carat
color
clarity

I do not know where to find them...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kas baby|1307993977|2944910 said:
have you tried this site? looks like they have several pale pinks :))

http://www.gemartservices.com/for-sale.html

You know what? I really regret not purchasing the pale pink set - not for the color but for the price! These pinks cost 2-3 times as much everywhere else!!!

And Jerry is a darling, such a nice man. And a wonderful lapidary. A vendor of high integrity, too.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe This? :love:

Lg-SpinelPinkOval4_18ct.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O-oh! Shiney! Where?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a Roger Dery, Spectral Gems

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
it is

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Deathspi|1307998707|2944969 said:
kas baby|1307993977|2944910 said:
have you tried this site? looks like they have several pale pinks :))

http://www.gemartservices.com/for-sale.html

...Just wondering if anyone has bought from this site before. They have some pretty nice looking stones but their not on 'the list' :wink2:

I would also recommend cheapy eBay stores for light spinels, there not bad for the price!

I can attest to how awesome Jerry is. TL turned pointed the way to him and he is A-ma-zing to work with. As for the cheapy ebay light spinels- I've been combing ebay daily for them for a month and they are there, but finding anything over 2 or 3 carats isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I finally did find an almost 7 carat one, but it's a little more on the pink side than lavender.

**Edit- had this one bookmarked for a bit too- http://www.gemselect.com/spinel/spinel-261477.php#

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW- great company. Why do I always forget it?

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
crasru|1308031717|2945384 said:

There are sooo many! I have a slight case of OCD though, so my bookmarks are a little overdone. :oops:
Is that the color you are looking for or even less saturation? I've been looking at so many that I'm sure I can find more. :D

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
FallenRox, thanks for letting me know. Btw I'm kicking myself now for not thinking of GemSelect, their great for little cheap stones arn't they? :razz:

What about somewhere like Multicolour? I would check there myself but...their website is broken for me, for some reason...But I seem to remember that they have cheap pale spinels.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1308021402|2945275 said:
O-oh! Shiney! Where?

Yep Roger Dery !!!!
I WISH you would get this one, I think it's stunning !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
Probably Waaaay out of the ballpark for me

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1308018158|2945245 said:

Did he cut that? It looks native cut and I say that because the center looks to have the dreaded bow tie effect. I'm just scrutinizing because it is being sold by a lapidary.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1308054947|2945488 said:
ooo~Shiney!|1308018158|2945245 said:

Did he cut that? It looks native cut and I say that because the center looks to have the dreaded bow tie effect. I'm just scrutinizing because it is being sold by a lapidary.

I'm not sure, I just saw it on his site and put it out there..... I wish there was a video like Tan has on his ebay site....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FallenRox|1308032234|2945387 said:
crasru|1308031717|2945384 said:

There are sooo many! I have a slight case of OCD though, so my bookmarks are a little overdone. :oops:
Is that the color you are looking for or even less saturation? I've been looking at so many that I'm sure I can find more. :D

No this is pale enough.

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In the interest of clarity it seems best to have facts to bring to resolution anything that could be misconstrued. No malice intended here, just would not want anyone to get the wrong idea. This particular Spinel is no longer available, but for those wondering about it....

Showing here with severe tilt, thus allowing a see-through effect. Even though this is not a "meet-point" design, there is a design to it.
SpinelOval4_18ct_v03.jpg

And then here the 'scalloped' outline is clearly present. Also with a bit of tilt going on, but most of the light is still being returned. The ends of the oval clearly show a large number of smaller facets congregating to great effect.
SpinelOval4_18ct_v02.jpg

In the pavilion one can see two types of facet arrangements going on. The majority is performed in the "step-cut-style" as has been done for centuries. But then I've created a five-way split as the facets come together at the keel-type culet.
SpinelOval4_18ct_v01.jpg

There are over 100 meet points, even though I would not label this a "Meet-Point" design. I hope you found this helpful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Roger. It's also easier to see the true color of this stone against the neutral grey background, and it's more of a true medium tone to my eye, unlike the medium light in the top photo. Was this a recut?

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi TL,
Yes, this was a recut. As is commonly known in the trade, there is precious little for us to import directly from Burma. This is in addition to the fact that *any* package from Burma into the US will be opened, even though less than 1% of those from Thailand will be opened.

The original photo more accurately portrays the stone. It is medium to medium-light in tone and primarily pink with a lavender secondary.

These three photos shown above were taken on a 'stark-white' background, not gray, and with very little light entering the tent. This was done solely to accentuate the facets, their placement and whether they were meeting other facets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results