shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally have a picture of my own to share!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I''ve had my diamond in a temporary tiffany style setting for a while now, looking for a permanent home. Seeing Woobug''s pictures of her marquise finally got me off my bum and I went out and did it this week! I went to the jeweler and tried on some settings, and I thought I''d wanted a full eternity or half eternity band, but didn''t like them on my finger as much as I thought I would. My fingers are fat, and the diamonds between my fingers bothered me too much. So I ended up with an setting that has two 20 point G-H eye clean SI1 stones on either side of the center stone in basket settings. The ring is yellow gold with a platinum head. I am going to try and post pictures, I hope it works.

center stone is 1.19 carat VS1 I color marquise brilliant. ring size 6

ring.01.jpg

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a side view

ring.02.jpg

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Flower shot
1.gif

ring.03.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! Your stone looks much larger that 1.19!
9.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I have one last picture. I''m still getting the hang of taking "ring pictures". I haven''t had the ring or the camera long enough to practice.
5.gif

ring.04.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow sipper..looks like the perfect setting for you and your stone does look much bigger than 1.19 carats...

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Sipper, your ring looks great! Are you getting a matching band to go with it?

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo and leila. I think it looks pretty big, too. I''ve had the diamond for a while, and so far, no "shrinkage" issues. I actually think it looks even bigger in this setting than it did in the tiffany setting. And yes, there is a matching 5 stone band that matches back with it. The diamonds in the band are slightly bigger than the side stones in the ering...they are 25 points each. I will try to see if I can get some more pictures of the ring with the band. I will also have a plain gold band that I will probably wear with it sometimes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice of setting for your marquise! It''s beautiful!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
It looks PURTY!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Very nice and it looks much bigger than a round in the same carat weight!!!! The matching band would look great with it!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sipper, I love it
36.gif
It turned out beautiful!!!!!! I too worried about the diamonds all the way around!! You did great!!!!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
IT LOOKS HUGE!!!!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely reset, your ring is beautiful!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
the setting is lovely
it compliments your center stone perfectly

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone. I appreciate the compliments. I know marquise stones aren''t everyone''s cup of tea, but I LOVE them. And they do look large for their carat weight. That''s one of the things I love about them. More bang for the buck...lol! I''m excited. I can''t stop looking at it on my finger. I have been lurking around this site, looking for ideas, and have seen very few marquise stones here. When I saw Woobug''s, I was inspired. I had seen some promising settings on various vendor websites, but I was reluctant to send my diamond away to have it set. The local jeweler here had some nice settings, and was willing to set the my diamond on the spot (I even got to watch, that was really cool). I know I probably could have had a better deal from an online vendor and had something custom made, but I do like having a relationship with someone local who can service the ring and take care of sizing and adjustments quickly without sending my ring away.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sipper, your ring is soooo beautiful!! I love the setting, it''s perfect!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!! this is gorgeous!!!!!

I reallly really like it, congratS!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous. The stone is lovely - a nice fat shape and it looks very well suited for your hand! Congrats on getting a new setting!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice! I love the ratio of your MQ!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone. I love a fat MQ! Great setting too.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sipper ~
emrose.gif

Congratulations on your
emstar.gif
beautiful
emstar.gif
new reset!
36.gif

I
emlove.gif
the
emrose.gif
emphoto.gif
! It is so "Icy" looking! Yow!
9.gif

And I must say ... your Marquis is huge! Are you sure your not pulling our leg? It must be the divine ratio or ??? I like them on the Plumper side ... same with pears ... plumper is better for me!
2.gif

I think the diamonds in the setting really look lovely as well, are you going to get a matching band to go with it?

More
emphoto.gif
''s when you have time please!

Have a super day!
35.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
A couple of people expressed interest in seeing my ring with the band. Here it is!

DSC00352.jpg

suzi

Shiny_Rock
And here it is with my channel set eternity band RHR...I know it''s not "matchy", but I think this look is pretty, too.

DSC00351.jpg

Small

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful marquise
30.gif
30.gif
I own a marquise as well and when I found PS I was on a search to reset mine. It is set similar to yours...only 1 round and 1 baguette instead of two rounds on each side. Your marquise is really a beauty...congrats on the reset...great choice
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Sipper, your rings are so lovely. What a great reset.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A gorgeous look with both bands!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results