shape
carat
color
clarity

I cracked my jade bangle

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm such a moron!!! I was brushing my dog and I saw a mosquito. Didn't want it to bite her because she's old so I rushed to hit it and clanged my two Jade bangles together.

It was a massive, massive, massive clang.

The lavender is built like a tank so now the green has a huge crack in it. Can't feel it but it's so obviously there.

I'm so so so so so upset.

I need to rethink this whole wearing one bangle on each arm thing.

I'm so upset.

There are not enough crying emojis out there for me right now.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, what a shame! But you were looking after your doggy so it was in a good cause, I guess (trying to be positive). Can jade be fixed??

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, what a shame! But you were looking after your doggy so it was in a good cause, I guess (trying to be positive). Can jade be fixed??

It's not broken but I'm just so upset that there's an internal crack.

I'm still wearing it

I wonder if I should just wear one.

The lavender is crazy large and sturdy if I hit anything on it, it will win.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!!!!!! I’m so sad and sorry this happened to you @mellowyellowgirl. I’d be so upset if this happened to me and I’m really upset for you. Is it repairable or is it not a desirable to wear a jade bangle with a crack in it?
Big hugs xx

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!!!!!! I’m so sad and sorry this happened to you @mellowyellowgirl. I’d be so upset if this happened to me and I’m really upset for you. Is it repairable or is it not a desirable to wear a jade bangle with a crack in it?
Big hugs xx

I have no idea! Technically it hasn't broken yet so it could theoretically take another "hit" for me so to speak.

It's still so pretty!!!! I can't bear to take it off.

I'm so miserable!!!!

My consolation is that it took a hit because I was trying to protect my dog (I know it's stupid as it was from a mozzie but she was the only thing on my mind at the time). She's very elderly so if this hit buys her an extra year, I'm all for it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

I won't wear Jade bangles as I am heavy with my hands.

Could it be salvaged, like cut into separate pieces and join together with metal findings in between?

DK:))

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry to hear that. I know how that feel.

Maybe take it off now and only wear during special occassion? To minimize chance of furhter crash?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!!!! You're all so very lovely.

Should I just stick to one arm? I've noticed it's usually them knocking into each other rather than me knocking them onto surfaces.

I did love the look of one on each arm.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that hurts! I'm so sorry, but I'm glad your baby didn't get bit. It was nice of your bangle to take the hit instead.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Can you put a decorative strip of metal for protection?

But yes if you already notice it’s mostly them knocking into each other, then pls wear just one. Or both on the same arm.

Inspirations...
BFA9C9C2-F174-4F3A-BCA0-58DA6E1E35E6.jpeg 3EE3E7E2-2858-4CAA-B2A8-F8059A83A541.jpeg
62E21D99-9ECE-44E6-B780-1E1518A65B54.jpeg

I didn't know products like that existed!!!! Maybe I'll console myself by assuming that people wreck their bangles all the time?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I didn't know products like that existed!!!! Maybe I'll console myself by assuming that people wreck their bangles all the time?

Oh yes, and that’s why I cannot bring myself to buy bangles that are too expensive. It’s too nerve wrecking to wear. Or you can drop them or whatever.

Anyway the saying is that the bangle cracked/broke to avert a misfortune for you right?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, and that’s why I cannot bring myself to buy bangles that are too expensive. It’s too nerve wrecking to wear. Or you can drop them or whatever.

Anyway the saying is that the bangle cracked/broke to avert a misfortune for you right?

I was really getting into this Jade bangle mode and was working myself up to a really fabulous piece but now methinks no!!!

Moderately priced ones will do just fine.

Going to wear both until bedtime and then it'll be down to one at a time
*so sad* *sniff*

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ya typically I hear that the really pricey ones are kept for investment ie keep in safe and maybe sell in a few years/decade. Not for wearing. Unless you’re some rich billionaire I guess.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Can you put a decorative strip of metal for protection?

But yes if you already notice it’s mostly them knocking into each other, then pls wear just one. Or both on the same arm.

Inspirations...
BFA9C9C2-F174-4F3A-BCA0-58DA6E1E35E6.jpeg 3EE3E7E2-2858-4CAA-B2A8-F8059A83A541.jpeg
62E21D99-9ECE-44E6-B780-1E1518A65B54.jpeg

Oh that is so pretty

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

There was a thread last week i think about bangles/bracletes and damage and the dominate hand

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @mellowyellowgirl I am sorry to hear this! I was considering adding a jade bracelet to my jewelry wardrobe.
So, you had one on each wrist and they banged together and one cracked? Or you were wearing them together when it cracked?
Anyway, glad you saved your pooch. ❤️

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @mellowyellowgirl I am sorry to hear this! I was considering adding a jade bracelet to my jewelry wardrobe.
So, you had one on each wrist and they banged together and one cracked? Or you were wearing them together when it cracked?
Anyway, glad you saved your pooch. ❤️

One on each wrist! I clapped my hands together to kill the mosquito and BANG they met in the middle with a clang. The lavender is a 12.5mm monster so it did damage to this one at 10mm.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops2: Goodness, you went all in on saving your dog!! I hope you can forgive yourself quickly and continue to wear and enjoy it.

She can't take heartworm prevention medication due to some issues (long story).

Mosquitoes can spread heart worm in dogs. So I panicked.

I'm feeling a bit better. The rationale is that I feel much worse whenever she's unwell so if I don't have that particular feeling right now, I'm not doing too badly. There are worse things in life than a cracked bangle.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl

Sorry to hear about the crack. Will the crack worsens overtime? Fixing it with gold sounds like a good idea. Can you just wear one at a time for now until the other one is fixed?

voce

Ideal_Rock
That's heart-wrenching. But at least it's still wearable for now? Just be more careful from now on. Agree that protecting your furbaby supercedes everything else, so hope you are able to look on the bright side.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just following on from DK's suggestion about what you can do ...... have you ever heard of Kintsugi? It's a Japanese form of repairing cracks by filling them with gold to enhance the beauty of the scars. I love this idea and if your bangle does break I wonder if it could be repaired by filling the cracks with gold?

Edit: Just seen that @fantapanda has suggested the same thing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results