shape
carat
color
clarity

I DON''T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flashboy

Rough_Rock
Ok, I have the diamond I ordered, but I don''t want to get ripped off and have my diamond swapped out by my local jeweler when he''s setting it. Can I demand that I want to watch my diamond being set and not to let it leave my sight. What are my options.

Flashboy
cry.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
You may want to have it gemprinted.

checkout http://www.gemprint.com for a local dealer close to you.

Rockdoc

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey Flashboy,
If your diamond is VS2 or lower, you can have the jeweler set your diamond up in the microscope in the same position as the plot on your certificate and you can match all the inclusions. They are like a fingerprint. Once you have done that, let them set the diamond without the pressure of you standing over them. Some of these guys don't do very good when you are watching them. When the diamond is set, polished and clean, you can have the jeweler set the ring up in the microscope with the diamond oriented in the same direction and you can check it out yourself again. You can also check and see if it has been nicked, chipped or anything else.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DimonBob. You're not likely to get too far "demanding" things. Instead, just ask the jeweler to show you how to recognize your stone. Then you've got no problem knowing that you've got your same stone back.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just another thought in addition to the comments above.

If it's inscribed with the cert number, you can ask to have the diamond mounted so the inscription is open. That way you can check it after mounting. Use a good (20-40x) hallmark loupe or the jeweler's scope to verify the inscription.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results