shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally got the upgrade diamond for my setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
The jewelry store that I bought my original diamond called me this past weekend to say that the diamond that I''m looking to upgrade to has just come in! I was upgrading from (1.26ct G/VS1 6.9mm) to (1.50 H/SI1 7.4mm).
She ordered 2 diamonds for my viewing...

1. 1.39 G/SI1 7.2mm
2. 1.50 H/SI1 7.4mm

Both are uncertified, which I don''t mind, since my old one was also uncertified. I wanted to use the same jewelry store since I get 100% upgrade from my old stone.

I brought my idealscope with me and checked both stones and the 1.39ct does not have the arrows at all and there were some leakage in the middle of the diamond. The 1.50ct has the arrows and minimal leakage and it was eye clean to me. I can''t find the inclusion unless I use the loupe. It also faces up very white, with some tint of yellow if viewed on the side. So I decided on the 1.50ct! Here are some pictures....what do you guys think of the diamond, even though it''s not certified.

IMGP2120.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pics...

IMGP2117.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Profile shots....

IMGP2126.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Shots of the inclusion...this one has the inclusion on the bottom right corner....

IMGP2086.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
This next pic shows the same inclusion to the left of the 12 oclock position...

IMGP2059.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Some idealscope shots that I took....

IMGP2085.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
This is with flash...

IMGP2071.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Some shots of my new set with my old set''s wedding ring next to it...it almost matches!

IMGP2115.JPG

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Last pic!

IMGP2153.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
My only concern is whether the diamond is set a bit high, though I know close up pictures are deceiving!
1.gif

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rascal49!

I think you''re right. Ever since I got it home...I''ve been thinking that it''s too high. If you notice the bottom of the culet, it''s sittting hight above the little circle at bottom of the head, floating in mid air. I wonder if it would look better if it''s set a little lower a bit. Also, I think the tip of the prongs are too small and too thin...I''m so afraid of hitting it and the diamond pops out. I wonder it there are any more metal in the prong left to lower the diamond a bit and to have the tips a little bit bigger.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 10:33:22 PM
Author: tweeanna
Hi Rascal49!

I think you''re right. Ever since I got it home...I''ve been thinking that it''s too high. If you notice the bottom of the culet, it''s sittting hight above the little circle at bottom of the head, floating in mid air. I wonder if it would look better if it''s set a little lower a bit. Also, I think the tip of the prongs are too small and too thin...I''m so afraid of hitting it and the diamond pops out. I wonder it there are any more metal in the prong left to lower the diamond a bit and to have the tips a little bit bigger.
I bet the diamond could be lowered. I would be afraid that with the extra height I would be hitting the diamond much more than usual. I would stop by your jeweler and see what they say
1.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 10:25:03 PM
Author: Rascal49
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
My only concern is whether the diamond is set a bit high, though I know close up pictures are deceiving!
1.gif
My thoughts exactly!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!!!!!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
It''s a sparkler, that''s for sure!!
10.gif

You done good with your Ideal Scope, Lady!!
36.gif

Enjoy your new "Perty"!!
30.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on having everything come together! The size looks great on your hand too!

I even like it with the second eternity band
31.gif
Very sparkly!

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad I bought the IdealScope from online and brought it with me. Especially knowing that I''m looking at an uncertified stone. Because without any numbers and angles and such, I have to depend on the Ideal scope to tell me about the leakage and arrows. Basically, that''s what I was mainly looking for (low leakage and arrows if any exists), since my old stone have a lot of leakage and no arrows after looking through the IdealScopt and it does not sparkle as much. And I think I lucked out with this stone, I hope! I guess I won''t know until I have it appraised so I can get the actual numbers and type it into the HCA calculator to see how rates. Thanks all for looking! If someone is looking at stones at B&M stores, BUY an IdealScope and bring it with you! You cannot tell if a stone is good or not under those store lighting unless you look it under the IdealScope. It''s an eye opener and will weed out a lot of bad cut stones for you!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 11:35:20 PM
Author: tweeanna
I''m so glad I bought the IdealScope from online and brought it with me. Especially knowing that I''m looking at an uncertified stone. Because without any numbers and angles and such, I have to depend on the Ideal scope to tell me about the leakage and arrows. Basically, that''s what I was mainly looking for (low leakage and arrows if any exists), since my old stone have a lot of leakage and no arrows after looking through the IdealScopt and it does not sparkle as much. And I think I lucked out with this stone, I hope! I guess I won''t know until I have it appraised so I can get the actual numbers and type it into the HCA calculator to see how rates. Thanks all for looking! If someone is looking at stones at B&M stores, BUY an IdealScope and bring it with you! You cannot tell if a stone is good or not under those store lighting unless you look it under the IdealScope. It''s an eye opener and will weed out a lot of bad cut stones for you!
If you want to get a Sarin on the stone, it needs to be unmounted, the last time I checked at least! But if the jeweler is going to reset the stone lower, then maybe you can take that chance to get it to an appraiser who has access to the appropriate technology. Otherwise, don''t worry about the exact numbers, you used the idealscope and definitely chose a beauty!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I think is so beautiful!! I love it with the two bands around it
30.gif
Wow its a georgeous set!! I too decided to go with an uncertified diamond I have always been more of an eyeballer than a numbers person anyway. Congratulations on a beautiful set!!!!
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Very beautiful!!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your upgrade is lovely and I really like the three rings together -- bling bling!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How lucky that your WB matches your new set! It looks lovely.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new diamond looks terrific and your setting is just gorgeous!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you had the stone lowered?

The ring is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. That stone is scrumptious!

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!

Firegoddess:

As for having the stone lowered, no not yet. I have an appointment with Jeff Averbook of Metro Jewelry Appraiser in MA next week to have the ring appraised and also to check out the setting to see if it can be lowered.
I'm excited to see what he says about the stone! Will post what I found out from the appraisal, and will post pictures once and when it's lowered based on Jeff's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results