I am a plus size so was worried anything would look horrid. I am usually a dress size 26 on bottom but they got me into one that was a size 20 and it almost fit. The first one I tried on was a gorgeous ivory one with a long chapel length train and gorgeous red beading and detailing. The second was also ivory and red but not as nice on me at all.

This one was the third dress I tried on. I had seen it last night online and had stopped to gasp at how pretty it was but dismissed it as I thought it would look horrid on me. They just brought this one to me by chance while I was in the fitting room and as she was putting it on me I was feeling very hopeful about it. I have no idea what size it is, I didn''t ask and I don''t care. All I know is that it fit me like a glove, except the bust which needs taking in as it was gaping! The picture shows it in white but mine is ivory. Also, those straps are being made into a halter neck for me.

I go for my first proper fitting in June.

Without further ado...MY DRESS:

mydresssqueeeee.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fab! I love it. Can''t wait to see pics when you get to try it on again.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks bee!

It looks SO pretty on me.

I just thought I might regret it in 30 years or so if I didn''t wear a traditional white or ivory dress.

I was SO surprised at how much it sucked me in and what a lovely shape it gave me. No bulges at all. It''s nice and lightweight too.

I just LOVE the tulle inserted panel and the cystal brooch. The beading is so delicate and cute too!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Awww!!! Merry that''s sooo pretty I LOVE IT! I want to see pics of you in the dress. Guess we have to wait.
7.gif
I''m keeping my fingers crossed your dress will come in early so we can get pretty pictures :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was the same when I went to try on dresses.I was so afraid of them not fitting me but they actually looked great on (so modest
3.gif
). I could wear them every day!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:33:13 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Awww!!! Merry that''s sooo pretty I LOVE IT! I want to see pics of you in the dress. Guess we have to wait.
7.gif
I''m keeping my fingers crossed your dress will come in early so we can get pretty pictures :)

We actually bought the sample dress as it was such a great fit (apart from the big bust!!) and got £100 off the cost of it, which paid for the veil.

So it is in storage at the boutique until I go for my first fitting in June. They said I can go and "visit" it anytime! haha

The money we saved paid for the veil. We ordered the one they used on me as a example today as it looked SO nice with the dress. A two tiered long veil with scattered diamantes. Simple and pretty. It matched the tulle of the panel and straps of the dress perfectly too!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so jealous...i went shopping about a million times. You are so lucky!!! and that dress is gorgeous! when can we see a picture of you in it????

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:52:16 PM
Author: violet3
I am so jealous...i went shopping about a million times. You are so lucky!!! and that dress is gorgeous! when can we see a picture of you in it????

June hopefully.

And thank you :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Congratulations on finding your dress! It''s beautiful!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Dress looks lovely - so glad you found one you love!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That looks so lovely! I''m so glad that you were able to find something you love and I can''t wait to see you in it!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so excited for you - congrats! :)

such a pretty dress! i''m glad you found it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That dress is beautiful. That''s so exciting that you already found a dress. Sounds like it was meant for you!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful gown! I love the sleeves and pickup in the skirt! Yay for finding the one!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Go you, finding a dress so quickly. It is very pretty. I like all the sparkley bits.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!
36.gif
36.gif

I look forward to pics of you in it! My fave part is the tulle inserted panel as well - way cool detail!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! I remember your posts about possibly wanting something unconventional, and you had a lot of ideas with the black and red (which were really cool too by the way!)... But I hear ya with wanting to look at the pictures in 30 years. I thought I wanted something with some color in it (or a slightly colored dress all over) - but when I went to my very first place last weekend, I looked at them in person, and they just looked like prom dresses to me. I ended up with an all ivory dress too, also on my first visit! Well, it was the second day because the tour was leaving town, but still was my first dress shopping. It''s so exciting! I''m glad you found one you love and that makes you feel great!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait for pictures! Hehe you should go visit it
31.gif
soon and get us some!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
It''s absolutely beautiful! Can''t wait to see more pics!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merrymunky, I absolutely love your dress! The net sleeves are so cute, and the brooch is so chic!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress it is beautiful, I can''t wait to see pics of you in it
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding the dress so easily! I am sure looks great on you! I hope the rest of your wedding planning goes as easily!
36.gif
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone.

I am so happy with my choice.

We are having a red and black theme for the wedding so I will be wearing (if they fit when they arrive) red and black satin shoes!

I''ll find a picture of them later :D

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
wow! it looks great on you! Congrats!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:23:43 AM
Author: merrymunky
Thanks everyone.

We are having a red and black theme for the wedding so I will be wearing (if they fit when they arrive) red and black satin shoes!

Congratulations on finidng the dress, it looks great on you. Will you please post the shoes when they come in!?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:23:43 AM
Author: merrymunky
Thanks everyone.

Love the dress, merrymunky! You are so fortunate that you were able to find it on your first whirl!
I love the sassy red & black satin shoe idea ... definitely a great way to spice it up and add some personality!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:58:16 AM
Author: mintve
wow! it looks great on you! Congrats!
That''s not me in the picture. I am twice the width of that girl! haha.

I am probably going to be waiting for the shoes for a couple of weeks. I just want it to be August already.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
MerryMunky i''m so glad you found a dress you love that loves you and your curves if you know what i mean. I am a plus size gal myself and finding the right dress for me wasnt easy either but when i did it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, i imagine you feel much the same.... Anyways i hope you post pics of yourself in your wedding dress when you get it if your not to shy to do so.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty dress! I''ve always been a fan of cap sleeves... I think they''re classic and elegant. Great choice!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous dress!!! It''s going to be so flattering on a curvy figure. Can''t wait to see pics!!!
36.gif
It''s so exciting when you find your dress isn''t it?!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results