shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally got my Halo Ring!!

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Hi all :wavey: I have been a long time lurker and have been admiring all the lovely rings on PS. I really love all the rings here and drool over them all the time. After much hesitation I decided to get a halo ring.

There are so many beautiful halo rings and it was hard for me to choose. There are so many styles and I was spoilt for choices. I wanted a delicate halo, something soft and not overwhelming. The biggest problem I had as deciding with the shank, there were so many designs, cathedral, split and etc... I had sleepless nights over the shank. I was enchanted by Cartier Destinee, Harry Winston Halo and Tiffany Soleste design, so i decided to get a ring that is similar to such designs. I had a long discussion with the jeweler and finally I decided on the design and here it is. Its not exactly the same but designer inspired. It's modelled after Tiffany Soleste.

So here it is!! Please allow me to share my ring pics. Thanks :twirl:

image_zps0rlzrz5n.jpg

image_zpsgxdngpea.jpg

image_zpsaa3prqtm.jpg

Comparison shot with my solitaire. I must say the halo made the ring more dressy!! :)
image_zpssvshaxxg.jpg

Thank you for viewing :)

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!
Who made your ring?

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Madison2|1449578585|3958942 said:
Your ring is gorgeous!
Who made your ring?

Thanks Madison2 it is made by a local B&M jeweler. I really love the cushion shape and split shank. I never thought I would get something like that.

However the ring is a bit loose. I am thinking is going back to resize it smaller half a size.

Does anyone here prefer tighter or looser rings? Will sizing it half size down make any difference?
Will really appreciate your advices.Thanks :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

When resizing I would take into consideration the current weather. My rings are tighter in the summer and loose during the cooler months. During the summer months I always feel I should go up 1/4 size however during these colder winter months, it fits well.

Your ring is gorgeous! :dance:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :love: I agree regarding sizing in winter vs summer depending on where you live. Congratulations on your beautiful new ring! :clap:

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Hi all thanks for your reply. Taking to account of hot sweaty summer and my love for stacking rings, I decided not to make it smaller.

Anyway the sun (previous shots were taken at night) is up and here are some gallery shots. The basket is curved. There is no donut joining the shank. If you can see, the donut is hidden inside the basket instead for a more sturdy structure.

image_zps29egqu3j.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. Congratulations.

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Marcy :angel:

It's hard to take good photos using iPhone, but here is a shot with some of my stacking bands :dance:

image_zpspifdlqik.jpg

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Another shot of the gallery :loopy:

image_zpsjs6jbgmy.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Actually I think you got some pretty nice pics on your iPhone! :clap: The ring looks really sturdy too. It's so pretty in the daylight shots. Very sparkly! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful, looks great stacked with your lovely bands too!! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, you must be over the moon! :love: :naughty:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring and it looks great with your mixed stack!!! :love: :love: :love:

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your compliments Rockinruby, JDDN, Andelain, Latebloomer28. Your comments are very assuring to me as sometimes I tend to nick pick on some minute details and neglect the overall look. Seems like nothing is 100% perfect. The ring is sliding a lot and i may contact the jeweler and see what he suggest. Here's another pic that I took. Thanks. :dance:

image_zps1eygqnah.jpg

simurgh

Rough_Rock
Maybe think about suzing beads or a horseshoe inside the shank - that'll stop the spin and make it tighter without taking away all the extra room (especially the beads) and is easily reversible. Or, have them resize a quarter size.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and quite the finger coverage!!! Congrats!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I'm waiting for mine to come that looks similar. What's are your stone specs?

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
Love it!! So pretty!! I have been trying to decide between a split shank cushion-shaped halo and a three stone with pear sides. I really like how the shank is done on your stone. Stacking rings looks great with it!

Could you share your stone specs and ring size? That would be very helpful in making my decision. Thanks!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! It's a beautiful ring and it looks stunning on your hand. Your jeweller did such a good job and you have made great choices. Enjoy wearing this beauty.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
congratulations! it looks amazing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I am always afraid of resizing any shank that has diamonds because resizing can loosen those stones. I would always use sizing beads if a ring is too loose. But only do sizing alterations in the summer.

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Hi diamondseeker2006 :wavey: I enjoy reading your thread on luxury watches. Drool over your Cartier tank watch :drool: and many others. I finally did get my ring resized by a 1/2 size. However, the ring is not as fit as I wanted it. It could have been the design of the ring or width of the band, it does not feel as fitting as my solitaire, even though both measured up to the same size on the ring size bar. After the resize it is definitely better but I dare not ask the jeweler to resize another 1/4 size down as I worry he might oversize it smaller and I do worry about the side stones being loose when the band is being stressed during the resizing.

I read up many threads on the right size of ring and i am beginning to like the "sexy side" thing. It reminds me of the movie "Great Gatsby" where Daisy wore her ring in such style. :drool:

image_zpsedkxkpuj.jpg

Another sunlight shot
image_zpshwrvqmuy.jpg

image_zpsmc1bbllf.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh so niceeeee! Wowwwww! Blingy and classy!

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
This is really gorgeous!!!! Wondering what the ct weight of the main stone is and the ring size. I love that style and am teying to envision if it would look good with y 1 ct. Your ring looks stunning!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and looks lovely with your stack!

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw that you had the ring made by a local b&m store...
How did you go about specifying the shape of your cushion halo? I saw your ring first on the "collection of halos" thread and the ring posted previous to yours is also a cushion halo shape but yours seems so much more rounded yet still cushion-like.
I'm just so taken with the shape and might have halo earrings made in the near future and i'd really like to know how to go about explaining it without being disappointed with the final result. I appreciate any help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results