shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally did it...opinions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brianpi

Rough_Rock
After 8 years of dating, I finally just put a hold on a princess diamond. I owe all of my new found diamond knowledge (not that it''s much) to this site and it''s users. Thank you!

I hope this thing looks good, the main numbers appear well and the price was right just under $1,300. All opinions are appreciated!!

Princess .62
E color, SI1 clarity
GIA cert, EX polish, VG Symmetry
4.80x4.81x3.22
thn-med girdle
depth 67.5
table 68

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS!
9.gif

AND congratulations!
appl.gif
What kind of setting are you looking at?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a good deal! This one was the closest I could find & it's more $$...

Congrats on purchasing the diamond
appl.gif
I, too, would luv to know what you have in mind for a setting
9.gif

brianpi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement! I am not sure what setting I am going to find. I generally know what she likes and dislikes, however, I do not want to spend more then $1,000 on the setting, so I am not sure what I am going to be able to get with that budget. I'm sure that budget rules out all the designer styles. Any suggestions on setting hunting?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
There are soo many places to look so maybe you could narrow it down a bit? Are you looking for more antique looking or modern? Clean or w diamonds? Pave, channel set, prong, etc?

THIS POST (click here) may be a good place to start....
1.gif

brianpi

Rough_Rock
Well, the vendor pointed out another diamond similar to the one above.

.65 princess GIA
F, SI1
EX polish, VG Symmetry
65 depth 66 table
5.09x5.0x3.25
med girdle no flourescence
for $25 cheaper then the first.

The second shows bigger but is it going to be too shallow? EEEK! which to go for?

bearman49

Rough_Rock
You chose wisely.

the bearman

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one better~!
21.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Can you meet w the vendor & compare them yourself - choosing the one that's the most eye-pleasing is always the best way to go!
2.gif

If you can't see them both yourself & you trust your vendor, you could ask her/his opin on which is the nicest...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results