shape
carat
color
clarity

i don''t know how to bump an old post- SHARE YOUR FIRST DANCE and FATHER/DAUGHTER DANCE SONGS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
in the spirit of having met our DJ tonight i wanna see some first dance songs, father/daughter dance songs!

we are dancing to steelhearts "I''ll Never Let You Go"- an insanely 80''s hairband song that makes FI giddy bc he picked it and loves it.

father/daughter: josh groban "When You Say You Love Me"- i asked my daddy to pick out a song, and he said, "I shouldn''t pick this, because it always makes me cry."- he''s gonna be a mess and he''s normally the big strong guy who is pretty stoic but shows when he is happy :)

we are playing the mother/son dance first, then doing my dance with my dad- we wanted to do a Jethro Tull song since he LOVES JT, but no songs are dancing songs. So the DJ is going to play a JT song immediately following the F/D dance as a surprise!

LET''S SEE IT LADIES!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance song is "The Book of Love" by the Magnetic Fields. My dad and I are dancing to the Otis Redding version of "My Girl". I know it sounds cliche, but my dad is a musician and whenever he plays a gig he always plays and sings that song and dedicates it to my sisters and I, so it''s really special to us.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our first dance was to Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)." We don't really have any songs that are special to us that are also first dance appropriate, but we both love Otis Redding so it was a pretty easy choice. I kind of wanted to dance to Dean Martin's "That's Amore" but I didn't love the idea of doing a fast-ish dance in front of everyone so I nixed it quickly!

For my father/daughter dance we danced to Heartland's "I Loved Her First" which my dad picked out all by himself. He doesn't listen to country usually but he heard it on the radio and decided that had to be the song. It was actually pretty tender because he's not really a sentimental guy and that is such a cheesy, sentimental song!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance was "Smother Me" by The Used. We wanted something unique and special to us, something by a band we both love. A week before the wedding we weren''t even sure we were having a first dance but I was doing some houseworlk and listening to "Lies For The Liars" album by The Used and when this came on a light went on in my mind! I was actually brought to tears by the song. It''s very beautiful. Here are the lyrics.

Let me be the one who calls you baby
All the time
Surely you can take some comfort
Knowing that you''re mine
Just hold me tight, lay by my side
and let me be the one who calls you
Baby all the time
I found my place in the world
Could stare at your face for the rest of
my days
Now I can breathe, turn my insides out
and Smother me
Warm and alive I''m all over you
would you smother me?
Let me be the one who never leaves
You all alone
I hold my breath and lose the feeling
That I''m on my own
Hold me too tight stay by my side
and let me be the one who calls you
Baby all the time
I found my place in the world
Could stare at your face for the rest of
my days
and Smother me
would you smother me?
When I''m alone time goes so slow
I need you here with me
and how my mistakes have made
Your heart break
Still I need you here with me
Baby I''m here
and Smother me
would you smother me?
and Smother me
would you smother me?
All the time
All the time
All the time
The one who calls you baby

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 1:20:47 AM
Author: thing2of2
Our first dance was to Otis Redding''s ''I''ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now).'' We don''t really have any songs that are special to us that are also first dance appropriate, but we both love Otis Redding so it was a pretty easy choice. I kind of wanted to dance to Dean Martin''s ''That''s Amore'' but I didn''t love the idea of doing a fast-ish dance in front of everyone so I nixed it quickly!

For my father/daughter dance we danced to Heartland''s ''I Loved Her First'' which my dad picked out all by himself. He doesn''t listen to country usually but he heard it on the radio and decided that had to be the song. It was actually pretty tender because he''s not really a sentimental guy and that is such a cheesy, sentimental song!

otis, i love otis! great song choice!

we don''t have a song so i''m going to compile a few (like 10) choices and let FI decide; his musical tastes can''t be left alone to choose a song but with some guidance he''ll make a great decision ;-)
father/daughter dance will be either "into the mystic" or "days like this" by van morrison--van is my dad & i''s thing. i plan to surprise him w/the song & tell a brief story of why i chose van before the dance begins.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance will be At Last, and I don''t plan on doing a father/daughter dance.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
First dance is going to be to "Grow Old With Me" by Mary Chapin Carpenter Link

Father/daughter dance is to a song by a country singer in the 90''s named Kippi Brannon. The song is called "Daddy''s Little Girl" Link

meresal

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
First Dance: "Crush" by David Archuletta: Song
It may seem odd to others, but my DH and I dated for about a month when we met, and it didn't work out. We slowly became really close freinds afterwards and it was a constant battle of whether or not to date again, but we never tried it. After 4 years and a horrible relationship on each side, we decided to give in. The timing was finally "right", and this song explains it all perfectly.... and I love that DH is the one that found it and picked it out.
5.gif

Father/Daughter: "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle: (I don't think I need to post this one...)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dance: Groovy Kind of Love (Phil Collins)

Father/Daughter dance: Everything (Michael Buble)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We used The Best is Yet to Come by Sinatra for our first dance
For the father/daughter, my dad chose Daughter by Loudin Wainwright

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance will be to "Come Rain or Come Shine" sung by Frank Sinatra.

The father-daughter/mother-son dance will be to "Moon River" sung either by Frank Sinatra or Louis Armstrong (haven't decided yet).

ETA: Morgie,
30.gif
The Best is Yet to Come! Looove that song. It will definitely be played at some point during the night.

ETA2: I wanted to post the lyrics to "Come Rain or Come Shine" because I don't think it's too well known and I love the lyrics:

I'm gonna love you
Like nobody's loved you
Come rain or come shine
High as a mountain
And deep as a river
Come rain or come shine

I guess when you met me
It was just one of those things
But don't ever bet me
Cause I'm gonna be true
If you let me
You're gonna love me
Like nobody's loved me
Come rain or come shine
Happy together, unhappy together
And won't it be fine
Days may be cloudy or sunny
We're in, or we're out of the money
But I'm with you always
I'm with you rain or shine

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:25:51 AM
Author: DandiAndi
First dance: Groovy Kind of Love (Phil Collins)

Father/Daughter dance: Everything (Michael Buble)
Groovy Kind of Love- I LOVE THAT SONG- what a great first dance pick! and Everything was my first choice, but our close friends JUST did that at their wedding, and took dance lessons, the whole nine yards, so we would have made a mess of ourselves. Great choices!

I''m loving these!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 1:20:47 AM
Author: thing2of2
Our first dance was to Otis Redding''s ''I''ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now).'' We don''t really have any songs that are special to us that are also first dance appropriate, but we both love Otis Redding so it was a pretty easy choice. I kind of wanted to dance to Dean Martin''s ''That''s Amore'' but I didn''t love the idea of doing a fast-ish dance in front of everyone so I nixed it quickly!

For my father/daughter dance we danced to Heartland''s ''I Loved Her First'' which my dad picked out all by himself. He doesn''t listen to country usually but he heard it on the radio and decided that had to be the song. It was actually pretty tender because he''s not really a sentimental guy and that is such a cheesy, sentimental song!

Yay for Otis Redding! I''m glad to hear that we''re not the only ones using a song of his. LOVE his voice.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance will be to "Vermillion Pt 2" by Slipknot. It''s kind of an odd choice if you know the band, yes,
2.gif
but FI has always said that he loves this song and I''m the first person he''s ever thought about when listening to it, so it''s ours and we love it.
9.gif

Father/daughter dance will be to "I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack. My dad''s gonna bawl. Hehehe!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance was to "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. It was "our song" the whole time we were dating and the lyrics just fit so perfectly. I always dreamed of dancing with DH to that song at our wedding and it was absolutely perfect - it felt like we were the only two people in the room.
1.gif

ETA: Some of the lyrics are in my signature below...
3.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
1st dance-groovy kind of love by phil collins here too :)
father/daughter-my little girl by steve kirwan

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Our first dance is "Here for You" by Ozzy Osbourne. The words really fit because we''ve been together for so long.

The father/daughter dance was hard, we dont like slow sappy songs, so we''re starting out with "Sweet Child O'' Mine" by Taken by Trees, then halfway thru it will cut to the Guns N Roses original!

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Our first dance together was "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban. We decided very last minute, as in 5 minutes before the dance. It was between that or "The Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John. My dad and I danced to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, and I had let my parents chose that one.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Daddy/Daugter: "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John (he used to dance with me to that song when I was a baby & sing it to me, lol)

1st Dane: "Sommersault" by Zero 7

Lyrics:

You''re the prince to my ballerina
You feed other people''s parking meters
You encourage the eating of ice cream
You would somersault in sand with me
You talk to loners, you ask how''s your week
You give love to all and give love to me
You''re obsessed with hiding the sticks and stones
When I fear the unknown
You feel like home, you feel like home
You put my feet back on the ground
Did you know you brought me around
You were sweet, and you were sound
You saved me
You''re the warmth in my summer breeze
You''re the ivory to my ebony keys
You would share your last jelly bean
You would somersault in sand with me
You were sweet and you were sound
You saved me
You were sweet and you were sound
See I had shrunk yet still you wore me around
And ''round and ''round

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
First Dance: "Buena Sera" by Michael Buble

Father-Daughter/Mother-Son: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo''ole. It''s my dad''s favorite song--go listen if you haven''t heard it!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
aww good thread!

My dad really wants to do a choreographed hip-hop routine for the father-daughter dance...Imagine a gray-haired, 125 lb., 5''4", middle-aged Chinese man doing a hip-hop dance...makes me nervous but part of me kinda likes it!
25.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 10:50:06 AM
Author: sunnyd
Our first dance will be to ''Vermillion Pt 2'' by Slipknot. It''s kind of an odd choice if you know the band, yes,
2.gif
but FI has always said that he loves this song and I''m the first person he''s ever thought about when listening to it, so it''s ours and we love it.
9.gif

Father/daughter dance will be to ''I Hope You Dance'' by Leann Womack. My dad''s gonna bawl. Hehehe!

I love it when we choose alternative bands!

LOVE your choice of first dance song!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:10:20 PM
Author: MonkeyPants
aww good thread!

My dad really wants to do a choreographed hip-hop routine for the father-daughter dance...Imagine a gray-haired, 125 lb., 5''4'', middle-aged Chinese man doing a hip-hop dance...makes me nervous but part of me kinda likes it!
25.gif

Oh my god. PLEASE DO THIS. Seriously. That is pretty much the single GREATEST idea I have ever heard.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:47:13 PM
Author: ladypirate

aww good thread!

My dad really wants to do a choreographed hip-hop routine for the father-daughter dance...Imagine a gray-haired, 125 lb., 5''4'', middle-aged Chinese man doing a hip-hop dance...makes me nervous but part of me kinda likes it!
25.gif
Oh my god. PLEASE DO THIS. Seriously. That is pretty much the single GREATEST idea I have ever heard.

+1. You must post a video for us if you do this.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:52:29 PM
Author: kittybean

aww good thread!

25.gif

At first I thought he was joking but every time I''ve seen him since the engagement he''s been talking about it. And my sister says that he talks to her about it too! Sounds like he''s excited. Video posted next year for sure!
3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:56:39 PM
Date: 9/16/2009 4:52:29 PM

Author: kittybean

aww good thread!

25.gif

At first I thought he was joking but every time I''ve seen him since the engagement he''s been talking about it. And my sister says that he talks to her about it too! Sounds like he''s excited. Video posted next year for sure!

3.gif

My dad always talks about making a rap record under the pseudonym "Shameful K". He wants to have a song called "Broke Hip, Can''t Hop".
3.gif
Sounds like our dads would get along.
9.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
LP that''s hilarious! Okay, have your dad make the record and me and my dad will dance to it at my wedding!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 5:12:25 PM
LP that''s hilarious! Okay, have your dad make the record and me and my dad will dance to it at my wedding!

Hahhahahahha! OMG, that made me laugh! Any ideas of what song you''re actually going to use?

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
nope, no clue yet. I think we''ll start getting serious about song choices and choreography after x-mas.
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
We used Open Arms by Journey for our first dance (needed something simple since we have 4 left feet, and he''s also a big Journey fan). The father/daughter and mother/son dances were combined, and we used Josh Groban''s You Raise Me Up. We also had an anniversary dance, where they ask all the married couples to come up and then dismiss the ones who have been married for less than 1 day, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, etc...until there is only one left standing. We used Happy Together by The Turtles for this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results