shape
carat
color
clarity

I don''t Get it????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 10:09:34 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I haven't seen it, but I think it is awful.

And as for this:

“Divorce is so common that I don’t think people view it as sad and depressing anymore,” said Allen P. Adamson, managing director at the New York office of Landor Associates, a corporate identity consulting company owned by the WPP Group. “It’s on every movie, every TV show. There aren’t any more ‘Leave It to Beaver’ families around.”

What an absolute, ignorant LIE!!!!!!!
29.gif
These idiots must have designed the commercial for Ford!!!
Ugh... that caught my attention too... Mr. Adamson seems a bit more cynical than necessary. I'm also not sure why the opposite of divorce means a "Leave it to Beaver" family... I know of quite a few that fall happily somewhere in the middle.

I understand why commercials today are made to appeal to emotions beyond what "folding 3rd row seats" may inspire. The commercials that catch my eye are usually the ones that are clever and interesting in addition to being informative. But I think they tried so hard to be "different" here that they ended up going into an area that's not really clever OR effective as a commercial... and now they're backpeddling to justify it. Bottomline that Mr. Adamson seems to be missing: just because something's common doesn't make it LESS sad and depressing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I genuinely liked the commercial. It says to me that the 'bold move' is the parent's getting along and putting aside their differences for the good of their children. Which IS a great message, and bold. Both of the fictional parents (given the acrimony that attends most divorces these days) and of Ford. I think it's great that they acknowledge the realities of todays society, like divorce, while also showing the 'ideal' of a divorced situation-- that of parent's getting along. Generally I think it's a great commercial. But then, my parents are divorced and I would have loved it if theirs had been a friendly one. It's all a matter of percpective.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it ended on a very sad note. I don''t want sadness to be part of my car purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results