shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally bought the diamond stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leon

Rough_Rock
After reading threads upon threads of messages on this board, I finally went out and bought the diamond stone at the right price.

Initially, I was impressed by the specs, but when I actually looked at the stone it was beauitful!

Here are the specs:

.90 ct
Vs1
G-colour
Ideal Cut
6.28 x 6.23 x 3.82
14K Tiffany Six Prong style

Can anyone give me an honest opinion of these specs? Is the girdle to thin? Are the dimensions right for the weight of the stone? Is the 6 prong style good for this size? Give me lotsa feedback, I would like to know what you guys think.

I will post pics when I pick up the ring next week
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How are we to comment on the girdle thickness when you give no measurements? How can we comment on the cut when there are no pavilion/crown angles? If you really have been reading these forums for any time you should know there is certain minimum criteria you need to give before any attemtps to give you a quasi educated response is possible.

Peace,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you read the chapters on this site and on our own concerning cut? The advice from both tutorials teach that if you are making a decision on a diamond and you are concerned with the *sparkle*, *fire*, *brilliance* factor, the info you'll get on a GIA Report alone is SORELY LACKING as it gives very limited cut information. You can have a visual powerhouse or an optical dud ... from the info you've given nobody knows. Look forward to more info from you.

You may want to read our tutorial on the subject to get a better handle on this.

Kind regards,
Rhino

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi leon,

rhino is right. you don't give us enough information for us to give you an opinion on the diamond. it may or may not be a great stone. try to get more information so that a better analysis can be made and experts like rhino can better evaluate the numbers for you.

in the end, though, if you really like the stone, that's all that matters.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
''How are we to comment on the girdle thickness when you give no measurements? How can we comment on the cut when there are no pavilion/crown angles? ''

LOLOLOLOL... My exact thoughts!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results