shape
carat
color
clarity

I.D. Jewelry (and Yekutiel) do it again.

kellte2

Rough_Rock
I came to Pricescope without a clue. I was looking for a loose oval diamond and was barely beginning to learn the basics of the 4 C's, not to mention the fact that my SO wanted an oval shaped diamond that is known to be difficult to purchase sight unseen.

After a few fruitless trips to local jewelry stores, I began to really dig into online research. Somewhere along the way, I stumbled upon Price Scope and registered for a username. I'd really spent a lot of time on James Allen, as they offered a unique ability to "see" the diamond online, but save for a stone or two, nothing really nailed the price-quality ratio that we wanted.

A few weeks into the search, I wasn't really making much progress, so I decided to email some of the vendors listed within the Price Scope search. One of those vendors was I.D. Jewelry in NYC. The previous night, my SO and I were out to dinner with friends from NYC and they regaled us with how they'd done their e-ring shopping exclusively in the Diamond District with several "guys." There was an "oval diamond guy" and then a "baguette diamond guy," and finally a "setting guy." We joked that I needed to find a guy and fly up to NYC to make progress on my own search, little did I know that I would be emailing my "everything guy" the next day.

Yekutiel of I.D. Jewelry called me in response to my email inquiry and left a voicemail on my work line early Monday morning. His message was polite, and he seemed confident that he would be able to help me with my search. As I had sent my emails out over the weekend, he was literally the first person to respond, and in retrospect, the fact that he called was a sign of his unique personal touch. Having gone through the entire process with Yekutiel, I can confidently say that I felt like his only customer. I know this notion is ridiculous and that I.D. Jewelry is extremely busy, but it was his impeccable customer service and gentle demeanor that created this sensation. My ring was a top priority to me, and Yekutiel always made me feel like it was his as well.

We started with the stone. Ovals are notoriously difficult to source. The cut isn't "rated" by GIA and a good looking oval on paper can be a real disappointment when you finally lay eyes on the stone. After discussing what I wanted, Yekutiel called me back a day or two later with option #1, a 2.06 GIA IF/H oval. He was high on the stone, but wanted to keep looking, and so he did. He called in a few more stones and provided me with regular updates regarding his search, but he always kept coming back to the IF/H stone. I knew that we couldn't look forever, so after several other options were dispensed, we decided that I would take a look at the stone in person. When it arrived, I knew it was a winner. I took the stone to an independent appraiser (Lois Bouchard in Cary, NC - she was fantastic to work with, too), and she was over the moon on the stone. Having seen it with my own eyes, and having received rave reviews from an appraiser, I knew this oval was gonna be our guy.

Next came the setting. I was not only pleased with his diamond sourcing work, but I genuinely liked working with the guy, so I decided to have Yekutiel and I.D. Jewelry make my setting. My SO was very particular with what she wanted, and Yekutiel patiently worked with me through all of these details. I wanted a delicate ring with an even more delicate halo. Yekutiel and his team were all over it. We worked through several CADs and finally came upon our production design. Then began the waiting game. I was confident the entire time that the ring would turn out beautifully, but I.D. Jewelry really surpassed my expectations. The quality of the setting to my sometimes overly discerning eye, and to the eye of my independent appraiser, is exceptionally high. And to top it off, the cost of the setting came in considerably lower than I was initially quoted. I am not very easy to please, but this experience left me 100% satisfied.

More importantly, my new fiance is also 100% satisfied with the ring. She initially helped me with the search, but I eventually cut her out of the process to preserve some semblance of a surprise. However, I would often speak highly of my dealings with I.D. Jewelry, and for that reason, we hold it and Yekutiel in special place in our hearts. Thank you very much.

And because I'm posting on "Show me the bling," here are the pics (excuse the one with my man-hand):

(My original thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-oval-for-first-time-buyer.222541/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-oval-for-first-time-buyer.222541/[/URL])

img_12172.jpg

img_12173.jpg

_37736.jpg

fullsizerender__3_9.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing! I LOVE that oval and they did a great job on the setting. SO classy and elegant. Congrats!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look amazing - love how delicate and subtle the halo is! Congrats on a job well done! The ring looks beautiful on the finger - she must be so pleased!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW this is gorgeous!! Congratulations!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! IDJ is awesome :appl:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
First I want to say Congratulations!
This ring is absolutely Stunning! I love how delicate the halo is and the oval diamond is to die for :appl:
I worked with IDJ many times and I am always happy with their work and service is the best!
All the best and happy it worked out for you :D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for writing such a detailed review!!

The ring is exquisite -- CONGRATULATIONS!! [emoji2]

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Well done - the ring is beautifully delicate (even on your man hand).

As another happy IDJ customer, I'm thrilled but not at all surprised to know that Yekutiel gave you such great service. He's a real 'gem' :lol: (bad joke)

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations on your engagement! And your ring is stunning! IDJ does it again! I've worked with Yekutiel on a few projects and will continue to go back for my future purchases as well as recommend friends and family to him. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeeeee!!! :love: :love: :love: That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
The way you describe Yekutiel is spot on! This is why IDJ has also become my "everything" vendor!!! :lol:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is amazing! Absolutely beautiful! Isn't there something just so special about IF? "our little secret"? Well done! :clap:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful, congratulations to you both.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! And I love the ring, the halo is especially delicate & beautiful & floral. Well done!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks so elegant and gorgeous on your fiancée's finger! :love: Did you end up keeping all the same ring specs (i.e., 14k white gold, 1.5 mm halo, 1.8 mm shank, cathedral setting, etc.)? What is the ring size? Please share more photos and videos!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love I.D. jewelry and I love your ring! :love:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is simply gorgeous! Congratulations and wear it in good health! :wavey: :appl:

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. IDJ is amazing. I love the whole team there

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohh....stunning, stunning ring!!!! Looks perfect on your fiance!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGATULATIONS!! It looks great even with your man hands!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
It's really beautiful! Congrats!! You did a GREAT job!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and the ring is GORGEOUS. :love: Elegant and graceful. :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring!!! :love: IDJ is the best!!!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning and a show piece. I love your oval and so appreciate you sharing with all of us! Wear in health and happiness! :angel:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring. Both the stone and the setting are amazing. Your ring looks gorgeous on you. Enjoy wearing it and congrats!

Biba

Rough_Rock
Classy ring. Congratulations. :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1467952859|4052891 said:
Squeeeee!!! :love: :love: :love: That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
The way you describe Yekutiel is spot on! This is why IDJ has also become my "everything" vendor!!! :lol:

I'm so happy that you found our true *jewel* in the heart of the Diamond District. A lot of us call Yekutiel our "everything guy". He'll never disappoint, that's for sure. Congratulations to you and your sweetheart. He ring came out just perfect!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
LOVE your ring! Truly amazing :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! LOVE!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results