shape
carat
color
clarity

I feel silly asking this question but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
how exactly does one pronounce Vatche? Is it Vat-chee or Vat-chay (like a long "a")? Or something else?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It's VAT'-chee.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wouldn't it be Vatché (with a long A sound)?

Because there is an acute accent mark (right leaning) over the last E...in french that would make it Vat-chay...No?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/26/2004 11:44:24 AM Nicrez wrote:

Wouldn't it be Vatché (with a long A sound)?

Because there is an acute accent mark (right leaning) over the last E...in french that would make it Vat-chay...No?

----------------
No, evidently. That's what I initially thought, too, but I was speaking to Lesley....she knows him very well and in fact just was at their facility. When we spoke, the pronounced it "VAT-chee"

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Al! LOL! So what's with the acute accent? If the stress is on the VAT and not the é at the end, it doesn't need a mark, since the first syllable is accented by default...?????

WHAT'S WITH THE FRENCH SPELLING AND THE ODD PRONUNCIATION!? A shiny new penny to anyone who can answer THAT one...
confused.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Let's hope that their name is not trying to be French, because if it is it's just plain wrong on more than one level. I find it more likely that it's from some other language.

I'm curious, too, now. Anyone?

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Ok,

The famed designer is Lebanese, explaining his name not following the idea of "French"
read.gif
pronunciation.

Although I knew of his heritage, I too, wondered how it was pronounced, thanks for the clarifiction!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results