shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally got my upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sheree

Rough_Rock
After looking for what seemed like forever I finally got my upgrade for my wedding rings. It wasn''t really that long but it felt that way! We will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary in June so my husband got it for me. It is an Ideal cut, 1.31 carat, SI2, J color. It is beautiful! It is eye clean and the J really looks white. I was amazed because I didn''t think I would ever go that low in color but it looks great. I upgraded from a .51 carat and I was only going for a 1.0 carat but by going a little lower on clarity and color I was able to get something a lot bigger. I hope that shrinkage doesn''t set in too soon! I will get pictures as soon as I can figure out how to make them come out looking good. Thanks to all of you guys for your help and all the info that is on this site. I was starting to go crazy and was getting obsessed with diamonds. The more I learned the more I became confused and felt like I needed the best. Then I realized that I could only spend a certain amount of money and I made the most out of it and I am happy and I am not looking for anymore diamonds that way I can''t change my mind.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
congrats, may you enjoy it for many, many, more years to come,
"diamonds are forever"
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure the rings are beautiful. I had a J and it was superb.
But here I am at the beginning and you are at the end. Upgrading here I come!
Nan

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sheree - Congrats on a happy upgrade! Don't worry about shrink - once you have it set and on your hand you will be too dazzled to worry about that for at least, maybe ten years... teehee! Be sure you post your pictures on SHOW ME THE RING - we can't wait to see it!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Sheree!! Sounds like a winner. I can relate to your experience. I also felt sucked into a strong desire to get The Best once I had learned about diamonds. Fortunately, I got back on track when it came time to make the final decision. I got a J color & I1 clarity.

I stuck to my overall goal which was to learn enough to get a great stone at a great price.

Getting the best cut was the key to success.

Post pic's soon!

And congratulations on celebrating 30 years.

I bet you have some stories on that!!!
appl.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sheree, shrinkage sets in as soon as you see a bigger one. Bound to happen. BUT your stone will always be YOUR stone, and so that sentiment makes it nicer than anything else...

Also, do not pass jewelery stores, as this is VERY VERY dangerous! Enjoy your stone and remember that everything else out there is never going to be the same...

11.gif
that is unless THAT'S also gifted to you, because then it falls int he realm of "MY stone" which is the best realm for a stone to be in!

Stick around longer, and just wait to see how many stones you fall in love with...
2.gif
But please by all means post your pictures soon!! Some of us need some new stones and rings to fall in love with, and you need to help the cycle continue for others to covet YOUR stones!
naughty.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results