shape
carat
color
clarity

I feel like a meanie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I won an engagement sitting at our local bridal show and took the pics in early November. Although we had a great time, we both did not care for the photographer. He was super nice but would NOT pose us at all! When we'd ask him how to pose he'd say "act natural" and at one time said "Do something crazy!" We felt like we were taking the same posed pic over and over again with a few different backgrounds. Speaking of backgrounds, that's all he seemed to care about! He let us view the pics online and some of the backgrounds are nice but it's not all about the backgrounds, IT'S ABOUT US! It was very frustrating and I even got my make-up professionally done! We both knew that he wasn't the photog that we wanted for our wedding.

Anyways...he's been hassling me to come into his studio and I finally sent him an email tonight telling him that after careful consideration we aren't interested in the photos! I felt so awful hitting the send button, but I gave it to him as softly as I could.
39.gif

Luckily we have a couple of new photogs we're interested in!

ETA: Has anyone else had this type of problem?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm...I don''t think the situation that took place makes you a "meanie" at all. You tried out his services, didn''t care for them, and didn''t choose to use him, that''s all.

An engagement sitting...honestly, I feel it''s one of those marketing tactics or special advertising to get a couple to make use of a photographer''s services. When we were looking for a photog for our wedding, we chose one and he "threw in" a free engagement sitting. We did end up using his company, and were pleased with the results, but never drove the 30 miles (or 45 minutes) to make use of that engagement sitting...I just didn''t want to pay for more pics, we already had an engagement photo that had appeared in both of our hometown newspapers, etc. No skin off his nose, trust me!

I wouldn''t lose sleep over it...
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think this is mean at all. This will ultimately avoid problems with him down the road. If you don''t enjoy working with him...it''s possible you wouldn''t like the pictures that turned out. This could have led to arguments with him after the wedding. I think you acted appropriately. Clicking with the photographer is so important for good photos.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I had a similiar problem yesterday. There''s a guy I was friends w/ in hs who does professional videography and editing who I started talking to again recently. I asked him to be our videographer, pending seeing some of his work, and he agreed for an awesome price. Well, I kept reminding him to send me stuff and he just kept not doing it so finally yesterday I told him that our budget has changed and we can''t afford a videographer anymore. I don''t know if we really won''t get anyone else, but I don''t want to deal with someone who''s unresponsive and won''t follow through especially on my wedding day. I felt awful telling him (I sent it through aim
38.gif
), but it''s not like we''d signed a contract or anything. I definitely know how you feel though.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Thx for all the replies. I know that I made the right decision, it''s just my personality to feel bad about the situation.
38.gif

I''ve been checking me wedding email (I have a seperate account set up just for wedding vendors and info.) and he hasn''t replied but while in class he called me!!! UGH!
32.gif
I''m wondering if he got the email. FI thinks that he did and called anyways see see what the problem was and to possibly guilt me into coming into his studio...so NOT going to happen!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
its better to end it now, better than not liking your wedding pics!

good luck finding someone you work well with! Its tough....I wanted a photojournist, but then didnt have any of the posed pics i wanted. Which is why I took portraits AGAIN after the wedding! I think a good mix of candids and portraits, as well as someone you totally feel comfortable with is key!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 8:51:26 PM
Author: msflutter
its better to end it now, better than not liking your wedding pics!

good luck finding someone you work well with! Its tough....I wanted a photojournist, but then didnt have any of the posed pics i wanted. Which is why I took portraits AGAIN after the wedding! I think a good mix of candids and portraits, as well as someone you totally feel comfortable with is key!

See I want exactly the same thing you have mentioned. The candid photos but also the posed portraits. I have found a photog that I''m interested in and am setting up an appointment to see her work. I specifically informed her about out previous bad photog and she assured me that she will pose us for certain pics but that she also does candid shots as well. She says she doesn''t call herself her style photojournalistic so we shall see.
28.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! This photog called me AGAIN this afternoon and left a message asking me to call him! HELLO, does he not get it?? I don't want to call him bc I know I'd have a hard time telling him I didn't care for his work. He should have gotten that out of my email.

On a much HAPPIER and brighter note our Engagement Party/Ornament Shower is this weekend!!!
36.gif
YIPPE!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s really annoying about the photographer. Have a great time at your shower!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results