shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally made a canvas! Now a little help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
So I got my act together and put together a VERY rudimentary canvas... most of it is set already, like my dress (back view is a model, obviously), the girls'' dresses and the location. I think I''m accenting the teal with gold, because of the gold that''s in the theater (curtain edging, molding detail, etc.)The centerpieces will be white dendrobium orchid sprays, and the bouquets will be roses, hydrangeas, and a few orchids... very lush and romantic. Because it''s a palace theater from the 1920 where Frank Sinatra and other legends performed, I''m going for a very classic and elegant feel.

Is there another place you ladies can think of that I could add some more gold in?

And more importantly, what do you think of the overall look so far? Is it cohesive, or can I improve it? I''d love the help... my aesthetic sense is not very well developed!!
5.gif

katywicanvas.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You could do gold ribbons on the bouquets - yours or the BMs or both?

What about more gold accents on the tables - its sort of hard to see what they will look like from that picture.

Your dress is gorgeous!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was thinking of gold for the bouquets. And possibly gold runners on the tables or something... but then I wonder about the teal! I love the color so much, and looking at the canvas, there''s not much of that outside of the attire, either!

Argh... this is why I need you ladies
1.gif

Thanks for the dress compliment! I am so in love with it... all except the bow. I ordered it without!

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Which bridesmaid dresses are those? I am in love with them!

Do you think it''s possible to replace the ribbon/sash around the BMs dresses with gold rather than the same color as the dress itself? I think that could look really pretty!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That venue is TO DIE FOR!!! Where is it, I may have to move my wedding there.
3.gif

Hmmm what about teal linens with gold runners? That could be pricey though, I have no idea what your budget is. Teal napkins could be budget friendlier and still have a pop of color. Or you could get teal ice block thingies to go in the bottom of the vases, wrap a gold ribbon around the edge of the vase? Or dye the water teal. Gold table number frames with teal writing? That was a bunch of random ideas...

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Booswim, they''re Alfred Angelo style 6556 in Tealness. It''s so funny, because I was convinced I wanted to go with a higher-quality designer, and we spend a whole day looking at a hundred dresses, and didn''t find anything we loved. And then I''m at home, showing my mom one of the few dresses we did like, and this one was RIGHT NEXT TO IT on the website! Fate, or something! The girls still have to try them on, but visually we love them... and I''m hoping they''re for sure. I love them to pieces, and teal is just stunning ON them :) It''s not possible to get it in two colors, plus I''m not the world''s biggest fan of two colors on one dress. :) I think they''re going to wear gold shoes though, and I''m torn as to whether I want to wear gold or teal!!

sunnyd, the venue is the Orpheum Theatre in Madison, WI. It was my dream venue, the food is supposed to be FABULOUS, and I can''t even believe it was within budget! I''m a lucky girl :) The theatre is so dark that I don''t think I feel good about teal linens with gold runners, but maybe gold linens with teal runners? Although I don''t think anything but white is in the budget - the benefit to just having runners is that my mom could sew them up really quickly, and it would be much cheaper than renting everything, and we could possibly sell them later!

I do love the idea of doing something like dying the water in the vases teal, or maybe having those glass stones in them in teal? Oooh, exciting!!! And I LOVE the gold frames with teal numbers idea!! Thanks!!
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Katy!

I think this is VERY pretty - i am considering the Alfred Angelo tealness too. It''s gorgeous! I have a canvas if you''d like to check it out, with some teal colors in it (although it''s with silver, not gold) but my wedding is in winter - when is yours?

here''s the link if you''d like to look - maybe there''s something in there you''d like (i.e. teal shoes) or teal drinks! A friend of mine had a great idea to do 4 signature cocktails that mimick the "something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new" - i included the blue drink in the canvas.

http://www.bridalcanvas.com/canvas/issue/2172

As for the gold, i am going to think on that and come back!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks violet! I love your canvas! My wedding is September 4th, so it''ll still be pretty warm, hence the tea length dresses! I''m so jealous of your fur... I''m loving all the pictures and accessories I''m seeing from winter wedding girls!

Those teal shoes are adorable! I am so envious... but I think I may have to stick with gold, unless I can manage to find some good teal flats... My FI is only an inch or so taller than I am, and I don''t want to change that on our wedding day!
2.gif

Thanks for the input! I''ve been following your posts, I love your eternity ring, it''s SO gorgeous :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 2:15:23 AM
Author: KatyWI
Thanks violet! I love your canvas! My wedding is September 4th, so it'll still be pretty warm, hence the tea length dresses! I'm so jealous of your fur... I'm loving all the pictures and accessories I'm seeing from winter wedding girls!

Those teal shoes are adorable! I am so envious... but I think I may have to stick with gold, unless I can manage to find some good teal flats... My FI is only an inch or so taller than I am, and I don't want to change that on our wedding day!
2.gif

Thanks for the input! I've been following your posts, I love your eternity ring, it's SO gorgeous :)
Katy - hi! i wanted a september wedding - perfect time of year! but december was a much better time for FI work wise (he'll sort of be on vacation) and so a winter wedding it is...i'm getting excited about it though.

The BM dresses you chose are perfect for that time of year, particularly the lenght AND the fabrics and i love love love your dress. As far as the shoes go, i think the gold shoes are adoreable. If you would prefer teal to match your girls, i tried on some dyeables (which i don't typically love but are really practical for getting the color you want) at a bridal store near me, and they had very cute tiny heels and maybe even some flats
33.gif
- can't remember. But the line had great styles and some really small heels. If you are interested in checking them out, reply and i'll call there and find out who makes the shoes for you. Otherwise, the gold shoe idea is perfect! (musey's were gold flat and they were adoreable)

Thanks for the lovely comment on my ring -- i love it because its
35.gif
so easy to wear! Your ring is beautiful BTW - i love the four prong head on that diamond band!

Still thinking of gold things for you...back with inspiration later.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
how about gold runners with teal rose petals :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results