shape
carat
color
clarity

I did a ‘Belle Epoque’ thing

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn’t resist this. I haven’t gotten it yet but I wanted to share. It’s 18k with old cuts, a sapphire and a pearl. It’s probably going to be smaller than I am expecting because I keep zooming in on the photos. It’s about an inch around and is estimated at 1.2ct of diamonds.

I have no need for a brooch but I need to find a way to wear this. I have realized that Belle Epoque is my style. I’m always drawn to the curves.

Any ideas as to its origin?

B71C3CA7-8407-48A5-A354-38A4977496B7.jpeg
72CB4B1B-4A41-493C-93FB-EBAF9E50FD7E.jpeg

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn’t resist this. I haven’t gotten it yet but I wanted to share. It’s 18k with old cuts, a sapphire and a pearl. It’s probably going to be smaller than I am expecting because I keep zooming in on the photos. It’s about an inch around and is estimated at 1.2ct of diamonds.

I have no need for a brooch but I need to find a way to wear this. I have realized that Belle Epoque is my style. I’m always drawn to the curves.

Any ideas as to its origin?

B71C3CA7-8407-48A5-A354-38A4977496B7.jpeg
72CB4B1B-4A41-493C-93FB-EBAF9E50FD7E.jpeg

I’m thinking of replacing the pearl with a diamond or another sapphire and adding a bail but need to see it first!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I love it as-is, with the pearl drop!

I see it as a pendant with a pair of tiny jump-ring "ears" at ~10:00 and 2:00.

I’m thinking a pendant too. I’m wondering if there’s a way to string a chain through it as is - maybe behind the sapphire?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, this is fabulous! I wonder if a jeweler could do a clasp so you could change out the pearl with a diamond or sapphire depending on your mood? Excited for you :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely piece, I am excited for you to be able to see it in person! I love it as is with the pearl, but it will be fun to see what you decide to do with her :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would pluck off the Pearl and not feel the need to put anything to replace it. I would also wear as a pendant - maybe see if the ring the Pearl is in is big enough for a chain?

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered removing the pearl and turning the brooch upside down to use as a pendant?
A19FE25F-5D9A-4ADA-AB21-1D8003303EDB.jpeg

Wow! I love this and had not considered it. @Mreader had the same idea. I can’t unsee it in this orientation now and I’m not really a pearl person so I think it’s a done deal. I just need to figure out if a chain will fit or if I need to add a bale somewhere.

I do like the idea of a dangly piece but that could even be added back on the other end.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness I love this so much and love the suggestion on top with the different orientation.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love this and had not considered it. @Mreader had the same idea. I can’t unsee it in this orientation now and I’m not really a pearl person so I think it’s a done deal. I just need to figure out if a chain will fit or if I need to add a bale somewhere.

I do like the idea of a dangly piece but that could even be added back on the other end.

I actually prefer the orientation like this! Whether or not you need to add a bale - you still might want to remove the pin part because it can irritate the skin.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer it as it is too!

DK :kiss2:

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If the pin back isn’t too irritating you could loop the end of a chain on one end of the pin and clipping the clasp on the other after it’s been looped around your neck, that way you don’t need to have it worked on if it’s not convenient.

It’s so pretty! Best guess would be American in origin since it’s marked 18 (and maybe a worn off k) instead of British hallmarks or a 750 mark.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this & I love the pearl :kiss2:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful and it may be larger than you think. The best $100.00 I ever spent on eBay was on a 14kt gold black enamel brooch/pendant with diamonds. It was a very old Kaspar and Esh piece. I was thinking of turning it into a ring. Then I received it in the mail. It was over 11 grams and is quite large...wayyyy too large for a ring. As it is, I would check with my jeweler and see about being able to wear it as a brooch or pendant. I wear mine most of the time on a chain.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful and it may be larger than you think. The best $100.00 I ever spent on eBay was on a 14kt gold black enamel brooch/pendant with diamonds. It was a very old Kaspar and Esh piece. I was thinking of turning it into a ring. Then I received it in the mail. It was over 11 grams and is quite large...wayyyy too large for a ring. As it is, I would check with my jeweler and see about being able to wear it as a brooch or pendant. I wear mine most of the time on a chain.

It’s here! I love it and it’s about the size I expected and not teeny tiny. It’s perfect for a pendant or a brooch without being overwhelming but it’s definitely blingy. I am not sure when I will wear it but I’m determined to figure that out. I couldn’t figure out a way to properly string the chain through it but managed to get pics anyway. It will need a new bale I think. I don’t actually even mind the pearl. It’s heavy at over 5 grams.

The diamonds are so sparkly and after a clean it looks even better. The sapphire is European cut and has an open culet too! This was totally worth the frivolous splurge but the price was actually very affordable.

Lots of pics. Goes great with gym clothes don’t you think?

B7DDC5CB-A522-4ABE-BC40-6690ED31DEA7.jpeg 46CB0FDF-78C5-477E-AA4E-BFABA224B894.jpeg DA2B9CDA-10B0-4863-A7F1-015DB05CE873.jpeg

32EAC97F-DD97-44C7-A8C9-ECF519EA2AF6.jpeg F6A383AD-E5DC-4D7E-8600-43BEE6FC1CAB.jpeg 44FB6435-A2C1-40F1-9685-7D776B0563F6.jpeg 9295A8F2-F65D-4380-B933-5F810A54CD46.jpeg AD375DD1-CD7F-418F-947B-8536567EED6E.jpeg

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad I didn’t miss out on this piece. I gave it another good clean and it is insanely sparkly. There is one prong missing on the sapphire but you can’t really see it and it seems secure.

I’m a little subconscious about wearing something so over-the-top glamorous out in public so I need a special occasion to happen Stat! It’s actually the perfect size though so there’s a chance it could make its way out with me someday. People will probably assume it’s costume jewelry and then I will look ridiculous.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
It is really gorgeous! I love it as a brooch with the pearl but also without as a pendant, so many options :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE Belle Époque and this right here sums up all the reasons why, just so romantic and pretty. I’m glad it’s even better in-person and I hope you find an occasion to give her her full glory soon!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It is so dreamy. It would also be interesting to have a jeweler peek at the pretty blue sapphire. I wonder if it is a natural unheated sapphire. I would not be surprised.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous and the size is perfect. Looks fabulous as a brooch and pendant. I’m glad you didn’t miss out on it either :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, forgot to mention that the sapphire being an old cut, that’s not something you see everyday. This is a great heirloom quality find.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
How do you remove the pearl when it’s worn as a pendant? The whole piece is gorgeous! Love how it looks on you.

ETA: Never mind! On a closer look, I see the pearl tucked behind. :razz:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad I didn’t miss out on this piece. I gave it another good clean and it is insanely sparkly. There is one prong missing on the sapphire but you can’t really see it and it seems secure.

I’m a little subconscious about wearing something so over-the-top glamorous out in public so I need a special occasion to happen Stat! It’s actually the perfect size though so there’s a chance it could make its way out with me someday. People will probably assume it’s costume jewelry and then I will look ridiculous.

I love love it! So beautiful! Do you mind sharing the vendor?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here! I love it and it’s about the size I expected and not teeny tiny. It’s perfect for a pendant or a brooch without being overwhelming but it’s definitely blingy. I am not sure when I will wear it but I’m determined to figure that out. I couldn’t figure out a way to properly string the chain through it but managed to get pics anyway. It will need a new bale I think. I don’t actually even mind the pearl. It’s heavy at over 5 grams.

The diamonds are so sparkly and after a clean it looks even better. The sapphire is European cut and has an open culet too! This was totally worth the frivolous splurge but the price was actually very affordable.

Lots of pics. Goes great with gym clothes don’t you think?

B7DDC5CB-A522-4ABE-BC40-6690ED31DEA7.jpeg 46CB0FDF-78C5-477E-AA4E-BFABA224B894.jpeg DA2B9CDA-10B0-4863-A7F1-015DB05CE873.jpeg

32EAC97F-DD97-44C7-A8C9-ECF519EA2AF6.jpeg F6A383AD-E5DC-4D7E-8600-43BEE6FC1CAB.jpeg 44FB6435-A2C1-40F1-9685-7D776B0563F6.jpeg 9295A8F2-F65D-4380-B933-5F810A54CD46.jpeg AD375DD1-CD7F-418F-947B-8536567EED6E.jpeg

It’s gorgeous! Perfect size!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @CaseyLouLou, This is so so beautiful. The size is perfect. i would love to find a necklace like this. It’s perfection in my eyes, One of the prettiest I have seen on Pricescope!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I love love it! So beautiful! Do you mind sharing the vendor?

Sure. Hopefully this link will work. They are an eBay store and have some very nice things. The reviews aren’t perfect and my piece did have a broken prong that wasn’t mentioned and they don’t accept returns which is normally a deal breaker for me but the price was decent and I was pretty sure I was going to like it.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
It is so dreamy. It would also be interesting to have a jeweler peek at the pretty blue sapphire. I wonder if it is a natural unheated sapphire. I would not be surprised.

I was wondering the same thing. It’s pretty small but very sparkly and clean. I’m happy assuming it’s genuine since the piece is so nice but maybe I will show it to my jeweler just for fun. I know synthetics were often used but for some reason I think this one is natural.

Any idea as to the age? Maybe 20’s or 30’s? The 18k does suggest American.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering the same thing. It’s pretty small but very sparkly and clean. I’m happy assuming it’s genuine since the piece is so nice but maybe I will show it to my jeweler just for fun. I know synthetics were often used but for some reason I think this one is natural.

Any idea as to the age? Maybe 20’s or 30’s? The 18k does suggest American.

I am a complete beginner, but if you loupe the stone, do you see silk or any little imperfections? I have a natural blue (new avatar) and the inside is full of interesting things.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am a complete beginner, but if you loupe the stone, do you see silk or any little imperfections? I have a natural blue (new avatar) and the inside is full of interesting things.

I will try to loupe it again but I didn’t see anything interesting the first time other than realizing it had an open culet and that was Very interesting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results