shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally decided to try lab diamonds...

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really wanted to try lab diamonds, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. JTV had this ring that was 1.50ctw, and you could choose pink or blue for the center diamond. They didn't specify the manufacturer, but did say they were made in the USA. They also mentioned there would be variations in the colors. Everything was advertised as eye clean and near colorless for the white diamonds. I love pink diamonds, so I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered 2, so I had a choice. I attached pics so you could see the variation in the center stones. I chose the rosy pink version. The other, although very pretty, seemed a bit too orange for me. I was pretty impressed, especially at that price point (under 2k all in). The diamonds are very sparkly IRL. The gold is on the thin side, but still very nice.

Attachments

• 20210312_151211.jpg
    20210312_151211.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 43

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Wow gorgeous pinks! I love pink diamonds! Did you keep the one on the left (looks like a fancy vivid pink)?

What is the name of the vendor that you have purchased from?
More photos please! :kiss2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous pinks! I love pink diamonds! Did you keep the one on the left (looks like a fancy vivid pink)?

What is the name of the vendor that you have purchased from?
More photos please! :kiss2:

Yes, I kept the one on the left. My daughter and I love the color.

I purchased it from Jewelry Television. I'm usually really picky about cut, but it was on sale and looked really pretty, so I thought I'd give it a try. I wouldn't buy an expensive diamond that way, but this worked out really well.

I'll try to take more pics today. Any particular angle you want to see?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I kept the one on the left. My daughter and I love the color.

I purchased it from Jewelry Television. I'm usually really picky about cut, but it was on sale and looked really pretty, so I thought I'd give it a try. I wouldn't buy an expensive diamond that way, but this worked out really well.

I'll try to take more pics today. Any particular angle you want to see?

Thank you! :mrgreen2:

More close up photos and how it looks from the side!

It is such a beauty indeed! I agree that the orangey pink does not look as nice.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! :mrgreen2:

More close up photos and how it looks from the side!

It is such a beauty indeed! I agree that the orangey pink does not look as nice.

20210313_075658-COLLAGE.jpg

You're welcome. I'm not great with pics, but I tried to show different angles. It does have orange fluorescence, so it definitely looks orange in the sun. IRL I see 8 arrows pretty easily. There may be some light leakage or it's the camera reflection, because I took the pic close up. Either way, it doesn't bother me in real life.

The setting is 14kt rose gold. It's thin, but pretty. FYI: they have a blue version as well.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
20210313_075658-COLLAGE.jpg

You're welcome. I'm not great with pics, but I tried to show different angles. It does have orange fluorescence, so it definitely looks orange in the sun. IRL I see 8 arrows pretty easily. There may be some light leakage or it's the camera reflection, because I took the pic close up. Either way, it doesn't bother me in real life.

The setting is 14kt rose gold. It's thin, but pretty. FYI: they have a blue version as well.

You know what? If I have not purchased from NWD, I would have purchased from JTV! Oh my...oh my! The setting is sooo beautiful from the side!

Yes, mine glows in the sunlight too, but yours definitely stolen many hearts (and mine) as well. *seriously in love right now*

I think you have such a neat hack; purchase 2 and return one of them! That is something which I did not even thought of.

Btw, does it come with any certificate?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I think I just got lucky.

Your diamond is so beautiful! It's one reason I decided to try and get an affordable version for myself. Yours is definitely better though.

Yes, it came with a laminated card that has the style number, an ID on the stone (I believe...I don't have it with me), the specific weight for the center and total ct weight, and a listed range for clarity (VS to SI1....that's guaranteed by JTV). I don't believe they graded the color of the center diamond at all, probably because of the variation. They were very upfront about the colors being potentially very different. If you go on their website and look under lab diamonds, you'll find the ring. Then when you click on that, you'll have access to all the reviews. Some people posted pics, and you can see the different shades. Some where even lavender looking. The prices do change, and there are sales/coupons, so keep an eye out. Hope that helps.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! I think I just got lucky.

Your diamond is so beautiful! It's one reason I decided to try and get an affordable version for myself. Yours is definitely better though.

Yes, it came with a laminated card that has the style number, an ID on the stone (I believe...I don't have it with me), the specific weight for the center and total ct weight, and a listed range for clarity (VS to SI1....that's guaranteed by JTV). I don't believe they graded the color of the center diamond at all, probably because of the variation. They were very upfront about the colors being potentially very different. If you go on their website and look under lab diamonds, you'll find the ring. Then when you click on that, you'll have access to all the reviews. Some people posted pics, and you can see the different shades. Some where even lavender looking. The prices do change, and there are sales/coupons, so keep an eye out. Hope that helps.

Honestly... I have purchased a pink from LB thinking it will come as a light shade of orangey pink.. Like most PSers.

It arrived as a Fancy Vivid Pink...like yours.. But it was definitely not as sparkly or lively as yours.. My spouse said it looks too dull n like a dead stone....he really hates it. As there is no free return policy for overseas buyers... I had struggled very hard to love and keep it...I tried placing it under the sunlight...not much life there...indoors...it looks like a plastic looking rosy toy stone dud..my bro even joked that I should gift my new Pink toy to my 5 year old niece...Ouch. :cry2:

So I returned it.

I checked the LB ASET and Ideal images n realised its cutting is really bad..

aset_scope.jpg

ideal_scope.jpg

Maybe that's why the color looks so saturated and dull. I have since returned it.

Since you are able to see the arrows for yours.. And I can see their beautiful too.. Its probably a very good cut. Maybe that is why it looks so lively.. Even in your photos!

Are you thinking of purchasing a blue diamond or pink earrings from JTV to make it a set? If you so, please post the photos too! :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly... I have purchased a pink from LB thinking it will come as a light shade of orangey pink.. Like most PSers.

It arrived as a Fancy Vivid Pink...like yours.. But it was definitely not as sparkly or lively as yours.. My spouse said it looks too dull n like a dead stone....he really hates it. As there is no free return policy for overseas buyers... I had struggled very hard to love and keep it...I tried placing it under the sunlight...not much life there...indoors...it looks like a plastic looking rosy toy stone dud..my bro even joked that I should gift my new Pink toy to my 5 year old niece...Ouch. :cry2:

So I returned it.

I checked the LB ASET and Ideal images n realised its cutting is really bad..

aset_scope.jpg

ideal_scope.jpg

Maybe that's why the color looks so saturated and dull. I have since returned it.

Since you are able to see the arrows for yours.. And I can see their beautiful too.. Its probably a very good cut. Maybe that is why it looks so lively.. Even in your photos!

Are you thinking of purchasing a blue diamond or pink earrings from JTV to make it a set? If you so, please post the photos too! :mrgreen2:

I'm sorry you had to return the LB stone.:confused2:

Thanks! Yes, I think I'll try to get pink earrings first, because I'd love to have a set. Maybe after that I'll try the blue.

I'll definitely share pics!

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
I didn't even know JTV had lab diamonds much less fancy colors. I think you got a beauty! I immediately went onto the site and found a pretty blue band that is currently sold out but I asked to be notified. Thanks for sharing.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even know JTV had lab diamonds much less fancy colors. I think you got a beauty! I immediately went onto the site and found a pretty blue band that is currently sold out but I asked to be notified. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I'm always happy to share my experience.

They don't provide any information on the cut, but at that price point, I was willing to take the gamble. I hope it works out for you.

Don't forget to check for coupons and 0% financing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results