shape
carat
color
clarity

I could really use your input on the following diamonds...

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Hi, gang. I'm looking to get some nice RBC earrings in the 1.00 ctw range (j-k color/SI1-SI2 clarity grades) with the best possible cut for the money. I currently have a pair of "true hearts" diamonds from James Allen on hold, and I wanted to see what you think. Here are the links:

There is a technical issue with the scope imaging for the 0.48 carat J VS2 at this time, but they are supposed to resolve that and provide the ideal scope and hearts images for it by early tomorrow evening--- and when they do I will post 'em here. I'm actually pretty impressed with the numbers and scope images on the 0.47 K SI2, especially considering the fact that it is only $740. I realize that not everyone is a fan of the so-called 60/60 stones, and I think this is def one 'em as it has an HCA score of 0.5 with nice spread. I think the hearts look pretty good, and I'm only detecting just a little light leakage around the table. What do you folks think?

I'm also looking at a couple of diamonds at Blue Nile, and the imaging they provided look nice, and the numbers are looking pretty sharp as well overall. one is a 0.54 K SI1 (HCA score of 0.8 with nice spread)for only $826, and the other is a 0.54 J VS2( HCA 0.9 with nice spread) for only $922.

LD12956518

LD12695963

I would be extremely grateful if you UBER Diamond-savvy peeps would look all of these over for me and give me your honest opinion on which pair you think is the better deal.

Also: If you guys and gals think the Blue Nile diamonds are worth investigating further, i fully intend to examine 'em in person using an asset scope and an ideal scope before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the JA stones, you should post the certs. It appears one is GIA and the other AGS.

One thing that causes concern is one is a J and the other a K. It's only 1 color grade but as you go lower in color, you can have more variance so it may be detectable.

If possible it would be nice to see the videos side by side to detect any color differences.

Also the SI2 has black crystals, so it may not be eye clean.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely need to post the reports on the JA stones and give us the cost of the stones or total cost (if you want to know which one is the better deal).

The BN stones have slightly different flavors that would bother some PSers (different lower halves giving different look to arrows). In this size stone
it may not be a big issue in person (to the non-PSer).

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
After doing a little more research I discovered that one of the diamonds was cut too deeply. So I released that hold, and looked for slightly larger true hearts diamonds to put together for a pair of earrings. Here are the links to the actual images, and I will post the grading reports as well. I'm actually pretty stoked about this set. I think for price and quality $2,400 is more than fair(and I'm probably quite a bit more lenient when it comes to eye-cleanliness than the average person--- especially for smaller diamonds).

Attachments

• cert.jpeg
    cert.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 1579911081066_cert.jpeg
    1579911081066_cert.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
After doing a little more research I discovered that one of the diamonds was cut too deeply. So I released that hold, and looked for slightly larger true hearts diamonds to put together for a pair of earrings. Here are the links to the actual images, and I will post the grading reports as well. I'm actually pretty stoked about this set. I think for price and quality $2,400 is more than fair(and I'm probably quite a bit more lenient when it comes to eye-cleanliness than the average person--- especially for smaller diamonds).

@tyty333 @sledge @Garry H (Cut Nut) sorry to be a pest, but I would REALLY love to get your input before I pull the trigger on this loose pair via wire transfer on Monday. And if anyone else has an opinion I would be thrilled to hear it, too.

The smaller true hearts pair are only $2,450 total, which I feel is a very good value for the overall quality. do you guys agree? my plan is to have them set in Platinum 4-prong basket earring posts as a set of earrings, making the total price right around $2,780 total. They have HCA sores of 0.9 and 1.2 respectively, and I've confirmed with JA that both of the stones are eye-clean. But do you think the smaller diamonds will look ok set in Platinum as earrings, or will the Platinum make them look too warm? I'm hoping they are small enough not to display too much color overall as earrings. And I'm definitely going to look at them with my ideal scope, asset scope, and hearts and arrows viewer loose, but I was hoping to get your opinions on the hearts and arrows and ideal scope images that are already listed online. I think they look pretty good, but I'm definitely not remotely as up to snuff as you when it comes to light performance evaluation tools, etc.

Thanks, again. And sorry if I'm coming across pushy--- I do realize it's the weekend and most peeps are busy. ☺️

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Two comments: 1) Platinum is heavier on the earlobes and also more costly. However, it does have a warmer tone as you mentioned. However, because you are going with K color, I am hesitant on white gold as it is brighter and “whiter” and I fear it will make the Ks look more tinted. 2) You need to make sure the table reflections match. You don’t want the stones to have the same visual appearance so they look like they match.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will look over specs tomorrow.

I am confused though. Are these for you, or a future Ms Right? During your e-ring stone upgrade and eventually repalcement, you made it sound like there wasn't anyone close to fitting that sort of a role.

If for a future person I would advise to instead invest in a mutual fund and let the money grow until you know who this lady is and what she will like and prefer. K is a pretty warm color that not everyone will love, so you need to really know the wearer will appreciate them IMO.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you talking about the smaller pair of True Hearts from your first post? I still dont see where you posted the reports on them. Am I missing them?

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Are you talking about the smaller pair of True Hearts from your first post? I still dont see where you posted the reports on them. Am I missing them?

If you scroll up a bit you'll see that I posted links for a .62 and a .61(these bigger ones are also JA true hearts, but I've decided just to keep the .62 because of the excellent bright red ideal scope.... and to just keep looking for a reasonably priced super ideal K that will match it better--- preferably an si1 or si2).

I would still be very interested in hearing what you have to say about the .62, however. 1579911081066_cert.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results