shape
carat
color
clarity

I discovered how to get the dirt out from behind the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
You girls are going to love me!

Well this morning I was trying to clean my ring to get it ready for my parents to see it. I''m going home for the holiday''s and this will be the first time they see there daughter engaged. So I wanted it to be spotless. Trouble was getting in the back of the stone. there were spots that wouldn''t come out as much as I tried. I used a toothbrush and that didnt work. So are you wondering what did. G U M Tapered bristles. They are about 3 dollars. That is if you dont want to invest in a cleaning machine. You can travel with it everywhere and it fit in the hard to reach places in the stone. I have an asscher so you can see every spot.

Has anyone tried this ?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I''ve never heard of GUM tapered bristles? What are they?

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I just bought these GUM brushes on the advice of my dentist. They're little pipe cleaner type toothpicky things that they say are helpful for those who hate to floss. I'll have to try them out on *my* asscher. Thanks for the tip!
35.gif

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
Yeah your going to thank me. I was so surprised at how well it worked. it looks like the day i got it

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
I always wonder how secure the diamonds are set. Can I use compressed air (ones they use at auto shops) to blow out the dirt?

*Yeah, I''m such a guy*
41.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My bf have one of those air duster which he uses to clean computer circuit board (the ones that if you put the can upside down and use it, it will freezes the area it blows to)... I wonder if it will work to blow my diamond ring so it can be dirt-free....

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
I can see that working a bit ,but not to take everything off. I think dirt get so suck that its really hard to get it out. so you have to brush it out, but its worth a try.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i use a small artists paintbrush. the underside of pointy end of my pear tends to collect crud.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 12:39:43 PM
Author: grapegravity
My bf have one of those air duster which he uses to clean computer circuit board (the ones that if you put the can upside down and use it, it will freezes the area it blows to)... I wonder if it will work to blow my diamond ring so it can be dirt-free....
dirt''s not usually the problem for me, it''s usually some form of greasy or soap scum crud.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tough dirt and grime under prongs is a daily problem for appraisers.

We always appreciate your cleaning efforts
2.gif
Thanks!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results